RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Scale Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/)
-   -   THE BEST P-51D (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/11303084-best-p-51d.html)

HoundDog 12-30-2012 06:03 AM

RE: THE BEST P-51D

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

<span style="font-size: larger;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">U R Right ... Spent 15 minutes filling out the sign up thing and it crapped out ... Ain't got time for all that crap thay can keep their web site ... RCU is bade enough about that crap.</span></span>

ORIGINAL: BobH

You might need to be a member to view the link. I am and had no problems. Fyi it's a V4 nearly completed. Should sound great!

The Mustang in the videos has a Kolm 200 for power. Fastest P-51 in Europe! I spoke with the designer at Toledo last spring. Nice man to talk with.

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">Same crap happened to me 15 minutes into the sign up and wammo ... and I have no place to go and the rest of my life to get there but i still don't need anymore frustration in my life. If things don't work the first time I gota really want it to try again. That just me.</span></span></span>

hrrcflyer 12-30-2012 07:23 AM

Rpat,

I've seen two of the Hanger 9 60 size planes fly. One with a Saito FG20 gas and another one with a DLE20 gas. The problem with the DLE was the guy had to cut out a major part of the cowl for the muffler. There is also a guy at our club with the Aeroworks P51 with a DLE-55, Robart gear and a Keleo scale exhaust system. Personally, I wouldn't use a DLE for a paper weight, but the plane flew very well and the scale exhaust was AWESOME.

Good luck with your decision. :D

David

Chris Nicastro 12-30-2012 09:46 AM

I owned the 60 size H9 for two seasons and had nothing but issues with two different engines in it. One was a TT 91 and the other was an OS 91. Both had fuel problems that I couldnt sort out. They would run on the ground but quit in the air no matter what I did. I increased cooling, changed fuel lines, changed plugs, changed props, adjusted the tank location a little bit, ran 2 and 3 fuel lines, adjusted back pressure, changed fuel, I did everything I could think of and asked others and couldnt solve the riddle why the engines would run hot or rich or whatever, it was a moving target. Never before has one plane given me more engine problems. One day I just handed it over to some guy at the field and said here you go enjoy.
So for my experience the H9 P-51 does fly very well and lands nice but for some reason I had problems I cant explain. Comes in a little hot, has no flaps, and I added Robostruts and Robo wheels. If you dont have issues with the engine then its a great sport 60 size plane. It dead sticks very well I can tell you that with certainty, I greased more landings with that plane than I care to remember. I suspect the tank position in relation to the carb when mounted inverted is way off which is why I couldnt fix it but who knows.

Just get the Aeroworks and a DLE 55RA and you will be up flying sooner with a more complete P-51 than either the H9 or TF.

HoundDog 12-30-2012 01:52 PM

<h3><font size="4"><font color="#800000">Nitro Models P-<font size="4">51 Marie  Saito 125 </font></font></font> <font color="#800000">Keleco Scale Ehaust. Flys and lands great likes to turn left right after take off if you pull it off early, Even with full right rudder. Also have a hanget 9 Blue Nose with a RCGF 20 CC can't even taxi on grass, noses over every time. Have never seen a Blue Nose that flew well.
</font></h3>

rpat 12-31-2012 02:59 AM

Good info guys. That scale exhaust sounds intriguing. I saw one of those exhaust's on a Me 109. It looked very real.

HoundDog 12-31-2012 05:35 AM

ORIGINAL: rpat

Good info guys. That scale exhaust sounds intriguing. I saw one of those exhaust's on a Me 109. It looked very real.
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">Expensive but really dresses up an air plane but the P-51 Keleco arn't really scale they are too short, but still good. Bought mine off RCU for about half price new in the box. Really love RCU</span></span></span>

70sflyer 11-12-2014 06:41 PM

Wow, that is the best ever,where do i order it,Im building a p-51 now.Thanks for that.

Greg Wright 11-15-2014 05:14 AM

http://www.artus-motor.com/en/artus-...info/clear.gifCheck this out!!!!!http://www.artus-motor.com/en/artus-v12-motor/

Ram-bro 11-16-2014 12:43 PM

very cool but it looks like it would be to large and heavy for any of our 1/5th scale models.......at least the ones currently on the market.