RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Scale Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/)
-   -   Worst DrI replica on earth (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/10700371-worst-dri-replica-earth.html)

abufletcher 09-03-2011 08:08 PM

Worst DrI replica on earth

And for only $21,000 (plus $4,000 in shipping).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FokkerDrI-Fo...item3cbab502e1

Fokker triplane 09-03-2011 08:24 PM

RE: Worst DrI replica on earth

You are right that is an ugly aircraft. But there is someone out there right how with 25 large burning a hole in his pocket. You are being kind by calling it the "worst". Mike

foodstick 09-03-2011 08:36 PM

I love the half in half out of the hangar!..with one wheel on a four foot stack of pallets..

I think he put 1/3 scale wheels on it !

TFF 09-03-2011 08:52 PM

It does have 3 wings. Got to think there is a pilot shop in a mall or a miniature golf course missing its centerpiece. I like the backwards prop.

foodstick 09-03-2011 09:03 PM

Whats the deal with the motor? it almost looks like this thing was a ground prop from a movie...

gabriel voisin 09-04-2011 01:03 AM

Uff,

What can you do with that ugly thing?

gabriel

Teus 09-04-2011 01:50 AM

"It" is not even worth the name replica! It looks more like a bad copy of a Chinese toy.

ARUP 09-04-2011 03:12 AM

It does look like a copy of a chinese toy! Look at the center section of this Arizona arf Drl vs that thing's- they are made the same. I really like (not) the reverse rotation 'engine' by the looks of the propellor! I think I could build one from carboard for half the price- any takers? hahahahahaha!

TKFOKKER 09-04-2011 05:45 AM

How could anyone actually spend their time to build such a peice of CRAP. 21,500.00 You kidding me, maybe a lawn orniment at a resturant for 2000.00
TK

invertmast 09-04-2011 07:19 AM

And hear i had always thought the germans made great quality stuff. Just goes to prove, their are people who do things half way in every country..

cocobear 09-04-2011 08:03 AM

Hey TK, he finished his:-)

abufletcher 09-04-2011 08:42 AM

Even the text is a disaster:

"Advantage of this particular aircraft is the relatively small size, which allows this beautiful "antique" aircraft in confined spaces and also to be established in many places no one can believe."

"Even unexperienced persons can assemble the plane itself."

"We are even able to impregnate the aircraft to fire-resistant up to certain limits. Ask this on."

"So you can beat it and / or scratch..."

"There is no statutory right of withdrawal is not because the planes are individually made / equipped and the costs for sending overseas are to high and the profit is to low. On the other hand we don't want let pay the other customers for you. But our account with much over 1000 sellings can show you that we are extremely serious."

frets24 09-04-2011 08:53 AM

So is this supposed to be a full scale rc plane or is one supposed to trust their life to it and climb in?
The motor is obviously a prop assembled using coffee cans and a 1/2 threaded rod for the prop shaft.

If it's supposed to be for people it looks to still needs $10,000-15,000 in motor, instrumentation, control linkages and cockpit finishing.

There are a few 1:1 kits, complete, that can be purchased, assembled, FAA airworthiness certified and flown for @ $25k which are much more true to scale and without the micky mouse appearance and assembly hardware.

ADDED ON EDIT; Last line in text says it is purely for display mock-up....wow that's an expensive statue!!

DeferredDefect 09-04-2011 09:40 AM

To be honest , I'm willing to bet it was a pet project for a cabinet maker who had wanted to build something "for the gran' keeds"

abufletcher 09-04-2011 09:46 AM

Perhaps most shocking is that they have apparently sold over 1,000 of these things! [X(]

ARUP 09-04-2011 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: cocobear

Hey TK, he finished his:-)
Hahahahaha! Ouch!

destrat 09-04-2011 04:02 PM

Holy Moly!

ZoomZoom-RCU 09-04-2011 04:47 PM

Hmmmm, don't know fellas. Think I might order the "impregnated" version. That way I can count on a whole mess of little DR1's arriving. And, if evolution is all its cracked up to be, they should be a hell of a lot closer to accurate than thier butt-ugly parent!;):D

ZZ.

DeferredDefect 09-04-2011 05:11 PM

Either way, I've just lost all my respect for "German Engineering"...<div>
</div>

Valve floater 09-04-2011 06:28 PM

How are they going to get it out from under the shed? Remove the shed post? Drop in a DLE 222 and see if it will pull it? LOL

OliverJacob 09-04-2011 06:42 PM

Alright, this is embarrassing. I am from Germany and all I can say is that this is just ridiculous. Would not spend more then $100 on this. It might be a nice decoration for an airport or some large backyard, or just good firewood.
The Germans invented lots of great things, this is not one of these.
German beer is really good, the guy who made this had probably too many when he built this...
The original plane looks a lot better than this.
Please accept my apologies ;)
If they can sell this thing, I will quit my job and start building ugly and useless airplanes. Probably will have to drink lots of beer to get the same way...

vertical grimmace 09-04-2011 07:01 PM

Wasn't one of Richtofen's tripes supposed to have been used for firewood at some point? That is all this one is good for. Maybe a good pagan ritual could be established! We could set this on fire, drink a Hefe Weisen, and dance around it singing German songs while it is incinerated.

We could call it "Fokker Fest"

TKFOKKER 09-04-2011 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
WOW David! Nice Dig!
You going to Rhinebeck? Come and see what I built. It's different from what I usually fly.
The D-8 will get finished when the time is right. And the proper materials are avalible, plus the machining of a complete metal dummy engine and Guns. I finally have the fabric linen to cover her. Not that easy Buddy
TK

cocobear 09-04-2011 07:45 PM

Hey I know it. I could here the same thing with my SPAD XIII. I will not be there. What's the top secret project??

gabriel voisin 09-04-2011 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: GraemeEllis

Either way, I've just lost all my respect for "German Engineering"...<div>
</div>

Dear GraemeEllis,</p>

but now it gets personal.</p>

I am sure, he is from Canada and just emigrated.</p>

With the "thing" we send it back to you, I believe it's for your army.</p>

Have fun,...greetings</p>