RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Scale Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/)
-   -   Krier Kraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/93333-krier-kraft.html)

solarvolt 04-02-2002 01:06 AM

Krier Kraft

I'm interested in building a 1/4 scale version of the above. Should have a 71" span and about a 59" length. Would anyone know where I might get ahold of a good 3-view drawing and or photo?
Many thanks, Jim

Chad Veich 04-02-2002 03:28 AM

Krier Kraft

I think I can supply the drawing but you may want to check the last issue of RCM. I think they did a constuction article on the bird although I'm not sure of the scale. I'll see what I've got, Chad.

solarvolt 04-03-2002 02:40 AM

Krier Kraft

Thanks fo help. Let me know what you find. The one that was in RCM was an off-scale size....55" span. I just might take off for Kansas and check it out myself at the museum, and get some good mesurements and pictures. :cool: Jim

Chad Veich 04-04-2002 09:26 PM

Krier Kraft

Jim, so far all I've come up with is a construction article on the Whitehead 1/5 scale bird in a British scale mag. Same one that ran in RCM I'm sure. I know I've seen drawings for this bird. If I can dig 'em up you'll be the first to know. Best of luck, Chad.

monocoupe 04-06-2002 07:01 AM

70" Krier Kraft

Hey Jim, Model Builder magazine published a 70" Krier Kraft some years ago, and I believe these plans are still available through Bill Northrop's Plan Service. You can reach him at: (702) 896-2162
Good choice...and good luck!
Regards, Nigel

solarvolt 04-19-2002 12:49 AM

What A Beauty!!

Well, I went and did it....I took a little trip to Ashland, KS., and saw the real thing at the Pioneer-Krier Museum. I took many pictures and took all kinds of measurements, and am just now starting to draw some 3-views! That plane is one the best looking planes I've ever seen. One thing though....I'm not sure whether to power it via I/C or electrics.....maybe I'll do BOTH!! :D
As you can tell...I'm just a little excited!! Jim

MalcolmL 05-03-2002 05:16 PM

Krier Kraft

Are you intending to sell the 3-view when it's complete ? Also, are you interested in selling me a set of your pics ? MalcolmL

solarvolt 05-03-2002 08:55 PM

Krier Kraft

MacolmL,

Haven't even thought about that, but I'll keep you in mind. The ink hasn't even dried yet! ;) Jim

MalcolmL 05-04-2002 05:55 AM

Krier

Thanks. Put me on your list. I have the Gordon Whitehead plan and have been considering upsizing it, but lack of documentation has put it on the back burner. MalcolmL

Skybouncer 11-23-2002 09:29 PM

Krier Kraft

If anyone is interested in a kit or purchasing mold of this 1/4 scale kit please reply ASAP!

MalcolmL 12-03-2002 05:01 AM

Krier

Zebra - has the ink dried yet on your plans production ?!? How have you got on with your plans ?

Also, can I interest you in selling me a set of those pics you took of the Krier ?

At least, would you consider posting a pic on RCU ? Please, pretty please ! MalcolmL

solarvolt 12-03-2002 01:21 PM

Krier Kraft

MalcolmL,

Sent you a PM.

Regard, Jim

jlkonn 05-04-2007 06:44 AM

RE: Krier Kraft

Hey Ronnie,
I was going WAY back in RCU and saw you once mentioned a 1/4 scale kit of the Krier Kraft.
Do you still have them?
Thanks!
John L. Konneker

MalcolmL 05-04-2007 08:45 PM

RE: Krier Kraft

Hi - I'm still interested in a 1/4 scale plan of a Krier Kraft. Have there been any developments ? Is there an accurate plan out there somewhere ? MalcolmL