Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Top Flight Kits >

Top Flight Kits

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Top Flight Kits

Old 06-20-2003, 11:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Top Flight Kits

I'm interested in the Top Flight Gold Edition Cesna 182 and the Sea Fury. I am seeking any information possible good or bad concerning these two kits. All information is welcome ex: kit quality, flaws, specific engine size to use, flight caracteristics, customer satisfaction/disatisfaction, cockpit options, flap options, nav. light kit... If you have one of these, do you like it, would you do anything differently...

Thanks in advance for all information.

Thank you.
Hornet1
Old 06-21-2003, 01:04 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Top Flight Kits

Use the search function on each of these airplanes, you'll have much more information this way, specially on the 182. Danny Maia from Portugal built a fantastic one not too long ago and has a bunch of pictures, do a search for his name.
Old 06-21-2003, 01:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default TF 182

Check out http://home.san.rr.com/aircor
:thumbup:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	88098_2292.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	51189  
Old 06-22-2003, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flight Kits

The skylane flys great! Mine has ram nav , strobe, and landing lights. The only problem is this plane like a warbird meaning some power on and full flap. Do not chop powerr until you begin the flair or the nose wheel hits first and the plane does a crazy dance. Other than that it is great. If I didnt have all those lights and extra Batt wt. It may land easier. I dont knoe what Danny did on his. Mine is due for a recover as its been flying 7 years. May glass it and go all out as Danny did.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flight Kits

Hi everyone.
First of all thanks a lot for all the kind coments on my Cessna.
It really is a fantastic plane. Very, very beautiful and scale. Mine has all the lights as the real one: position lights on the wing tips and tail cone, strobe light, landing lights and strobe lights. It has the Robart front landing gear and also have a lot of other scale details. It takes a lot of time to built but the finished job is a "piece of art".
I must say that mine doesnīt even compares with the one that Paul Reese (SDCrashmaster) built, because his plane is really good and you canīt find anything that makes it looks different than the real one, and he helped me a lot.
It flies very good and scale like, and I decided for an OS 120 III to power it. I love this plane.
I could talk about this plane for all day but I give you my homepage and you can ask me all the questions by mail. My page also have a lot of pics with comments of my cessna.

www.danymaia.no.sapo.pt

Good luck:
Daniel Maia