RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Scale Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/)
-   -   Will you PLEASE DO A SEARCH????????? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/1958855-will-you-please-do-search.html)

Mustang51 07-03-2004 09:19 PM

Will you PLEASE DO A SEARCH?????????

In their interests...Why do guys NOT DO A SEARCH BEFORE POSTING A THREAD??????????????????????????????????????????
How many times have you read a "new thread" that has been addressed time and time again?
GOD IT"S FRUSTRATING!!!

-Mustang51

BobH 07-03-2004 09:25 PM

RE: Will you PLEASE DO A SEARCH?????????

Easy big guy I feel your frustration though.. See you next weekend at WOD!

Mustang51 07-03-2004 09:46 PM

-Mustang51

ORIGINAL: BobH

Easy big guy I feel your frustration though.. See you next weekend at WOD!
RGR Bob... had a melt down.:D

abufletcher 07-03-2004 10:06 PM

I believe questions have to be refreshed every once in a while. It's good to "search through the archives" ever once in a while but sometimes a question just needs to be asked again in a new way. I've found a number of interesting EIII threads but some of them were more than a year old and the thread was effectively dead.

BTW, this same thing comes up on every online community I've ever participated in (most recently on the Leica forum). It boils don't to a difference in opinion as to whether the forum represents a storehouse of knowledge (a mini-library) or is more akin to a chatroom. Of course it really needs to be both to succeed.

vinnie 07-03-2004 10:12 PM

Because people just like to hear themselves talk. How else do you explain questions like "How much does a gallon of water weigh." Or the 46 responses it generated (last time I checked).

Dig it 07-03-2004 10:49 PM

Seems to me that the thread about people not doing searches keeps popping up... ironic

lbrande 07-03-2004 11:10 PM

Mustang51,

I'm sure that there are many out there like me who search the forums before asking a question. I personally have a loosleaf book with information that I "gleaned" from prior posters, as well as e-mail from current users. Sometimes, however, the framing of the question does not appear when you do your search because of the wording of the question.

Lew B

photoniq 07-04-2004 03:09 AM

Can you tell me what is the best second plane please? :D

Mustang51 07-04-2004 04:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Dig it

Seems to me that the thread about people not doing searches keeps popping up... ironic

Interesting. I've never seen a thread on the matter.

-Mustang51

Mustang51 07-04-2004 04:05 AM

ORIGINAL: photoniq

Can you tell me what is the best second plane please? :D

LOL:D

-Mustang51

CHEETAH AIRCRAFT 07-04-2004 04:20 PM

Ever notice that you get the exact same questions from people that know nothing abuot the hobby (especially when you are out at the field)

- If the motor stops will it keep flying?

-How far away can you fly before you lose range?

-How long will it fly?

-Do the controls stop if the engine quits?

-Is that a special kind of fuel?

-Did you build it yourself?

-How long did it take you to learn how to fly it?

bigchap 07-04-2004 05:35 PM

can anyone tell me how much a gallon of water weighs and what size prop will i have to put on my os40la powered trainer to lift it,by the way are os40la's any good and should i get a vmar product for a second plane?

Cyclic Hardover 07-04-2004 11:12 PM

I thought I had "issues." One reason is they are new and simply do not know how this all works here. Another reason may be simliar to this thread you started which will be buried on page 50 in a week and forgotten about.

ORIGINAL: Mustang51

In their interests...Why do guys NOT DO A SEARCH BEFORE POSTING A THREAD??????????????????????????????????????????
How many times have you read a "new thread" that has been addressed time and time again?
GOD IT"S FRUSTRATING!!!

-Mustang51

Chevelle 07-05-2004 07:07 AM

You've all made good points. There are understandable reasons for folks to ask first before they post but I do have to agree with Mustang on his main point. There are some very lazy people out there. The ones that gets me are similar to "I'm thinking of getting 4*? How does it fly?"

quint-rcu 07-06-2004 08:20 AM

If you will do a search you might find this subject has been posted before... [&:]

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_16...tm.htm#1625576

quint

juvatwad 07-06-2004 08:49 AM

ORIGINAL: quint-rcu

If you will do a search you might find this subject has been posted before... [&:]

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_16...tm.htm#1625576

quint

That was posted in the RC Boats section, so Mustang51's point remains valid. I would never search the R/C boats forum for an answer to my questions regarding scale airplanes.

quint-rcu 07-06-2004 09:03 AM

Relax, it was only in jest....

GRANT ED 07-07-2004 07:18 AM

I agree with the first post. However I always do a search before posting. Then if I dont find the info I'm after I ask the question. I really can't stand it if after all that I still get the response "try a search".

Donnie7 07-07-2004 06:51 PM

Mustang, I agree, Its like cable tv sometimes. But you have the tv guide right in front of you. You clik. See repeats. 10 years ago this discussion would have been a dream. Its all good.

Jeepindog 07-08-2004 12:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Mustang51

GOD IT"S FRUSTRATING!!!

-Mustang51
I searched every open topic on RCU and could not find the answer to your question.:eek:

Lachlan

dionysusbacchus 07-08-2004 06:57 AM

The most annoying thing I have found is stupid threads like this. This is an open forum, you all ask all the questions you want, if you don't want to answer it then don't! I have posted questions at the end of old threads and they never get answered, people think it has all been said and never look at it again. Maybe they have a forum for people that know everything, of course it would be a blank screen, nothing frustrating about that!

Dion

Mustang51 07-08-2004 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: dionysusbacchus

The most annoying thing I have found is stupid threads like this. This is an open forum, you all ask all the questions you want, if you don't want to answer it then don't! I have posted questions at the end of old threads and they never get answered, people think it has all been said and never look at it again. Maybe they have a forum for people that know everything, of course it would be a blank screen, nothing frustrating about that!

Dion
"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt."
Unknown author, but... (sometime A.D.):D

-Mustang51

Shane B 07-08-2004 09:31 PM

This post will be alot of help to new folks, now when they do a search on:

EIII or

If the motor stops will it keep flying?

-How far away can you fly before you lose range?

-How long will it fly?

-Do the controls stop if the engine quits?

-Is that a special kind of fuel?

-Did you build it yourself?

-How long did it take you to learn how to fly it

this will be one of the post that pop up in the search , but realy dont see much help in it, myself i dont mind it all, ,, If you see a post that has been covered and it bothers you just move on to the next one,,,, Just my $.02 ,

Shane

John Sachs 07-09-2004 02:38 PM

I am a repeat offender in this situation. I have used the search engine before but you sometimes don't necesarily get the results you had hoped for. Many of us don't have a bunch of time to scroll through or search for general results. I've asked the question(s) about second planes and good 4-stroke engines before and someone has always answered me.
John

Bob101 07-18-2004 08:15 PM

Part of the problem is some things never show up in search.

RCU cuts off anything below 3 characters and ignores it.

Search for "YS 91" and you get ZERO results.

Now think of all the aircraft/engine/radio designations that are 2 letters 91/8U/T6 and you can see how frustrating it is to search for some topics.