Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

ikon 1/4 scale tri pacer

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

ikon 1/4 scale tri pacer

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 12:28 PM
gabe200
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ikon 1/4 scale tri pacer

hi everyone heres my 1/4 scale tri pacer need to finish the wing yet os 120 fs e faults nose gear i wish i could find a scale nose gear without to much modification i hte to tear the fire wall out
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15540.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1048116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15798.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1048117   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48712.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1048118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm29203.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1048119  
Old 10-08-2008, 03:55 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: ikon 1/4 scale tri pacer

One of my favoritem airplanes of that era, just seems to have alot of personality too me. I don't know why I like it so much more than similar taildraggers..but I do.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:56 AM
KrashMaster

Looks like the landing gear is on backwards?
Whatch out for nose overs on the grass.
Scott
Old 10-09-2008, 05:56 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The TRI-Pacer is a TRIcycle gear plane. If you look closely, you'll see the nose wheel.

As I understand it, Piper just turned the main gear around on the Colt, added a nose gear and VIOLA, a plane with a training wheel!

Nice looking plane.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:31 AM
UH34D
My Feedback: (3)

I think he is refering to the nose gear.Good luck with your TriPacer. I have the Monocoupe and I know what a building job they are!
Jim
Old 10-09-2008, 09:45 AM
gabe200

the gear is not on backwards the nose gear is fine its not scale i might be replacing the nose gear in the future for scale one
Old 10-09-2008, 08:10 PM
KrashMaster

OOOOOoops
I stand corrected:-(
Scott
Old 10-09-2008, 11:17 PM
gabe200

no problem i should have taken a better pic
Old 10-10-2008, 01:12 PM
KrashMaster

ORIGINAL: gabe200

I had a wreck yesterday, All day the wind though slight [5 mph] was coming from the right of me. Through the flight everything predictable, after three rounds I wanted to do a touch and go and suddenly the wind shifted and reversed direction, I am going 20 something MPH and a 15 mph tail wind pops up out of nowhere. Now I lose my lift and SLAM!!! The belly of the plane from ten feet and during the stall the bird spun sideways 90 degrees. Needless to say I squooshed the landing gear and broke a shock spring. 3 dollars at AutoZone and an hour later I was back in the air.
I wonder if the landing gear saved the plane or contributed to its demise to begin with, the gear added a pound of weight [a little less] to the craft. Less weight less impact but plane fuse takes the blow instead of the gear, I haven’t made up my mind yet, but I am tempted to work with all carbon stock and bungee to lighten up the load. This thing looks like something a war monger in battle would come up with just to get out of danger. Anyway, sometimes I take my Vid cam with me to look things over, I posted them one on Youtube Low crappy resolution, and the other one [putfiles-com] is in Windows Media [wmv] format but is crisp you will need a lightning fast connection it's 16 meg. The youtube one is 3 meg. Videos pay off but are a pain in the ***** like we don't have enough work to do in the pits[ya right].

You can hear the wind gust triple in volume just as it passes by me , witch I did not notice as much when I was flying, I felt the direction shift but didn't realize how much speed the wind picked up until I listened to the video, WOOOoooshshsh, If I was a better pilot I would have gunned it full throttle and pulled out. Yes Pilot error a big part here as well.

Heres the links,

Slow connection http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwTQkKpLBkw

-
Fast connection http://media.putfile.com/Landing-gear-saves-carnage

Your codecs drivers need to be up to snuff to view the fast connection. wmv format crunched with Xvid Video-2 Microsoft [in the head].
Old 10-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Props4ever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldn't really get anything out of the movie link you posted in this thread, the plane more looks as CUB without cowl to me then Tri-pacer and it looks as this movies is animation through out, all you see is fixed picture with animated plane flying in circles and camara is in fixed position!!.

ORIGINAL: KrashMaster

I had a wreck yesterday, All day the wind though slight [5 mph] was coming from the right of me. Through the flight everything predictable, after three rounds I wanted to do a touch and go and suddenly the wind shifted and reversed direction, I am going 20 something MPH and a 15 mph tail wind pops up out of nowhere. Now I lose my lift and SLAM!!! The belly of the plane from ten feet and during the stall the bird spun sideways 90 degrees. Needless to say I squooshed the landing gear and broke a shock spring. 3 dollars at AutoZone and an hour later I was back in the air.
I wonder if the landing gear saved the plane or contributed to its demise to begin with, the gear added a pound of weight [a little less] to the craft. Less weight less impact but plane fuse takes the blow instead of the gear, I haven’t made up my mind yet, but I am tempted to work with all carbon stock and bungee to lighten up the load. This thing looks like something a war monger in battle would come up with just to get out of danger. Anyway, sometimes I take my Vid cam with me to look things over, I posted them one on Youtube Low crappy resolution, and the other one [putfiles-com] is in Windows Media [wmv] format but is crisp you will need a lightning fast connection it's 16 meg. The youtube one is 3 meg. Videos pay off but are a pain in the ***** like we don't have enough work to do in the pits[ya right].

You can hear the wind gust triple in volume just as it passes by me , witch I did not notice as much when I was flying, I felt the direction shift but didn't realize how much speed the wind picked up until I listened to the video, WOOOoooshshsh, If I was a better pilot I would have gunned it full throttle and pulled out. Yes Pilot error a big part here as well.

Heres the links,

Slow connection http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwTQkKpLBkw

-
Fast connection http://media.putfile.com/Landing-gear-saves-carnage

Your codecs drivers need to be up to snuff to view the fast connection. wmv format crunched with Xvid Video-2 Microsoft [in the head].
Old 10-10-2008, 10:35 PM
KrashMaster

At the very end you see the bottom of the plane fly over head, if you turn up the sound or in my case wear head phones you can gear the crash and a gust of wind simotaniously , of coarse the camerra is sitting in a fixed spot, can anyone out here point and shoot a cam and fly at the same time? Hummmm?[:-]
Makes me think of biulding a head cam, strap it on my Hat and it will follow my direction of attention. That will give me something to do next weekend.
There is half a cowl missing and the Tonka Toy tires would give it a Cartoonish look with youtubes crappy compression.

Had a great fly today at Stahl Field in Bowling Green Kentucky, did several hours and touch and goes, Definatly not over weight just fumble thumbs and a tail wind that took me down a few notches in confidence.

Name:	Ge95111.gif
Views:	26
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1049395  
Old 11-14-2008, 08:36 PM
KrashMaster

Hows that plane comming along, I realy love those older birds.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:42 PM
gabe200

finally finished the tri pacer a few minor things left N numbers and stripes on the cowl other than that it flys great

Name:	Db85092.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1081734   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72469.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1081735   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch96083.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	40.6 KB