RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Scale Boating (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-boating-103/)
-   -   Aerokits RAF fire boat/crash tender (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-boating-103/2413026-aerokits-raf-fire-boat-crash-tender.html)

xiionn 12-08-2004 09:19 AM

Aerokits RAF fire boat/crash tender

I have an old aerokits crash tender, 34" version. I am trying to rebuild it, it has a lot of fittings and peices missing. I cant find a single picture of the original boat!! I know its a Vosper 46' RAF crash/asr/fire float , probably Mark Two. It has twin fire jets, a hydrant, small crane....

Can anyone help me find some pictures of the original, i cant rebuild if i dont know what it looks like!!!

Thanks

Richard

LtDoc 12-08-2004 10:20 AM

RE: Aerokits RAF fire boat/crash tender

Richard,
Try here; http://www.modelboats.co.uk/
They have a 'Research/Plans' section in the forum, quite a few knowledgible people, and one of (if not) the 'best' scale forum in the 'bidniz'...
- 'Doc

xiionn 12-08-2004 11:01 AM

Thanks, ill check it out and post there too!! I cant believe there isnt a single picture on the Net!!! Its like this boat didnt exist! If it didnt exist they wouldnt make a model of it!!!

expat flyer 12-28-2004 06:25 PM

Deans Marine do a kit at 1:24 scale - probably more accurate and detailed than the classic old Aerokits model at 1:12 or 1:18 scale.

Look at their agents for three pics of their model. http://www.westbourne-model.co.uk/deans-marine.htm

good luck

Jerry

pompebled 12-29-2004 02:25 PM

Try to get a copy of the latest issue of ModelBoat, there's an article with quite a lot of pictures on this boat.

Regards, Jan.

Jcopter 05-12-2006 02:14 PM

Help! - Looking for Instructions for aerokits RAF Crash rescue Tender

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello All
I have an old kit by Vosper Aerokit of a 46' RAF Crash Rescue Tender. I seem to have all the piecies and the plans, but do not have the Instructions. I am hoping that someone has either built this kit, or has one they are going to build and have the instructions they could scan and post, it would help me a lot to see the Instrections.
Thanks in advance
Jack

Pete Harvey 10-29-2006 06:18 PM

Hi

I expect that you have already come across info on these boats, if not the following links might be of interest:

http://www.modelfireboats.co.nr/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/firefloat/

http://pic6.piczo.com/fireboat/

The first is a site dedicated to these boats.

The second is a Yahoo membership club - with all of the plans from the original boats, plus photos as well as the Aerokits model instructions.

The third link is to my own webpage - where I have a lot of content about my own IC powered crash tenders (a 34 inch and a 46 inch version) and a number of other Aerokits boats from the same period. I have videos of all of the boats in action.

regards

Pete

HMS ANTRIM 02-07-2007 11:14 PM

TO. xiionn. I am new member and have plans for 34" crash tender if you are looking for a copy.
get in touch am in Glasgow. cheers ..

HMS ANTRIM 02-07-2007 11:17 PM

To Jcopter. I am new member, I have plans and building instructions for crash tender. If you want a copy of instructions get in touch. I am in UK. cheers.

captin glug 03-29-2007 01:05 PM

hi

i know it has been a long time since the original post but i am also in need of the plans and instructions

if you still have a copy please reply to this

many thanks

roger:)

captin glug 03-29-2007 04:12 PM

Hi Pete

Thanks for the info some very good web sites including yours !!!

cheers

roger

HMS ANTRIM 11-07-2007 05:06 PM

to captain glug from hms antrim 8/11/07

if you are still around reply to post had to get a new PC lost all the stuff from my favourites column just found the forum again. cheers

NITRO_VEEDRIVER 11-18-2007 03:04 AM

ok i wanna cut in here and say this. cause it erks me... i have started a thread all about these kits as i too have one. and now this pops up? why not post this on the thread i have already started? its the unofficial home of raf look for it in isle 2 of this section... thank you.....

HMS ANTRIM 12-17-2007 02:01 AM

To nitro veedriver
YOU NASTY LITTLE MAN, this is the first time I have been on a forum of any kind, with the GOOGLE SEARCH I was doing throwing me up on this page which is why I left my message HERE ON THIS PAGE where the guy was asking for help.

I have not seen or heard of your thread untill now and quite frankly if this is a sample of your obnoxious attitude to new forum members because they have a mind of their own I don`t think I would have wanted to leave my meassage on your thread. [:@]

Jcopter 12-17-2007 02:31 AM

Where Did that come from?
HMS ANTRIM Has replied to something I posted And I believe that he also sent me a copy of the instructions so.....
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Thanks HMS ANTRIM
Jcopter

herrmill 12-17-2007 05:28 AM

Weird... there is a post today over at RCG on the same model.

HMS ANTRIM 12-17-2007 11:27 AM

hi Jcopter.
Thanks for your support, awlays nice to hear from a fellow gentleman modeller..
[sm=wink_smile.gif]

NITRO_VEEDRIVER 12-17-2007 07:49 PM

seems to me noone looks anything up here they just double post on a subject that has already been posted.... try doin a search on the forum next time. and so dang sorry if i sound rude. but geeze . there are enough repeat questions on here that is very not needed.... i am sure the mods are tryin to clean some of those up .... next time search for the subject......

NITRO_VEEDRIVER 12-17-2007 07:50 PM

ORIGINAL: NITRO_VEEDRIVER

seems to me noone looks anything up here they just double post on a subject that has already been posted.... try doin a search on the forum next time. and so dang sorry if i sound rude. but geeze . there are enough repeat questions on here that is very not needed.... i am sure the mods are tryin to clean some of those up .... next time search for the subject......

OH YES ... UMM GEEZE LOOKY WHAT I JUST FOUND.... READ IT.......
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6477702/tm.htm

NITRO_VEEDRIVER 12-17-2007 08:03 PM

ORIGINAL: HMS ANTRIM

To nitro veedriver
YOU NASTY LITTLE MAN, this is the first time I have been on a forum of any kind, with the GOOGLE SEARCH I was doing throwing me up on this page which is why I left my message HERE ON THIS PAGE where the guy was asking for help.

I have not seen or heard of your thread untill now and quite frankly if this is a sample of your obnoxious attitude to new forum members because they have a mind of their own I don`t think I would have wanted to leave my meassage on your thread. [:@]

oh and by the way i wasnt posting to anyone in general so that comment was surely not needed at all. have yourself a great day....

Jcopter 12-17-2007 08:23 PM

It sounded Kinda Rude It seems like U are tryin to steer people to the topic U started, and are mad or something when U do a search Hey thats what the web is about lookin stuff up then U formulat your own opinion. and there are many sites to the fireboat try this one http://www.modelfireboats.co.nr/login Lot of info there! So I did believe that something was up and so did others or we would not have stated so so thanks for not being rude cus it is not needed here
Jcopter
I will be starting My boat in January
Hope others have good luck with there builds
Also... If anyone knows where I can get the plastic windows frames I would be grateful for the Info
Me Again
J

NITRO_VEEDRIVER 12-17-2007 09:05 PM

well sorry to burst another of your bubbles buddy... i already am part of that forum.. was a long time ago. i just dont like seeing double posts on a forum with never ending posts on the same stuff over and over and over again... hence the names of unnofficial home of raf , as well as dumas dauntless , and another one that i am very much a part of is the nitrovee thread....... all i ask is to help out on the threads that are already put into place...... thats why the threads get started as unofficial homes of such and such a boat...... if you read the post you will see that i already am a member on modelfireboats.... look just do me a favor and SEARCH THE FORUMS FOR THE SUBJECTS....... maybe you and many others will surely find the posts pertaining to what you are looking for in the future...... i still aint pointing fingers here . have a great day and i sugest to the mods that this be closed at this point. thank you

Jcopter 12-17-2007 10:13 PM

Nitro I aint got no Bubbles to burst
And I do searches On everything I build That is how U get Your Info
Sorry U Hate Double Posts Its gonna happen reguardless of how U or I may feel
And I go thru every thing and read them But I do not pay Attention to who may post only to what is posted and the contient of the info!!!
So Hey I DO SEARCH
and I am an avid modeler I Not only build boats But Subs, Planes, & Helicopters so I spend a lot of Time Lookin thru the Info on the internet and sometimes I will even print out the Posts so to be sure I get all the Info
And I was only pointing U in the direction of the Fireboat Website Hoping it would help
Thanks For Everything
Jcopter

HMS ANTRIM 12-18-2007 01:54 AM

hi Jc.
I remember something about the building instructions but can`t remember if you got them or not. If you mail me your address I can post off a copy to you after the new year when the christmass mail has subsided.

If you want to have working monitors you could let me know as I got mine direct from germany and saved quite a few $$$.

you could try using copper or brass wire for the window frames. I checked the coy that is
re-releasing the aero kit range but they wont be starting on the cashtender for some time yet.
if I knew how to post a picture I would put some on of crashtender models and also of the real vessel in action but that something else I will have to learn how to do.

...................................cheers[sm=wink_smile.gif]
............................cheers

Jcopter 12-18-2007 02:48 AM

Hey HMS
U sent me the Instructions Thanks!!!!
U got working Monitors? do they require a pump?
I think I will try to make the windows out of Plastistrut maybe a L shape
Hey what is the coy?
But I am lookin for all the small Bits & Piecies
Hey is it wet in Glasgow?
dosen't rain much here But it mite in a dat or two
I would love to see you picturers
Maybe U could to my Email?
Wishing U Well