RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Scale Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/)
-   -   Cox Phoenix Ultralight - Gas (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/216194-cox-phoenix-ultralight-gas.html)

MinnSpin 08-02-2002 06:11 PM

Cox Phoenix Ultralight - Gas

Greetings!

Does any one have experience flying a Cox Phoenix Ultralight Gas Pwered Kit? I have two of these, one assembled, one still in the box. I have a .15 OS that fits nice, but am a little hestitant to fly just cause I have no idea what to expect.

Any Input would be welcomed!

Tony A. 08-01-2003 05:39 PM

Phoenix

I don't have any experience flying the Phoenix but I'm looking for one to fill the hole in my Cox R/C airplane collection. Would you consider selling one? I hope to fly one someday. It sure looks cool! Thank you for your time!

All the best,
Tony

arp67 08-19-2003 03:35 AM

Tony: I have a couple of Cox Pheonix Ultralights, one in good condition and one that is slightly damaged and without the pilot figure. If interested, send me a PM.

Cottco: After I acquired my Cox Pheonix Ultralights, I called Cox directly for info on the model. The gentleman told me that one of the reasons they stopped manufacturing it was because it flew poorly....specifically it was not real responsive to control inputs because it uses wing warping and when you combine that with its slow speed, it made it challanging to control. I never flew my models....I bought them for research purposes.

Andrew

xp8103 08-21-2003 02:12 PM

I had one and actually got some flights on it. It was a bear to fly to say the least!
It needed to be hand launched and was VERY tricky. I believe we had an OS .10 or .15 in it.
With the small servos available today ( I flew mine nearly 20 years ago on a World Expert radio), getting the weight down will do nothing but help. It was a b***h to get all tat stuff into the pilot's body.

chrismac29 09-13-2003 12:48 PM

RE: Cox Phoenix Ultralight - Gas

I would really like to buy One of these Kits if anyone has the Phoenix Ultralight and wants to sell. I had one when I was a Kid and it was neat!!!! Please mail, Chris

MinnSpin 09-15-2003 09:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have one of these kits now listed on ebay - item #3145501454 - would be worth checking out of you need one for your collection.

mikerc 09-05-2004 09:31 PM

Does anyone have a Pheonix for sale? Let me know.

hILLVILLE 06-29-2007 10:14 PM

I need help assembling a Cox Phoenix, can anyone help me? Email me at [email protected]

PalmSizeHeliMan 10-28-2009 03:34 PM

Anyone has one of these COX Phoenix ultralights for sale let me know.

skycopter 07-20-2013 03:29 PM

I have one for sale email me [email protected]