Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Pt 109

Old 03-12-2020, 08:45 PM
beachsideflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pt 109

I’ve recently acquired a ProBoat PT 109 40 EP. It is 40” in length and has twin screws, the esc as well as the motors are water cooled, at least they’re supossed to be but there is no water flowing thru ether one from the rudder ram pickups.
I have carefully shot compressed air thru the cooling system of both the motors coil cooling loops and the esc and all seems clear with no clogs. Even at full throttle, no water exits the side mounted dump ports. Has anyone come up with a solution for this ?
I’m not very experienced running R/C boats, more into planes but this model is really detailed and I dig it! Also is there a way besides repowering it to make it a little faster? It is running on two 7.2 Venom 3300 NiMH packs. Thanks, Phill.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:15 AM
rgburrill

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Go to a higher pitch prop. But you do need to get that cooling figured out because a higher pitch prop will put more load on the ESC and motor. Perhaps your pickup lines aren't installed correctly.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:13 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Something isn't routed right. Can you post some pictures of the bottom, both inside and out, so we can take a look