Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Looking for Super Buccaneer >

Looking for Super Buccaneer

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Looking for Super Buccaneer

Old 06-10-2003, 12:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for Super Buccaneer

A visitor to my web site is trying to locate a giant scale 1930s Super Buccaneer that he built with his dad in the 1970s (see attached photo). His dad, who had possession of the plane, retired to central Florida and eventually sold the plane about four years ago. The gentleman who bought the plane then sold it at a local (I assume) flea market. This would have been in the Leesburg area of central Florida (also near The Villages of Lady Lake and Ocala).

The plane was scratch built over ten years from a three-view plan is supposed to be impeccable in detail and workmanship. It was covered in yellow, has a wing span of 90 and a 4-cycle engine.

My visitor would like to find the owner and make an offer. He was not aware that his dad sold the plane, and his dad has since passed away. If you think you know of this particular plane, please send a note.

Thanks,
Paul
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	85150_37542.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	49979  
Old 06-10-2003, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Super Buccaneer was not a scale model. It was a Berkeley Models kit from ages ago. I had the smaller version powered by a Bantam .19 ignition engine. Great flier--gone long ago. John Pond Plans would have the plans but he died and now the AMA has his complete inventory--getting ready to make them available again some time in the future. Meantime I seem to remember having seen either the plans or a kit advertised in the model magazines. Keep on the lookout. Regards.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:18 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
Post your question in the "Vintage and Antique" section. I'm sure someone can help you.
Jon
Old 06-11-2003, 03:39 PM
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a Super Buccaneer in the size you want.
http://www.benbucklevintage.fsbusine...arger_kits.htm (scroll to bottom)

Ben Buckle Kits are in England but I have bought 6 models from them and there is no problem getting the kits from across the pond.

Don
Old 06-11-2003, 04:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the input. I thought this was a scale model of a real plane. I'll repost it as suggested. Also, in this case, the person I'm doing this for is hoping to find the actual plane he built with his dad. It's a long shot, but the internet is amazing at times.

Thanks,
Paul