Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Royal Kits

Old 01-26-2011, 04:17 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Royal Kits

Someone will have to take the leap of faith and send them 25 bucks. ...............Don't look at me! The P-61 would be neat
Old 01-26-2011, 04:26 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: johnboy151a

Try this link for Royal plans.
http://rc-royal.com/rc-plane-plan.html

John

that is just u.s.wing from ebay
Old 01-26-2011, 04:58 PM

Re: rc-royal.com plans:

In view of his claim that: "These plans & building instruction book will provide *all the information* you need to complete scratch build the Royal or Marutaka Rc aircraft.",
it would be worth asking if full scale templates for *all* die cut parts are provided. Wings and formers in particular.

For instance, he offers plans for the Bearcat one of the Marutaka kits I happen to own. The only full size drawings of ribs and formers shown on my plans are CF-2,
F-1,F-4,F-8 and W-8. That's it. No other formers, wing ribs, or stab or fin parts provided. The one's shown only happen to be there because that's where the
cross sections are taken. The plans are not intended for scratch building. There is, of course, a small inaccurate NTS reference sheet provided showing these parts
but they are not templates, as is often claimed by people selling the plans on EBAY. Now if these good folks would go to the trouble of tracing the die cut parts
not shown on the plans and including them with the plans they are selling, it would be a different story.

I also have the Marutaka Bird Dog kit and it is the same story. Other Royal/Marutaka kits may provide more information on the plans , but that's all there is
on the two in my possession.

BTW for those interested, the thickness of the aluminum cowl supplied with the Bearcat kit is .040, as spun.

GeneH
Old 01-26-2011, 05:02 PM
My Feedback: (68)

I think this is where US WING gets his plans and cowls to sell on ebay. I have bought a couple Royal plans from him on ebay in the past and have had no problems.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:59 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Thank you for the info.royal kits are a bear to build when you are missing parts.
Thanks again
byjoe
Old 01-27-2011, 12:02 AM

rc-royal.com is uswing's off-ebay site.

He seems like a good guy to deal with - I purchased B-17 Royal plans from him.

The B-17, a work in progress, seems to have all the ribs and formers. Royal intended the full scale pieces on the plan as convenience templates for crash repairs so some of the plans will be more complete than others. I think if you contacted him, uswing, and explained why, he would send you a smaller photo of the plans by email so you could decide if they contain enough detail.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:15 AM

Thanks for your reply.Iam going to check with them.
byjoe
Old 01-27-2011, 03:11 PM

woa woa if all you are looking to do is see if there is enough detail to scratch build I can provide scans for referencing your needs.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: harryg69

rc-royal.com is uswing's off-ebay site.

He seems like a good guy to deal with - I purchased B-17 Royal plans from him.

The B-17, a work in progress, seems to have all the ribs and formers. Royal intended the full scale pieces on the plan as convenience templates for crash repairs so some of the plans will be more complete than others. I think if you contacted him, uswing, and explained why, he would send you a smaller photo of the plans by email so you could decide if they contain enough detail.

sweet harry I've got a partial b-17 kit i bought here on rcu ($200 not selling) and I made tracings of all the parts.
Reason why she is partial is the seller "FrankWilliams" had built wing panels (just glued ribs and spars) am trying to get by with templates though I'd like my wings.
The seller wont return my emails and wont send me the wing panels even though I am willing to make a box and pay for shipping to and from him.

I can scan the parts
Old 01-30-2011, 10:01 AM

Old 01-31-2011, 05:04 AM
My Feedback: (25)

ORIGINAL: grh_70

Other Royal/Marutaka kits may provide more information on the plans , but that's all there is on the two in my possession.

GeneH
It depends on when your kit was produced. The older kits in the plain white box with blue stripes and the name of the airplane stamped on one end had plans that did not include more that a couple formers and only a few ribs. The later kits that came in boxes with pictures of the plane on the front of the box had plans that showed all the die cut parts. I built a P-26 from Royal plans. On the later plans it says right on them "Plans can be used for scratch building".

I'm not sure if they updated every set of plans, but I have several of the older kits with the old plans and have bought plans from the uswing for the same plane just so I could have all the templates. For example, I have an older Cessna 310Q kit. The plans show very little in way of formers and ribs. The plans I bought from uswing are complete with all templates. Not the crappy little template sheet, but actual full size templates drawn right on the plans.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:40 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Smithcreek is correct about the difference in plans. I have 18 Royal kits with a couple of doubles. An early B-25(white box) that shows only a couple of formers and a later version that has a complete parts sheet. Also have one kit that the plans and building guide are in both Japanese and English!
Old 01-31-2011, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: smithcreek

ORIGINAL: grh_70

Other Royal/Marutaka kits may provide more information on the plans , but that's all there is on the two in my possession.

GeneH
It depends on when your kit was produced. The older kits in the plain white box with blue stripes and the name of the airplane stamped on one end had plans that did not include more that a couple formers and only a few ribs. The later kits that came in boxes with pictures of the plane on the front of the box had plans that showed all the die cut parts. I built a P-26 from Royal plans. On the later plans it says right on them ''Plans can be used for scratch building''.

I'm not sure if they updated every set of plans, but I have several of the older kits with the old plans and have bought plans from the uswing for the same plane just so I could have all the templates. For example, I have an older Cessna 310Q kit. The plans show very little in way of formers and ribs. The plans I bought from uswing are complete with all templates. Not the crappy little template sheet, but actual full size templates drawn right on the plans.

do you have the current 310Q plans with all formers?
Old 02-10-2011, 08:00 AM

I've not found much on the internet at all regarding Royal / Marutaka kits.

I just got my hands on a NIB Royal Piper Colt Sr. with a cockpit kit.

I plan on building it as soon as I've finished the TF P-39 I'm currently working on.

Anyone have any insight about the Piper Colt Sr kit?

I'm thinking a Robart steerable front strut, working flaps, and a Saito .91.

I have not been able to find a photo of the finished model despite an exhaustive search...

Moderator: sorry for the double-post, my original post in the "Marutaka(Royal) quit their business" thread can be deleted as I think I will have better luck here...

Chris

Old 02-10-2011, 10:31 AM

Hello,

I have a number of engines that range in size from .15 to .40, all mismatched. Does anyone know if Royal has any <u>single engine</u><u> WWII warbird plans</u> in this engine range and where I can get them?

I don't want to build a multi-engine and try to sync these different brand engines.

Thanks,
Harry
Old 02-10-2011, 11:43 AM

Royal Spitfire 40,Zero 40 size.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:26 PM

ORIGINAL: byjoe

Royal Spitfire 40,Zero 40 size.
Thanks!

Any idea where I can get the plans? None on eBay right now and Google search didn't turn any up.

Thanks,
Harry

Old 02-10-2011, 01:15 PM

here is the ebay seller u.s.wings page.
he is the best one to get plans from, be warned though he doesnt have plans for the smaller .25 -.40 kits.
he is currently on break from enbay but his email is listed on the site http://rc-royal.com/
I have the plans for the .25 size semi scale royal spitfire and templates too.
Here message uncle willie http://cgi.ebay.com/Ki-61-Hein-Royal...item3f0733596d
he has .40 sized ki-61 hien plans.

for the .25 size royal spitfire plans private message me your email and i'll send you my scans.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Piper Colt! Tell us all when you get into that project. What a cool plane! The Robart Co. should have a great nose gear for that, I agree.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:13 AM

Well, after doing some research on the full scale Piper Colt, it seems that aircraft was not equipped with flaps (while the big brother Pacer / Tri Pacer was).

So, to keep it scale, it looks like I will not be addind flaps to the Colt Sr. after all.

Also, I think I found the livery I want to use...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80978.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	1561686  
Old 02-12-2011, 02:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a student pilot in Florida I distinctly recall taxiing and seeing a "Tri-Pacer"; my instructor and I both acknowledged what a cool plane it was. I totally love the plane! Do it! It is damn near as cool as a real warplane as far as civil aircraft go, and the Piper Cub isn't the only great civil plane at all. Much is forgotten. -The thread Author
Old 02-12-2011, 07:33 AM
My Feedback: (8)

I have the Colt Jr. converted to a Tripacer. It is about 60% built but on the back burner right now. Posted some pics here about 100 pages back.

Name:	Db84914.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1562181  
Old 02-12-2011, 09:03 AM

Hello,

I have Royal plans for a Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress (Specs below). I have just started. The only thing I have done so far is cut the wing ribs. I have only the plans, not the kit.
Specs: Engine: .15-.25, Fuselage: 55 3/8", Wing Span: 77 3/4", Wing Area: 806 Sq.In.

I am on a <u>TIGHT </u>budget. I don't want to use electric motors.

I am asking for inexpensive motor recommendations as I need to buy 4 for as little as possible or this bird will never leave the ground.

Also what is your opinion on using 4 used, mismatched, engines which have about the same RPM range?

I was thinking about 4 used .20 size as I could probably pick those upon eBay. There is no hobby shop where I live and no RC club either; I'm thinking about starting one. This is open country and I have never seen anyone else around here flying but I'm sure there are others out there.

Please reply with your suggestions .

Thanks,
Harry

Name:	Wu61618.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1562225  
Old 02-12-2011, 11:06 AM
P-Y

Hobbyking sells the "ASP S21A Two Stroke Glow Engine" for 40$
Old 02-12-2011, 12:13 PM

&lt;O.S. MAX .20

Many 'new in box' are to be found on second hand market like this one
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/O-S-MAX-20-R-C-ENGINE-RC-CARS-AIRPLANE-OS-MAX-/190497932235?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&am p;hash=item2c5a8fc3cb" target="_blank">
US$25 OS MAX</a>

Take your time, this model will take you months to build.

Think 'energy saving' very often also means money savings...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.