Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Scale documentation.....1976 Model Airplane News Stinson SR10 >

Scale documentation.....1976 Model Airplane News Stinson SR10

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Scale documentation.....1976 Model Airplane News Stinson SR10

Old 06-20-2003, 01:36 AM
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scale documentation.....1976 Model Airplane News Stinson SR10

Anyone know where I can find the scale documentation on the Stinson Reliant NC 21135 found in the Virginia Aviation Museum. I think it was featured in a Model Airplane News article in 1976....anyone have a copy?
thanks
Old 06-23-2003, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SR-10 Documentation

Typically museums and restoration facilities are quick to comply with requests for documentation on aircraft in their trust. Have you "telephoned" the VAM and spoken to the facility manager? After speaking to them person to person you can continue to communicate by email.... I suggest telephoning them before you try to email them.

Most of the time, if a contribution is made to the museum... they are glad to use a single use camera to take photos of subjects in their inventory. When I say photos, that is a single use camera with a flash after you determine which of those will provide the best images at a distance of lets say ten feet from the surface.

I say ten feet because you will want shots of the AA logo and the lightning bolts along the sides of the fuselage as well as airframe numbers, etc. When you test a camera, photograph an airplane inside a hangar (Note the SR-10 at VAM can be walked around because its in the middle of the hangar (top photo).

When you send the camera be sure to explain to them you need a walkaround sequence of shots. Imagine looking down on the airplane from above. Imagine the prop being positioned at 12 and the rudder at 6. Ask them to shoot the entire plane at positions from 1 through 12... then close-ups.

Considering the VAM SR-10 is painted in American Airlines livery, that opens this to the second tier of documentation... AA would be proud to see someone replicating one of their hacks. Hacks were used to ferry flight crews around the AA system. Heck, you even have the registration number for their SR (Serial #5903). It was also used for non-stop pick-up of mail...
http://www.stinsonreliant.com/images...NSON_PLANS.JPG

5900 series instrument panel. This is what the last of the SR-10 panels looked like. These were the last planes built before the war and there were many differences from the early SR-10. these were built in 1940 and 1941. They had a serial number starting with 59.

There are several books available on Stinson Reliants. Zenith and Historic Aviation are both online. Then you could use ScaleAero's documentation resource Doc-U-Link section and find ton's of data on the internet... :^)

Take five minutes to look on the web and I think you'll be pleased with what you find.

Are you sure that SR is a 10G? The type certificates for the SR do not list a "G".

http://www.stinsonreliant.com/type_certificates/

Stinson logo:
http://www.stinsonreliant.com/images..._AND_WHITE.JPG

Good luck with the museum shooting photos for you. Most will when asked and a gift is contributed...
Old 06-24-2003, 01:48 AM
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scale documentation.....1976 Model Airplane News Stinson SR10

WOW. Thanks for that info....I'll persue it.