RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Scale Boating (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-boating-103/)
-   -   post your scale boat pic's here and show them off (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-boating-103/9320192-post-your-scale-boat-pics-here-show-them-off.html)

joe2011 12-10-2009 07:49 PM

post your scale boat pic's here and show them off

1 Attachment(s)
I like all scale boats. and like to see pic's of other peoples boats . i only have a few scale boats right now but will be picking up a few more and have some i am working on
well lets see what got :D
been running gas boat time to slow down for a bit lol

specialk1 12-10-2009 08:46 PM

RE: post your scale boat pic's here and show them off

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: joe2011

I like all scale boats. and like to see pic's of other peoples boats . i only have a few scale boats right now but will be picking up a few more and have some i am working on
here are two that im working on :D

Check6 12-10-2009 09:05 PM

We have some real craftsmen out there. It would be helpful if when you posted the pics of the boats to give a little background. Size, construction wood or glass, name of the boat you modeled, power. etc. This would be good for us newbies to the boating world. Hopefully I'll be able to get my Boothbay Lobster Boat here when I finish it. Keep up the great work!!
Thanks,
Fred Menna Check6

joe2011 12-10-2009 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
gray and blue boat is a dumas dauntless 49'' long its an all wood kit . has two 12 volt mack motors and all mack running hard wear i am using a high tech 4 ch radio boat two is a Dumas Creole Queen 48'' long that ups missed up real good for me broke all rails off and any other small parts so i am working on redoing of of that . but its also an all wood kit and has all dumas running gear . yes the Paddle wheel drives the boat i get asked that all the time lol

specialk1 12-10-2009 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: specialk1

ORIGINAL: joe2011

here are two that im working on :D
;) ok one is a starcraft flying wedge like the one in the James bond movie the other one a baja ski boat both fiber glass and powered by OS 40 . and here is my dumas boat powerd by a ops 60 :D

Hydro Junkie 12-10-2009 10:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Does this restoration in progress count as a scale boat? It's a Steve Muck glass hull powered by a CMB .67. I'm in the process of stripping it down to bare glass and reparing as needed to have it hopefully race ready by April

foodstick 12-10-2009 11:02 PM

Boat p*rn thread !

You know, as much as the big dollar hi-tech go fast stuff amazes me...

Its still hard to beat looking good at five miles an hour, with a litlle water slapping against the hull.

I have a slow weedeater powered crackerbox, and sometimes I think about building a slower boat with more ...ambience....

rcshipyard 12-11-2009 02:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So far, some good looking boats posted. Minus two PT boats, a Cobra, and two major projects under construction, here is the core of my fleet...
1. SS United States. Except for railings, all scratch built.
2. A 1949 style Chris Craft by Dumas. This was a NIB build, fully fiberglassed, and powered by a Speed 600.
3. A 1930 style Chris Craft by Dumas. This was a boat formerly owned by a fellow club member. It required a complete refurbishment including striping down to the wood and hand carving new seats. Fully fiberglassed. Powered by a Speed 700.
4. A Midwest fireboat.
5. My first RC model, a 1/192 version of BB58, USS Indiana. Completely scratch built.
6. A Dumas Osprey
7. A derelict Victor sail boat that I had purchased on Ebay and completely refurbished.

JSGILL 12-11-2009 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
103 BOATS, 54 AIRPLANES, 8 HELI'S, 14 CARS, 6 TRUCKS, AND 1 BLIMP some of the pictures are on my site.I only list running models, under construction DOES NOT COUNT. ( click ) [link=http://www.jsgill.net]GILLS MODELS[/link]
There only 40 models in the picture.

rctugger 12-11-2009 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of scratch built display models I bought and set them up for rc. The black one has a hull made of 5 layers of 1X6 pine that was shaped and hollowed out. I salvaged the hull, put on a new deck, pilot house, small keel, ballast, and rc equipment. There is no chine so it is for calm waters only. The blue one was scratch built also and I shoe-horned in the motor and rc equip. I have also done a couple of Shelley Foss 24's and Victory's.

rctugger 12-11-2009 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wrong pix #4

Hydro Junkie 12-11-2009 06:06 PM

Boat p*rn thread !

You know, as much as the big dollar hi-tech go fast stuff amazes me...

Its still hard to beat looking good at five miles an hour, with a litlle water slapping against the hull.

I have a slow weedeater powered crackerbox, and sometimes I think about building a slower boat with more ...ambience....

And to that I will totally agree, Foodstick. There's nothing like the craftsmanship shown in a well done hand made boat. I myself am not a fan of a molded boat and only have this one because I was helping someone else out. All the rest that I'm working on are pure wood and all but two are scratch builds

joe2011 12-11-2009 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
looking good guys some real nice boats. have to go pick up my dumas enterprise when the guy gets home.
that will be boat too many lol
jsgil that's a nice site you have set up . is that a Dumas Donzi Z65 Tournament Fisherman way in the back of your pic

specialk1 12-11-2009 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)

sorry just like to show off my fleet . here is my dumas enterprise . with a german PDP 61 / and a jet drive :D

joe2011 12-11-2009 09:51 PM

that's cool . mine has two 12 volt motors and the paint is real close to yours . post a way i want to see more.
any one got a Dumas Donzi Z65 Tournament Fisherman i want to get one some day put they cost a ton
i like dumas boat but don't like to build them the plans are hard to under stand and the wood is so bad
my next build will a pusher tug or a mid west Boothbay Lobster Boat mid west make a real nice kit .

davidbegg 12-12-2009 03:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Steam powered scale model of the Tug Lyttelton11, completely scratch built, including the steam engine, boiler and variable pitch prop.

<a href="http://steamtug.orconhosting.net.nz/">http://steamtug.orconhosting.net.nz/
</a>

<br type="_moz" />

Check6 12-12-2009 07:54 AM

Joe2011,
Check out my Midwest Boothbay Lobster Boat Build in this scale boat forum. It's a nice build.

Davidbegg, Awesome tug and steam engine. You do fantastic work!!.

Thanks,
Fred Menna Check6

Ultimate48 12-12-2009 06:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Dad built this tug back in the 1070's . He past way in 1997 RIP Dad ! The tug was left to me .
He built the tug from Francis Smith plans. I have them in very good condition, Model Builder Magazines and plans.
I would like to some day build the tug .

I put hours of work helping him with the build, it took him about 1 year to finnish the build.
The tug has many hours of run time . It's been a shelf model for over 25 years now but can run.

hugho 12-13-2009 12:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After seeing some of the models on this thread, I 'm almost ashamed to show mine. But here they are.
The info about each model is on WORD, so it won't come thru, Boo. It would take too much space to write it all here. I think the name will show.
The picture of the pond is where the model club, the Camarillo Pond Rats has a lease with the CamRosa water company to run the boats and fly our float planes. Been doing it since about 1960.

hugho 12-13-2009 01:10 AM

Since the names didn't show, here they are in order of appearance:
1. Rirptide (scratch)
2. ChrisCraft (Dumas)
3. Enterprise (Dumas)
4. Miss USA Scratch
5. Orca (Scratch)
6. Amercia 3 (Victor)
7. Camarillo pond

Justaddwata 12-13-2009 02:30 AM

Hopefully these count - while performance boats - they are still very much scale

http://photos.imageevent.com/justadd...e/DSC_6896.jpg
65" Ballantine Apache (Thanks Tim Pastore for the pic)

http://photos.imageevent.com/justadd.../DSCF9771a.JPG
96" MHZ Fountain

http://photos.imageevent.com/justadd...n/DSCF8110.JPG
92" HPR Cat

Also a bunch of scale pics I shot at a model boat show earlier this year
http://imageevent.com/justaddwata/wo...emodelboatshow

jenno7 12-13-2009 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
Here's some of my models.
1/ Drumbeat of Devon..........By Modelslipway.
2/ Fishing Boat.....................By Aeropiccola.
3/ Clanity............................By MountFleet Models.
4/ Graemsey.......................By Metcalf Models.
5/ M.V Crear.......................By Metcalf Models.
6/ Loyal moderator..............By Modelslipway.
7/ American Beauty.............By Dumas.
8/ Gry Maritha.....................By Modelslipway.
9/ Barges............................Scratch built.

Hope you like them,
Jenno7

joe2011 12-13-2009 08:34 PM

i still have yet to get my enterprise. Justaddwata them are some real cool looking power boats . i also like the web site you have set up there are a lot of real nice pic's on there . Check6 your Boothbay Lobster Boat is turning out real nice

specialk1 12-13-2009 09:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
amps seabolt with a amps outboard os 65 . gps at 91 mph /dumas 1/8 th picco 67 . :D

foodstick 12-14-2009 12:19 AM

This thread is KILLIN ME! I already have to many projects ,kits,and,and,and !

Some nice stuff out there.

Those barges are even something !I mean come on.. who has barges that nice ! Glad to see all the awesome stuff, thanks for the pics!