RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Scale Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/)
-   -   Looking for technical drawings of Douglas DC4 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/7249169-looking-technical-drawings-douglas-dc4.html)

Props4ever 03-19-2008 11:04 AM

Looking for technical drawings of Douglas DC4

I'm looking for good workable set of Technical drawings for Douglas DC4M/Northstar, I need to make detailed plans form these drawings for a future project. Let me know if anyone has them. Thanks

Sammy

Props4ever 03-25-2008 03:54 PM

RE: Looking for technical drawings of Douglas DC4

Somebody should have these drawing that he can share with me, DC4 is no secret airplane!

tailskid 03-26-2008 03:17 PM

Over in the electrical area, someone built a DC 4 I believe (E-powered)...

aerowoof 03-26-2008 04:58 PM

take a dc-6 square off the fin and shorten the fuse,viola dc-4.I have plans of the dc-6b and cad project of the dc-7

CoosBayLumber 03-26-2008 07:24 PM

You thinking of the initial (three rudder) version of the DC-4 that got sold to the Japanese?

Wm.

aerowoof 03-27-2008 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
you mean this one

Props4ever 03-29-2008 06:16 PM

ORIGINAL: aerowoof

you mean this one

Actually i was thinking about this DC-4C initially but decided to do DC-4M Northstar instead. If i could find plans no tri-tail DC4 that would be good to do also as it will be a lot loser to my S Connie. John from what i have learned over the years that DC4 is different in many ways then DC6&7, its just not matter of shrinking larger one to smaller one but have different shapes also in the wings, fin and H stabs. I have a book from Larry Milberry on Canadair Northstar but not much in terms of drawings in it but have tons of pictures of all versions though. How did that off scale C130 turned out for you, i was trying to get it also but oh well distance was my major problem there. If you have DC6 or 7s plans then i would like to have them also, how are they? plus how much do you want to get me copies of them for.

Regards,
Sammy

Mike Emilio 04-02-2008 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: aerowoof

you mean this one
Had these on my machine, DC4e pics. Thought I'd throw'em in as well.
Very nostalgic looking with the tri-tail.

F3A1 04-02-2008 10:13 PM

Sammy,

I have a Northstar maintainace and erection manual. I will dig it out and see what it has for three view and drawings.

Lex

Props4ever 04-03-2008 11:05 AM

ORIGINAL: F3A1

Sammy,

I have a Northstar maintainace and erection manual. I will dig it out and see what it has for three view and drawings.

Lex
Hey Lex,

That would be just super if you can spare time to help me with the drawings and 3 views on Northstar, i'll be waiting patiently for you. You can also email me at: [email protected] .

Regards

Props4ever 04-14-2008 08:37 PM

I appreciate all the help provided by few on here, thanks guys but i still need fuselage cross-section drawings. These are important to do correct and true to scale plans.

Is there any book that i can get that would have all of the specifications and drawings, Larry Millberry''s book is good for pictures for the most part but not for the drawings.

Mike Emilio 05-19-2008 06:38 PM

At the bottom of the screen.

Plans Available:
DC-4, C54, North Star, Skymaster

http://www.cmsmithplans.com/html/catalog.html

Has a supplement sheet for the North Star nacelles

Hustler58 05-19-2008 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have these. If you can use them e-mail me and I will send them to you. Butch [email protected]

Mike Emilio 05-19-2008 07:55 PM

Props4ever 05-21-2008 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Mike Emilio

At the bottom of the screen.

Plans Available:
DC-4, C54, North Star, Skymaster

http://www.cmsmithplans.com/html/catalog.html

Has a supplement sheet for the North Star nacelles

Hey Mike,

I was about to post your sites link on here but you already have, good stuff...for $75 these drawings are hot seller for you and i wish you best of luck on these. If i didn't had you do them now they would have been non existent at this time.

sergio luiz 05-21-2008 05:21 PM

Hi Sammy,

I have this drawings in format AUTOCAD, send e-mail for me, that I send this draings for you .

Sergio Luiz (JOCA)
Brasil

Props4ever 06-26-2008 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: sergio luiz

Hi Sammy,

I have this drawings in format AUTOCAD, send e-mail for me, that I send this draings for you .

Sergio Luiz (JOCA)
Brasil
Hi Sergio,

I am still waiting for these drawings from you, i don't have CAD myself but i know people who have it, so it's not a problem.

I know you have read my PM but you didn't replied back yet.

Cheers.
Sammy

J_Whitney 10-14-2012 12:03 PM

Hi, just found this ancient thread. My father was killed flying a DC-4 and I would like to build a model "in honor" - I have seen the cmsmith website and the drawings look impressive - does anyone know of a build thread of one?

Additionally - if anyone has pics of the full size, especially in US Overseas Airways livery from the late '50s I would love to see them, or if you have info on the color/markings from that period.

Thanks,
Jeff

csmith 05-30-2013 02:23 PM

DC4 plans have been transferred to a new website

www.csmithplans.com

Christine Smith
www.csmithplans.com
Giant And Monster Scale Plans