Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Main Gear Great Planes Cessna 182 >

Main Gear Great Planes Cessna 182

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Main Gear Great Planes Cessna 182

Old 06-16-2003, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Main Gear Great Planes Cessna 182

I have six or so flights on a GP Cessna 182 .40 size ARF and am seeking some information regarding the main gear on the aircraft. The airplane weighs 6lbs-9 oz, a little over what GP says it will come out at. The problem is that the main landing splays out. This not only looks terrible, especially for a scale aircraft, but also causes the aircraft to assume a slightly nose up attitude on roll out and also takes weight off of the nose wheel. Has any one else experienced this with this aircraft and how did you fix it?

There have been several post regarding this aircraft and I thought one of them also mentioned this same problem. And that he had made a modification to fix it. I have searched RCU and cannot find the post.

I'm powering it with an OS .45 two cycle and would like to try a three bladded prop and a Tru Turn spinner. Does anyone have any experience with this engine and an appropriate sized three bladed prop.

Thanks for your help