Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
 New: Beech Baron and Duchess arf >

New: Beech Baron and Duchess arf

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

New: Beech Baron and Duchess arf

Old 05-31-2009, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New: Beech Baron and Duchess arf

The Baron flies quite well. The test flights slow it to be quite stable at slow speeds. Lifts off the ground with less than 50% throttle in 75 ft. So far so good. I will see what this weeks flight schedule is but im thinking to try and take it out to a private air strip for the video. Option 2 is Pacific Raceways ( Home of the NHRA Nationals ). A nice long drag strip would make for a cool video. Ill find out on Monday and post then.</p>
Old 05-31-2009, 08:23 PM

Sounds Great! Looking forward to it.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:05 AM

Hi i hope you sending to norway to when the plan is reddy,best regards olav
Old 06-01-2009, 01:30 PM

Scale Flying,</p>

when do you think we can see the prototype of the King Air?</p>

Thanks,</p>

Roberto</p>
Old 06-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Bif

Hey saw this at SEFF and wow it's about time a plane of this caliber arrived. Not to disparage other attempts but this Baron and the King air are world class. I look forward getting both. Spent alot more and got alot less on other poor attempts but not this Gem. it's gorgeous and well made. Can't wait to see the video. I tried his custom battery with 35 c and 2100 mahit acts like a rocket , I have to bench test, it has to bemore than stated or this is the future battery for me 49.00 bucks for a 100 buck battery. I talked with the manufacturer, Cliff is a great guy. His web site is modern and helpful. These compliments are well deserved and his heli work is great. Back to Baron stuff , I think this is an outstanding rendition true to scale and will have one in Georgia as soon as he ships. Thanks for doing this bird well .Continued sucess and Blue Sky to all. scaleflying.com
Old 06-03-2009, 05:07 PM

The video was taken on a nice clear sunny day, however the winds were 15+ knots. The Baron likes to float in ground effect, as you can see in the video. Landing was also done with some pretty good gusty head winds. The video is a bit jumpy but its a start. Thought eveyone would like to see her in action. If you look at the take off, this was done with about half throttle. No part of this flight was done beyond 50% thottle. It has tons of power. When I get back from my trip, I will use two eflite 32's. using 4S set up. I think that the 32's will be just right for this airplane. Hope you guys like this short vid.

http://www.rcaerodyne.com/baron58-3.htm
Old 06-03-2009, 05:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GORGEOUS !!!!  It really deserves a pilot, a girl co-pilot, and draped curtains !!! <div>
</div><div>(Yes, Cliff, this is Arthur, LOL)</div>
Old 06-03-2009, 05:52 PM
My Feedback: (68)

thanks for the update. I like the fact it can run on fairly inexpensive electric setup. This way it keeps you from having the chop up the cowls

Old 06-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Bif

Now you did it. Wow time for me and the plane lift off was easy. The bird flew well in heavy wind. The landing looked real and now I want one. I have had alot of airplanes in my 40 years of flying but this time you are revolutionizing the industry. Guy's I saw this at SEFF and he let me handle it and take the wings off. Overall ARF a 10, company selling it a 10, price for one a 10 or priceless. This is a compliment towards his effort at delivering the right stuff and not before thoroughly testing. I look forward to this plane more than most, Regards to all. Bif
Old 06-03-2009, 07:26 PM
My Feedback: (9)

She is Beautiful for sure. She also looks to be very well behaved in the air. Teamscale is really doing a wonderful job for us modelers. I want some stick time real bad. My hat is off to you Team!
What TF Cessna 310? : )
Old 06-03-2009, 08:00 PM

I like the name teamscale, but I think someone took that name allready. I guess it coud be my new nickname. Anyhow, appreciate all the kind words. Next step here is to get the production models flying. Oh and Woodburner,, first thing to add isarethecurtains! I hope to get production underway shortly.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Bif

i THINKING THIS POST MAY GO ON TILL DELIVERY ? cURTAINS NOW THAT IS SCALE. CAN WE GET WHITE OUT WINDOWS JUST LIKE THE LAST BARON FLIGHT AWAY FROM A INCOMING BLIZZARD? hey when can we expect to get one available . will documentation or history come with the plan? I AM THINKING OF A MILITARY VERSION AND DOING RESEARCH I AM SURE THEY WOULD HAVE A GREAT SMALL TRANSPORT IN A BARON. AIM HIGH SOUNDS LIKE IT FIT'S YOU.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:11 PM

Boy... I was thinking about light green tinted windows! That would look great!<div>
</div><div>
</div><div>http://www.aircharternetwork.com.au/images/aircraft/twin-engine/BEECHCRAFT-BARON-B58.jpg</div>
Old 06-05-2009, 08:12 PM

Bif,<div>
</div><div>Ramon Torres has been flying a military Baron for years...</div>
Old 06-17-2009, 08:31 PM

has this thread moved somewhere else?
Old 06-17-2009, 08:33 PM

Nope... still here...
Old 06-18-2009, 12:45 AM
My Feedback: (60)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: woodburner

Bif,<div>
The Torres airplane is a King Air, or rather a T-44A (I think that's the military designation). The military version of the Baron was the T-42 "Cochise".
Old 06-18-2009, 01:45 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: PilotFighter

And since I don't own any electric stuff at all. It would be nice if you had the electric motors, batteries and stuff all available in one package.

Oh heck, while we are wishing, why not have a plug and play version !! I am that lazy !

I second that!! I would buy a fully loaded version in an instant! You have my word!

Michael

Old 06-18-2009, 09:08 AM

It's a Baron, Chad. Has been for years...

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'times new roman'; font-size: 16px; "><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="7" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#CCCCCC"> <tbody> <tr bgcolor="#996600"> <td width="37%" valign="top">

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Arial Black, Helvetica Dark, Verdana, Arial">FLIGHT AWARDS</font></p> </td> <td width="23%" valign="top"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Arial Black, Helvetica Dark, Verdana, Arial">SPONSOR</font></td> <td width="19%" valign="top"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Arial Black, Helvetica Dark, Verdana, Arial">WINNER</font></td> <td width="21%" valign="top"> <div align="right"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Arial Black, Helvetica Dark, Verdana, Arial">AIRCRAFT</font></div> </td> </tr> <tr valign="middle" bgcolor="#FFFFCC"> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Best 2-Stroke Performance</font></td> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gerard Enterprises</font></td> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Brian O&rsquo;Meara</font></td> <td> <div align="right"><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">KI-61 Tony</font></div> </td> </tr> <tr valign="middle" bgcolor="#FFCC66"> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Best 4-Stroke Performance</font></td> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Saito Engines</font></td> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dick Konkel</font></td> <td> <div align="right"><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Aeronca</font></div> </td> </tr> <tr valign="middle" bgcolor="#FFFFCC"> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Best Gas Performance</font></td> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jersey Modeler</font></td> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tom Smith</font></td> <td> <div align="right"><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bf-109G6</font></div> </td> </tr> <tr valign="middle" bgcolor="#FFCC66"> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Best Multi Performance</font></td> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kempinski Hotels</font></td> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ramon Torres Sr.</font></td> <td> <div align="right"><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Beech Baron</font></div> </td> </tr> <tr valign="middle" bgcolor="#FFFFCC"> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Best Jet Performance</font></td> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gunner&rsquo;s Mate</font></td> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">David Shulman</font></td> <td> <div align="right"><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">F-100D</font></div> </td> </tr> <tr valign="middle" bgcolor="#FFCC66"> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Highest Total Flight Score</font></td> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">EMS</font></td> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ramon Torres Sr.</font></td> <td><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Beech Baron</font></td> </tr> </tbody></table></span>
ORIGINAL: Chad Veich

Bif,<div>
The Torres airplane is a King Air, or rather a T-44A (I think that's the military designation). The military version of the Baron was the T-42 "Cochise".
Old 06-18-2009, 09:10 AM

Old 06-18-2009, 09:14 AM

Old 06-18-2009, 10:13 AM
My Feedback: (13)

You guys are both right. He had both. I tried to get him to make up a kingair c-90 kit for me but no go. Beautiful machines.</p>
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14694.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1220450  
Old 06-18-2009, 10:54 AM

Thanks fot the update, KingAir.. I NEVER saw Ramon's King Air before! That pic looks like it's from the 80's or so, is it?
Old 06-18-2009, 12:12 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks fot the update, KingAir.. I NEVER saw Ramon's King Air before! That pic looks like it's from the 80's or so, is it?
And I don't recall ever seeing the Baron! Happy to be wrong on this one though, thanks for the info.

The TorresKing Air has been around for a very long time, late '80s or early '90s I would guess. I'm pretty sure Ramon was still flying one at the Scale Masters within the last 4-5 years though.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:30 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Actually the pic came off one of the AMA magazine covers way back when. Yes it was in the late 80's. His Baron was I beleive the earlier model 55 Baron if memory serves me. He was offering it for sale along withhis T-34, A36 Bonanza's, and his Cessna 337. Either in straight fiberglass fuseor honeycomb construction. Worth every penny as I knew his kits after buying a couple of them. I have a couple of pics of his Baron from his hangar with some close ups somewhere if anyone is interested. He use to advertise in RC Scale magazine when they were still around back then. I've spoken to him on several occasions and a pleasant man to say the least.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.