RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Scale Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/)
-   -   New: Beech Baron and Duchess arf (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/8329060-new-beech-baron-duchess-arf.html)

F82FAN 05-10-2009 07:11 PM

RE: New: Beech Baron and Duchess arf

ORIGINAL: Scale Flying

Im so glad you asked about the surface of the moving control surfaces. Yes, they will have the corrugations. I forgot to mention that. Im looking to find a way to remove the exposed control rods on the ailerons and flaps. There are a few ways on the drawing board now, but not sure which way to go. I have the royal baron kit but never got around to building it. How does yours fly? Weight? Wing loading?
These would cure your exposed linkages and they work VERY well.
They make a set for ailerons and for flaps.

http://www.irfmachineworks.com/rds/

Regards

csna182 05-11-2009 02:49 PM

hello,just wondering,if the wings are going to be detachable,,,on wing tubes and tail feathers also for ease of transport,,,,us poor guys dont have nice trailors for our planes we put them in back of the truck or car.and how many servos will it require ?really like what i am seeing so far please let us know a shipping date,got to get rid of a few toys ,got to get one of yours,lol thanks art

csna182 05-11-2009 04:08 PM

one more thing, any thoughts of a aerocommander shrike,like the one bob hoover flew,since your building twins? just a thought, dont want to change the subject of this very good thread,,art

woodburner 05-11-2009 04:17 PM

The wing is a 3-piece design, being the center section, and two outer panels held by Allen screws.

TexasAirBoss 05-12-2009 07:15 PM

Hey Scale,

Love the Baron. Looks super. I would prefer one of the older, more nostalgic paint shcemes. Beech always loved brown and cream with some other highlight color. Looks regal.

And since I don't own any electric stuff at all. It would be nice if you had the electric motors, batteries and stuff all available in one package.

Oh heck, while we are wishing, why not have a plug and play version !! I am that lazy !

csna182 05-18-2009 02:51 PM

hello again, any word on a release date for the baron? please let us know thanks

Scale Flying 05-18-2009 03:07 PM

Just got back from the factory and had made my final changes to the model. One of which are the hidden aileron and flap hinges. The wing is updated no to 75" and has been massaged to allow for better lift. Nose gear door retract system will now be incorporated, New fuselage will have carbon reinforcments and has shed a bit of weight as well. All changes have been made and expect to see these kits in around late spring early summer. Sorry for the delay but I just wantto make sure the final
product is not rushed. Not cutting any corners here. Thank you all for your patience.

Scale Flying 05-18-2009 03:10 PM

As far as the aerocommander... love the airplane and is on the list, but there are a few ahead of that. Working on the King Air B200, and will probably get back to a single engine bonanza, not sure if it will be a v tail or conventional yet. Dash - 8 is also in planning stages.

kingair41 05-18-2009 05:04 PM

Looks like I'm gonna have to clear out the hangar a bit to make room for some new wings.

sj3cub 05-20-2009 01:56 PM

Can't wait to see the final product. I am definatley planning on a Baron myself. Scale, I don't know how big your business is, but do you plan on selling to distributors, or just selling from your current website? Did you decide on final colors/scheme yet?</p>

Regards,</p>

Scott </p>

csna182 05-20-2009 01:57 PM

yes i agree king air out with the old and in with the new

Scale Flying 05-20-2009 02:41 PM

I don't have anything set up for distributors. To be quite honest, im trying my best to keep the price as low as I can and still make some $$. For distributors and retailers I will try to build in some % there. I don't want the price to get too high but really want to make sure that people get as much scale in the kit without having to charge people for the extras. Im planning on including the cockpits, scale gear, lights etc.. I would just hate to see someone purchase the kit and not be able to afford the scale landing gear. I wont mention any brands but sometimes you wind up having to spend $350 or more for the gear and retract set. I have done this with all my personal kits and it hurts sometimes to spend that amount. I would hate to see someone post pics of their build with wire gear beacuse they didnt have enough money to get the scale set up.

Colors. If people would like to post what they think would make a paint scheme, please do so. Im looking for two... one of a more classic style, and the other of a more modern style.
I would like to offer 3 options to people. 1. just white gel coat 2. classic 3, modern.

Oh, by the way,, the new doors, which will be with working hingeswill be made from carbon fiber.

sj3cub 05-20-2009 04:43 PM

Scale, Thanks for the info on your business plan. I admire your mission to get such a nice scale model out  to us that will not cost an arm and a leg and still provide the landing gear and other scale accessories..  I myself can't wait to purchase/assemble and fly one of your Barrons and I know there will be many others that will appreciate it as well. I wish you continued good luck. If its even as half as nice as my TF Cessna 310 I know that I will love it.</p>

Regards,</p>

Scott  </p>

rrendon 05-29-2009 11:38 AM

Scale,</p>

seems like I have to make room form some real scale planes in my hobby room!!!! </p>

Just to be sure these plane will work just fone with glow engines right??</p>

Thanks,</p>

Roberto</p>

Scale Flying 05-29-2009 01:15 PM

It will be set up for gas or electric. The ARF will come with elect. mounts as well as glow mounts and gas tank.
I will post a video up of the very rough baron taxi tests. Please remember that this is just the prototype and has no scale markings or details but will give you guys an
idea on the start of this project. Later on I will update and post some better vids and production models as well. So when watching, please keep in mind that this is just
OURROUGHPROTOTYPE, designed only for test flying.

rrendon 05-29-2009 06:33 PM

Ok, great!!!</p>

already interested in it and the other planes you mention in latest post.</p>

Keep us posted on the new thing you do on these and  all your comming planes!! </p>

Can you give me a address of the comming Heli forums? (Blue thunder prefer)</p>

Good luck and thanks</p>

Roberto</p>

Scale Flying 05-29-2009 09:20 PM

Early development video of the baron 58 on the ground. Actual flight pics and video..... " COMMING SOON "

http://www.rcaerodyne.com/baron58-1.htm

RodanAZ 05-29-2009 09:25 PM

Looking good! [8D]

SunShyne 05-30-2009 03:21 PM

simply gorgeous!

sj3cub 05-30-2009 04:24 PM

You are doing a wonderful job. The Baron lines look pretty good.

Scale Flying 05-30-2009 11:36 PM

Appreciate all your support. Im a newbie in the business so all your advice is well taken. Thank you! Will continue to update you guys.

TexasAirBoss 05-30-2009 11:40 PM

Nice Job ! I hope you sell a million of them !!!

victorzamora 05-31-2009 12:16 PM

I love that plane!!  I looked for it all over the Twin/Multi Engine Forum.  I'm SOOO excited about it.  I've never flown a Twin, so would this plane be a bad first twin?  How hard is it to fly?  And will you consider this for your scheme?  We had a B55 painted in this scheme (minus the wingtip patterns).

http://robertreece.com/db1/00031/rob...8main_full.jpg

woodburner 05-31-2009 12:25 PM

Boys! Cliff has some REALLY great news for you!!  But I'll wait till he posts !! ;)

victorzamora 05-31-2009 12:25 PM

Oh, and if you had an option for brakes it'd be great.  I can just imagine sitting at the threshold, brakes on, engines revved up....letting the brakes come off and it roaring across the runway.  I fly off of a grass runway, which seems less than scale....but my Dad and I used to fly to a Marina with a grass strip, so it'll be really nostalgic for us.  I love Barons, as I'm sure so many others do.  Great choice in planes to model!