RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Scale Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/)
-   -   Regarding Piper Comanche 260 By Keith Humber (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/2650011-regarding-piper-comanche-260-keith-humber.html)

Rinsewood 02-12-2005 01:50 PM

Regarding Piper Comanche 260 By Keith Humber

Hello all you flying people out there

I have a question to you, i am in the start to get a new aircraft, and as i love to build my own craft, i want it to be a scratch build, and i got my eyes on a Keith humber plan, the Piper Comanche 260.

So now to my questions, What is the building skill to be able to complete a plan of his, how do you think that his plane will fly, easy or hard to master, what engine do you think will be okay, i have my thoughts on a 70 4 stroke.

Thanks in advance for your time

yours

Thord Jonsson
Pitea modelflight Club / Sweden
www.pmfk.org

teamscalepilot 02-12-2005 04:57 PM

RE: Regarding Piper Comanche 260 By Keith Humber

How abour a Jack Stafford Comanche ?? Check out there website at the top of the Scale forum...

Rinsewood 02-12-2005 05:43 PM

I have been in touch with them, but he told me that it wasnt possible to build it from the plan, and as i live in Sweden its hard to order a kit all the way here....... as it would cost millions to get it here....

but i thank you for your quick responce... you dont know someone that has seen a plan of Keith. So that person can give an opinion.

Thanks
regards Thord

teamscalepilot 02-12-2005 09:25 PM

Sorry, no I don't..

shonny 02-15-2005 12:19 AM

Hej Thord,
The Keith Humber plans are very basic, and there are better plans.
Contact Mike Smart in England> He has plans made by Ralph Jackson of the 180, and these are very good plans.
The plans are for a bigger model, but can easily be reduced.
Mike has also plans for a 1/6 scale version, but I don't know what they are like. But ask him.
If you phone Mike, don't do it too early in the morning :)

Cheers,
shonny
the mislaid viking

Ah, by the way, I tried to get hold of Jack Stafford stuff, and that ended up in nothing. And according to some at the time, - just as well.

Rinsewood 02-15-2005 07:53 AM

Nice to hear from you, i have written him an email, so i see what he thinks about my questions, thanks for your help.

with kind regards

Thord Jonsson
Pitea modelflight Club / Sweden
www.pmfk.org

gcojulun 02-17-2005 03:55 PM

Thord,
Well, 2 weeks ago my Jack Staford's Piper Comanche arrived, it si a very acurate 1/6 scale!
Maybe you should try that one too. Go to http://jsmodels.com there you will find it.

In the other hand, if you want to make the comanche from ground (Scratch and Build), then you will have to make shure of:
-To have a good detailed plans where you can copy all the pices of the aircraft.
-To have lots of patience
-To have a very well shaped hobby knife
-To watch for the measures of each pice you do

About the building skils, the more experience you have the better, BUT if you don't, anyway do it and you'll learn.
If you need some help contact me in this forum or by e-mail

Regards,
Giovanni Cojulun
[email protected]

shonny 02-17-2005 06:18 PM

Hej igjen Thord,

Starting to rembember now what I was told at the time about the JS one. It's not very accurate scale, hasn't provisions for retracts, and the elevator is different. It is really just 'sport scale'. Okay, it looks more like the real thing than a, - say -, P51 Mustang kit would, but that is not really what you want, is it?

With the plans from Mile Smart you can get a kit cut to the size you want, and it will be scale. Also, the plans show lots of details to help you building.
Har dere 'kit cutters' i Sverige forresten?

Mbh,
Jonn

shonny 02-17-2005 07:43 PM

Thord mate,

have a look at this: [link=http://www.aerotechmodels.com/MOONEY.htm]Mooney[/link]

Okay, it's bigger, but you can get lots of the parts, and they are of very good quality.

Cheers,
Jonn

ntsmith 10-03-2011 12:01 AM

I have ordered the Humber plan as well a two from across the pond (USA) and have the chance of a Jack stafford comanche. Seems I may be spoilt for choice. One of the plans are for the twin - also beautiful and the other is with flaps and retracts. Not sure if the Humber plan will give enough detail to add these very necessary items. Cant wait to find out. I can get a laser cut kit for the Humber one which is why I still have interest in it.
One way or another, one of these is going to be built.