Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Dumas Scarab Railings

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Dumas Scarab Railings

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 09:27 PM
timjz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumas Scarab Railings

Hi guys, not sure if this is the correct forum for this but here goes. I recently bought a Dumas Scarab 45 off eBay, hull only, no instructions. I ordered the deck rail kit from Dumas for it & it showed up today. Anyone know how to attach it to the boat? Does anyone still have their instructions for this? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Tim
Old 03-31-2010, 12:35 AM
TruckCrazy

Default RE: Dumas Scarab Railings

hey dont know why no ones relied to this, looked around for ya on the net hoping to find ya some free plans and no luck, ur best bet is to order them from dumas, chances of running into someone with them instructions are slim, think i seen the instructions on there site for like 8 bucks something like that, if u ask me thats ur best bet, but i dont think id classafie that as a scale boat , that would be more for racing, try the other forums u may get lucky, happy sailing.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:55 AM
timjz

I called Dumas, they have nothing left for these boats.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:43 PM
befu
My Feedback: (2)

I had the 38kv, 55" scarab years ago. The railings on that were stainless steel. top wire ran full length, small legs sodlered to it. You drilled the appropriate size hole (1/8"?) in the deck, then dropped the railings into place (real fun getting them all to line up). After spacing it properly from the deck (I used some shims), you glue them in. A dab of epoxy on the backside also really helped.

Good luck.

You going gas or electric?

Brian