Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

scale maneuvers for bristol mc1

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

scale maneuvers for bristol mc1

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 11:16 AM
STIHAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scale maneuvers for bristol mc1

hi

i have bristol mc1 from balsa usa kit and want to enter it in some fun scale competitions. looking for some ideas what maveuvers was this aeroplane able to perform.
thanks for any help.

petr
Old 05-21-2003, 01:12 PM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

Petr,
I happen to have one of these little beauties. It's a neat flying little ship!
There are plenty of manuvers that the plane can do, the challenge for you will be to do them in a scale like fashion. That is, loops aren't round and probably start with a dive, rolls aren't straight, they lose altitude. Immelmans. Split esses. Possibly a lazy-8 or chondell. You need to make sure that the judges know what you are doing and what the plane is expected to do. If you say loop and they expect something round and you create an egg, you might not score well. However, if you tell the judges that, in order to do a loop, you'll first put the plane into a shallow dive to pick up airspeed and then pull up into the loop, making an egg shaped loop, and then you actually DO it like you described, you should score well.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:26 PM
jlsimon
My Feedback: (164)

You might also want to come in fast and smash up the landing gear and wing tips, nose over, etc.

From what I have read about them, they had a high Vs which made for interesting landings. So much so that they weren't used on the Western front.