Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

48" mono build

Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

48" mono build

Old 05-28-2011, 05:18 AM
werdonmorris
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 48

PS, Lee, Spray paint the new home made cooling can flat black-it will help get rid of excess heat as well!!

Butch
Old 05-28-2011, 05:25 AM
werdonmorris
My Feedback: (7)

Lee, I am a pack rat when it comes to tools. I always buy two of everything, and by accident I bought a extra bench top jig saw, and band saw. You are more then welcome to them, just pay me the required funds to ship them to you. They work great, and both have new blades in them, they are used, but a good quality electric saws. Let me know if you decide to do it, or not.

Butch, slowly but surely working on my boat. Working slow, but producing great results fast!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:38 PM
leebart121

thanks butch. I will tell my wife hi for you. I had a deal with my friends son because he had access to the tools and wood thru school and I told him I would trade a motor and a few other parts that I have extra of for him to cut me out a boat. What a slaker he was this year!!! His dad is so upset at him because he did not even finish one of his other projects that he started this year!!!

I wish I could afford to have the band saw shipped out! My money now a days seems to be getting tighter and tighter and has to be streched farther and farther. Let me know what it would cost and then I will see what I might be able to do.
Man you got to hate unexpected things!!!

I will have to try the can cooling head idea!! I was thinking about some thing like that! We eat a lot of canned food durring the winter and I try to save some for my shed to store bolts and stuff like that in as our can opener cuts the seal on the can so that you can put it back on if you do not use it all at once!.

Thanks again Butch for your great comments and Friendship. I will send you an email.

Lee
Old 06-02-2011, 08:03 PM
leebart121

Had a great weekend. Got to go to my first NAMBA race. It was even the first race of the seasson for the local district!
Got me wanting to get a boat started soon. Wish that my budy and his son could have meet up with my son and I at the lake to watch so that the teenager would get a better fire under his butt to get the boats cut out first thing next August!!!
All in all it was fun and my boy loved it and kept asking when we were going to have one of out own so he could play with dady
Old 06-03-2011, 06:01 AM
Rich404

ORIGINAL: leebart121

All in all it was fun and my boy loved it and kept asking when we were going to have one of out own so he could play with dady
Hi Lee, Why not buy him an inexpensive RTR so that you two can at least run together. A $50 e-bay job could do the trick until a better boat comes along.

-Rich.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Rich404

Hi Lee,

This is a fun boat that is very inexpensive. It is RTR and comes with everything you need to sail it. I know that if you spent $100 or more you can find a better one but the point is that if you are on a serious budget this will do the trick and it only cost 50 bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/30-RC-SYMA-Centu...item2311470bea

Regards,

-Rich.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:49 PM
leebart121

Rich,

Thanks for the info. I need to build a boat first for myself then when my son is older he can join in. If anything I will pick up a very cheap second hand TOY boat, that is very very slow, for him to use as he is still very young .
When I said that He asked when we would have one so he could play with daddy, I mean he is only almost 4 but loves rc stuff. He got his first rc car when he was 1. The car was fully functional and I was kind of jealous as when I was his age that would have been a car that only adults could play with but this one is built for kids and the remote is a steering wheel that when you turn it like you are driving it turns the wheels on the rc car. and there are only three buttons to push on it as well, forwards, reverse, and the horn! Beep Beep. he is getting really good at it and I am looking at getting a new charger for an old rc I had that has the double joysticks to see if he can control that one as well as the one he already has.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:15 PM
leebart121

Been toying with the thought of making 2 boats and turning one into a jet boat. Just talked with a guy in NC that built a drive himself and he walked me throu the process and I think I can make one as well. I will be making some changes to it and such.
I just need to wait for my buddies kid to get back to work so he can cut all the stuff out for us and we can get going.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:48 PM
rc boat freak

lee this is wes from nc.thought it was time to sign up and check out all great stuff here on rcu .im called the rc boat freak. ill be sending you some photos in a little while. it may take me some time to get my page in order but i need to do it lots of great builds out there once i find the file of all the boats i built i try to figuar out how to put them on my page.once again thats rc boat freak. thanks
Old 09-19-2011, 06:12 PM
leebart121

good to hear from you Wes. Welcome to RCU. I hope to see some of your builds soon.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:51 AM
rc boat freak

have some of my builds on rcu page under rc boat freak .think i have some of the stuff you might need. as for cooling the motor if it seats high enough in the hull were it can get some air or a little wind you wont have to mess with makeing a head but it would be fun to make one . ill try to send you some goodies when i drop that pump off to highest bidder.so shoot me yor adress later. by the way my first head cooling build back in the day i used a aluminum water bottlel for the cooling you can get them dirt cheep in all diffrent sizes and colors and there thicker than a soup can and will dissperse heat faster .hope this helps alittle .
Old 03-27-2022, 07:00 PM
leebart121

Default Time flies

I am still working at building a boat
​boat but my family has taken a higher priority.
I did pick up 3 toy boats that me and my boys have played around with.
One is quite fast now that we changed the props on it.
I keep picking up things here and there for my rc builds and like to mess around with them.
Old 04-14-2022, 03:01 PM
sultanxuae

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do you have pic