Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

1/3 Scale Nieuport 17

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

1/3 Scale Nieuport 17

Old 09-27-2006, 08:19 AM
Badge
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/3 Scale Nieuport 17

Im looking for a 1/3 scale Nieuport 17 kit/plans I want something very scale to go nuts on with scale detail. Im aware Arizona Models has one but I also have been warned dozens of time they are not to be trusted so I am looking else where.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Jaime326

Default RE: 1/3 Scale Nieuport 17

Arizona Models currently offers kits in a 1/12 and 1/4 scale sizes only. Plans at 1/3 scale and a short kit can be cut on a custom basis. We do not currently offer the 1/3 N 17 aluminum cowl which is the reason a full kit is not on the web (yet). Pictures of an assembled kit and a sample of the scale plans can be seen by clicking on the Flyboys Models button on the home page. (FYI We provided the detailed plans to Flyboys for the Dr.1 N 17 Gotha and Zeppelin. We also produced all the triplane models used in the movie) These drawings are the source for the kit design which comes with wire wheels, a 9 cylinder dummy engine, guns with brass ammo, leather trim, cockpit details and custom brass/aluminum hardware.

With regard to the "bad reputation" AZM has been making kits for 14 years. Early on (before I bought the company) orders were slow to fill and the quality was not the best. We have significantly improved both aspects. Considering we offer over 50 different aircraft types most at scale sizes from 1/12 to full size and of the 3500+ orders filled on an annual basis we average less that a half dozen returns and cancellations a year. AZM designs have consistently been invited to Top Gun, place in the top 10 nationally at Scale Masters, and have won Best Of Show (last 2 years) at Rhienbeck. A reputation is a like a model. They are a lot easier to crash than build. You may want to look into this yourself than relying on the Internet echo chamber.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:43 PM
HarryJ
My Feedback: (98)

I can back Jamie up on the quality and scale detail of AZM's models. I have their Tiger Moth and it is 100% top quality materials and workmanship. Every small detail is covered. I also have thier cockpit kit and wheels on my BUSA Sopwith Pup, much more detailed than the ones that came with kit. They even use the correct number of spokes for German or British wheels and the tires are branded.

Harry
Old 09-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Badge

Im glad your on here because Ive wanted one of your kits for many years but always ended up buying another 40% aerobat. Now after seeing Flyboys and my trips to Rhinebeck I think its time to bite the bullet.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:14 PM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, you might start by seeing if you can find a Nieuport-ish 1/3 scale cowl/pot somewhere. If not, you might want to stick with 1/4 scale.

My guess is that about 6 months to a year from now (the release of Flyboys!) there are going to be a TON of Nieuport 17's out there!!! I'm ahead of the curve with my Flair Legionaire just about ready.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Badge

I want to stick with the larger planes 80" just doesnt do anything for me with my fleet of 120" and bigger.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:59 PM
abufletcher

Just keep in mind that at 1/3 scale you'll be fabricating virtually all the scale stuff yourself by hand. Still, it would be one very impressive project!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:03 PM
Badge

Thats fine, I work over in a friends shop and he is a top gun builder so if I can't figure something out he can.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:54 AM
abufletcher

Here you go! One 17 1/2" (44cm) aluminum cowl just perfect for that 40% Nieuport someone is just dying to build! Bet those handles weigh as much as the rest of the pot put together!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73179.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	532263