Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
 True to scale .60 size royal corsair >

True to scale .60 size royal corsair

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

True to scale .60 size royal corsair

Old 06-07-2010, 01:28 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: True to scale .60 size royal corsair

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

ORIGINAL: I-fly-any-and-all

dang it look at this, a cockpit kit for the .60 sized corsair! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160435564601
I set my high bid at $35 thinking sure I'll get it who's going to go that high, seller cheated me out of it and used a fake account to bid a penny higher so I wouldn;t win and used same account on 6 other auctions ending that day,one wasa new ikn box royal zero .60 size and the cheater bid a dollar more than the bidder because they didn't feel the selling price was high enough. I got a hold of flea bay customer service and they got their foot up the sellers behind.
I don't see how you jumped to that conclusion, the winner only had one bid in the last 30 days,, that item. If it was just a shill account why so many positive feedbacks..
I'm pretty sure you just go out bid incrementally up to $.01 more than your max. Someone wanted it more

Also,
The cowls were/are ''Spun'', not machined or pressed. The same way metal bowls, Cymbals, etc. are made.

I came to that conclusion because it was obvious fraud. I'll explain. I set my max bid at $35.00 but durng the aution while active, it displayed as 21.50. Only the Seller and person whom placed said bid this includes max bid that is set as a ball parkmfigure by me the bidder and is the max I am willing to pay no one else knows this unless the seller or person bidding notifies someone and says hey harry sachz I just bid 21.50 and set my max bid that I am willing to go at $35.00.
Just a bit ticked off and further more to prove its fraud the seller and winner have not left each other feed back and anyone can go and make an msn hotmail, yahoo mail, google mail, aol mail, etc... email account and sign up for Ebay because you dont need a Credit Card unless you are ding paypal.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:31 PM

spun would be spinning a sheet of aluminum on a lathe and using some tool... dunno maybe a fulcrum lever if such a thing exists to bend it back but then how is it that the cutting bit you use doesnt simply cut the cowl. I'll ask the seller if he is willing to elaborate on the process.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: I-fly-any-and-all

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

dang it look at this, a cockpit kit for the .60 sized corsair! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160435564601
I

Also,
The cowls were/are ''Spun'', not machined or pressed. The same way metal bowls, Cymbals, etc. are made.

I came to that conclusion because it was obvious fraud. I'll explain. I set my max bid at $35.00 but durng the aution while active, it displayed as 21.50. Only the Seller and person whom placed said bid this includes max bid that is set as a ball parkmfigure by me the bidder and is the max I am willing to pay no one else knows this unless the seller or person bidding notifies someone and says hey harry sachz I just bid 21.50 and set my max bid that I am willing to go at $35.00.
Just a bit ticked off and further more to prove its fraud the seller and winner have not left each other feed back and anyone can go and make an msn hotmail, yahoo mail, google mail, aol mail, etc... email account and sign up for Ebay because you dont need a Credit Card unless you are ding paypal.
actually that is how Ebay works. even though you posted $35.00, Ebay will only use what the current high bid is.....meaning that someone probably had a high bid of $21.00 already, so Ebay automatically bumps it to put you in high spot. if someone was to then bid $25.00, then your high bid would automatically jump his by the next amount it needs to.
so what happened to you was that in the last few seconds, another bidder put up a higher bid than yours and thus the Ebay system upped the bid for him just enough to declare him the winner. he could have bid $200.00, but the system won't use more than what is needed to give them the win. no fraud.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:19 PM
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: WhiteRook

they sometimes call them spun cowls , but i dont know what that means.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGszBVy3cgU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um-bi...eature=related
Old 06-07-2010, 09:47 PM

The seller or anyone else doesn't know your max bid until the point it has been out bid,,, and if it sells for under your max bid then no one, including the seller, will ever know what you max bid was.
The seller may have already left feedback on that item, you have no way of knowing who the buyer is at this point, if and when he leaves feedback for the seller you can figure that out then

Sorry to derail your build thread, but accusing someone of fraud is serious,, You just got out bid,
Old 06-08-2010, 02:42 PM

yea oh well.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only bid on ebay auctions in the last 10 to 15 seconds.

It's often called 'sniping,' and it works very well when other bidders are indecisive about putting in their actual maximum bid.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rmantoo

I only bid on ebay auctions in the last 10 to 15 seconds.

It's often called 'sniping,' and it works very well when other bidders are indecisive about putting in their actual maximum bid.
you you big frauder.....that's the way to do it if you really want something.
i do it all the time, and i've had it done to me...............lol
Old 06-08-2010, 03:41 PM

ok enough guys
thanks
Old 06-23-2010, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spun cowls are a wonderful relic of a bygone era!  <div>
</div><div>Thanks for the alert about that resource, hey man it is very cool that you're trying this build.</div>
Old 06-23-2010, 11:34 PM

sure is but for now my build is on hold as I have a new job which takes up my free time.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:09 AM

just to follow up,,, here is your buyer
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rid=tekkaman21
Old 06-24-2010, 08:54 AM

I am aware of that. I asked him if he would sell it and said he is using it for his own build.
I wanted it so I could duplicate it and sell it to those interested just as (Luke Zollner) dionysus-bacchus had done in the past before he with drew from rcu.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:44 PM

Project is on hold as I bought a Royal cesna 310 built, with air retracts (scale gear doors), two new o.s. .40 SF engines, servo's, scale flaps.
Have to gut it! the plywood for the bell cranks was barely tacked in place with CA, the flap hinges ahve to be re-done and some sheeting in the center of the wing is weak.
I bought it from a guy who bought it to sell it.
I use to fly with the builder and he is a great guy. I just have my own way of doing things and want 3/4 ounce glass cloth with finishinbg resin instead of ultra cote.
Look at the one picture with my hand where there is a little rod, it appears that each aileron has one on each end as for "scale hinging" only two pins one on each end.
Also I noticed this was the early royal cessna 310, I plan on buying the updated scale plans and modifying this bird.
Poor thing isn't even maidened and I'm reconstructing it!
Forgot to mention the leading edge was never cut away to accomodate for big fuel tanks, this is shown on newer plans.
Will post link to new forum
heres link http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10154967