Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Ramon Torres KingAir plans

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Ramon Torres KingAir plans

Old 03-24-2002, 11:54 PM
oldtimer143

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ramon Torres KingAir plans

Does anybody out there have a set of Ramon Torres KingAir C90 Plans? I'd be keen to purchase a set or copy of same. Also, does anybody have any experience with this model? How does it fly etc. I've not seen a photo of it and only know of its existence because of some old Scale RCM's I've been browsing through. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Greg

[email protected]
Old 03-27-2002, 06:08 AM
Mike James

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ramon's King Air

Paul Reese and I are building a King Air. (probably the B200, but possibly the C90 B) Look on the "Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD" page for the thread. (Lots of our CAD images there, too.)

Anyway, in this process, I talked to Ramon about his C90 model. He intended to rebuild the fuselage plug, because he found that the drawings he got from Beechcraft had some errors, (below) and destroyed the plug and molds. (!)

He is not involved in kits, plans, or parts for this model at this time, and probably won't be for a long time, if ever.

Also, things have changed with Raytheon, due to both the economy (layoffs) and security issues. It's been very difficult so far to document either the C90 B or the B200 with a feeling of confidence on the accuracy. The drawings that Raytheon sometimes distributes are not drawings of the actual aircraft. They are drawings for a 1/20th scale display model that Beechcraft used to give new aircraft buyers. Their C90 B drawing was made in 1967, and their B200 drawing was made in 1972.

More info on our progress on my web site, below. Here's an image of the B200 CAD model as of today, based on what little information we have so far.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	6913_2519.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	4815  
Old 03-27-2002, 05:17 PM
oldtimer143

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KingAir plans

Thanks Mike for the information. Keep me posted on your plans and I'll look to purchase at least a set of plans when you're finished. I'm also very interested in your Avanti.

Your site looks great and I like your work. Let me know if you need a better instrument panel for the Cessna or indeed any model. I draw those up for a living too! My site is www.horizonsnz.com Look at the "samples" page to find your C182 panel.

Cheers,
Greg
Old 03-27-2002, 08:32 PM
Mike James

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scale stuff

Cool Greg. Thanks!