Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Demoiselle Plans?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Demoiselle Plans?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Jack H
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Demoiselle Plans?

After watching that Vid I'm ready to try it again! My 1st one came off the Carsten Plans. I Was always bothered about the tail rigging geometry and bell crank arrangements'.,as it seems the cable drive and the articulated tail always gave me too much differential Looseness ? Either I'd get the elevator the way I liked it , the the rudder cabling was too loose or vice verse.

Any tip's on how you over came the quad pull / pull geometry ? Did you use idler sheaves on the mast ?
Old 12-30-2009, 07:00 AM
RandyL
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Demoiselle Plans?

Jack.... I took these to see if my controls may give you ideas.

I did not like mine when the elevator wires were attached to the forward tips... I drilled holes 1/2 way back towards the center post, epoxied in nylon tubes and connected there with a large loop. It now has decent rudder travel with little effect on elevator.

Also slipped some black cloth behind the rudder controls so a pic of some kind would show up. This setup allows for elevator control with little effect to the rudder.

Mine was flying using 140# Kevlar string... It kind of bothered me as it is very strong but not all that abrasion resistant. I changed the controls to thin steel cable this winter. It is a big model and I feel better with the steel lines. U-Control uses this type cable on there airplanes so it is easily available.

Hope this helps..Randy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65911.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1345008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71618.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1345009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk16448.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	1345010  
Old 01-25-2023, 01:35 PM
TJK
My Feedback: (69)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Resurrecting an old thread, here!

I am looking for a set of those large-scale Demoiselle plans. The Alien Aircraft website no longer functions.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-26-2023, 11:52 AM
RandyL
My Feedback: (4)

I might have something that can help. Send me a private message with your e-mail and I will contact you that way.

What I can say is that Alien aircraft sold out many years ago. I believe that SIG bought their kit line as they produced their airplanes for some time. I think they may still be listed on the SIG web site, but as no stock. There has been at least 2 owners of SIG since then. Currently the plant in Iowa is cleaned out and for sale, hopefully to open again in some form.. I heard rumors of Illinois.

I still have my Demoiselle, Love it.
Old 01-26-2023, 02:49 PM
TJK
My Feedback: (69)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Demoiselle plans

Hi Randy, thanks for the response!

Please check your PM.

Tom