Typhoon static diving mini submarine >

Typhoon static diving mini submarine

Notices
RC Submarines RC submarine discussions.

Typhoon static diving mini submarine

Old 09-21-2010, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Typhoon static diving mini submarine

Never seen them" pop off" that would be a first but its possible.Ill have to check Utube.

No motors have burnt out but they did wear out faster and had  that nasty smell,mmmm.

If the bow planes are so valuable why make them contract instead of leaving them out all the time?

We have answered that one already without even haveing to use Google.

I like Google its so easy.

Dave
Old 09-21-2010, 11:07 PM

No motors have burnt out but they did wear out faster and had  that nasty smell,mmmm.

That was on my first sub a Robbe Seawolf ,no drive mods or DP anything stock ,she ran warm ,I changed that.

Dave
Old 09-22-2010, 08:03 AM

ORIGINAL: AQUASUB

Wow I just love stirring up the sediment ,lets see ,nuke meckanic is the sub you are refering to above have a beam as large as U-31 of almost 9 inches and as almost 5 ft long or displace that much water? A bit larger than your sub hence a bit more power required to move her ,this sub plows threw the water and has a bow wake of several inches in front of her not just on the sides.Yes I have seen end caps leak from built up pressure thats why I use my Aquacasing,4 lugs cam locked and a shoulder seal ,absolute beutyfull designe a sumariner would love.
You saw her she ran great , see video here or on the SCR thats all the proof I need.
Im sorry if I come across as arogant or spitting in your face but that was not what I did for you and your dad in the past at the Den.If you are the same guy ,hard to say in these forums.If not my appologies.

Submariner I am just as proud of this country as you are I also served her in and would love to visit Russia and stand on that Typhoon but thats about it ,I don't have to tell you the US Navy is the best par none on the planet but with the way the country is being run these days I worry that our dominance is getting shorter and shorter and the Russians and Chineese are right on our tails just waiting for a weak spot and bam it could come and will be realy ready,I hope so not to mention Iran ,what a mess.Also I like Russian subs because of the way they look and perform ,thats all I don't see where patriatisim came into the discution, ijole mano.

Well still getting back its all about control of the sub ,size of DP and stern plains and last but not least boyancy if your diving with too much ballast those plains arent going to be very effective so nuetral is best that way maximum effect is rendered.

Naturaly there is that molecular water difference with full size and tiny subs,I never said there wasent and totaly agree or are we doing that Skip thing again.

Im cool with all you guys and we have our differences and thats fine, thank god there is that choice now get a cool one and just chill out its good for ya ,hasta loego muchachos.

Dave

It does seem like you enjoy stirring the pot David.

Yes my Ohio has a beam of 6" and is 6' long it is quite the pig in the water. But really that does not mater. The point is that I have a sufficient gear/motor combination that even with a boat this size and a motor this size I can still run at full throttle and req no water cooling. When you compare the large real objects to your subs you are also very mistaken. Sure all the big equipment uses water cooling but you must remember that heat production is a result of energy losses and friction. Larger equipment means you will have much larger heat generation and therefore require cooling. Now if we look at other equipment on submarines designed by marine engineers the water cooling is not present. r-114 compression motors, brine pumps (and these pump very hot water), DCB gearbox motors, aux drain motors, I could go on. The point is that each of these motors was carefully selected for its application so that no cooling would be required. OD you think the navy would waste its tim cooling a small 550 motor..or do you think they would make sure it was properly matched to the application.
Anyway this is a dead subject and has been covered before on many boards with many arguments that seem to be the world vs you..
http://s181686668.onlinehome.us/phpB...cooling#p50992

I have seen your sub david and guess what it did run just fine. I never said your boats ran like crap. I merely questioned the principles you are applying and sharing when you run them. The errors we are seeing are no to critical that your sub would stop and sink. People operate on incorrect principals all the time but they can be made better with better knowledge. The planet used to run just fine when they thought it was flat but it was still wrong.
AS for your aquacasing. Its is creative but not really my cup of tea. I prefer something more designed from the ground up for a single purpose in my boats now a days. Back when I started I was into that sort of thing but not anymore. This is just a personal preference david not an attack on your unit. It seems to work fine for your purposes.

David me and my dad are still the same people you met in devils den. The difference today seems to be you want to argue about everything instead of being open to discussion back then. You have also effectively told me that my time in the navy has taught me nothing and that every principle I have built my career upon so far is completely wrong because of some engineer you know. I would love to know their name so I can visit them and have a conversation . I happen to work with electric boat now..it wont be very difficult.

It seems we have agreed on something though and that is a start if anything.

Ive never seen someone burn a motor unless it was in the wet. Perhaps a bad motor? Could even be bad engineering on robbes part. Ive seen that before. Look at the aquacraft Bristol Bay. It seems they took just any motor and stuck it in. The result is that its way to fast and the motor gets way to hot.

I remember a previous post where you said without cooling you exp a 15 degree temp increase. I wonder how much expansion the air in your cylinder would feel from this and what the total force per sq in felt on your caps would be..not that it would matter due to the way your caps are secured. You are still suing this stuff correct? http://www.valterra.com/RV/valve_caps_and_adapters.htm
Old 09-22-2010, 09:10 PM

Kevin I am not surprised in your responce above particularly about water cooling,why would you write hear and on other sites if you where not even vaigly interested in watercooling even knocking it with so muchdislike as it where the plague.Remember thePM you wroteQoute:

<table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td bgcolor="#f7faff" background="/forum/image/ffffff" width="2%">From:</td> <td bgcolor="#f7faff" background="/forum/image/ffffff" colspan="5"><font color="#00265e">Nuke Mechanic</font> </td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#f7faff" background="/forum/image/ffffff" width="2%">To:</td> <td bgcolor="#f7faff" background="/forum/image/ffffff" colspan="5"><font color="#00265e">AQUASUB</font></td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#f7faff" background="/forum/image/ffffff" width="2%">Date:</td> <td bgcolor="#f7faff" background="/forum/image/ffffff" colspan="5">8/9/2010 12:14 AM</td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#f7faff" background="/forum/image/ffffff" width="2%">Subject:</td> <td bgcolor="#f7faff" background="/forum/image/ffffff" colspan="5"> pump</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="msg" bgcolor="#fbfcff" background="/forum/image/ffffff" colspan="6">
Dave

where do you get that pump that attaches to the end of the motor shaft.

Kevin
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>Sounds familiar? Yes I could have told you where Iget those from but I mod them and just don't give out top secret info especialy to those not realy interested ,need I say more.

Or about the little get together at the Den a few years back,my wife and I went all out to give you and your father as well as a bunch of other Captains with home made mexican food I know you enjoyed and company not expecting a dime back ,only to have you start spewing bull about how I acquired my fleet and that it was wrong in some strange way and it was very obviuse where and who was telling you to say such things as if that person had to have you do his bidding like a pupit on a string,very odd,now you might take offence about my arrogance and now you see why,my wife since then will never attend a sub meet or make any effort toward having company of that sort,it was down right disrespectfull and digusting that some one i don't know from attom would have the nerve to utter such crap.Hipocracy is all over as it always has been.I like your dad he was very respectfull.
Where and how I got what I got is my buisness and mine alone ,by hard work in home improvements ,Ebay,god old American picking and selling stuff from all over the world.
Most of the fleet is gone now but I will build more as I enjoy building alot and improve them as I go ,those Eropeans love them.

Qoute:OD you think the navy would waste its tim cooling a small 550 motor..or do you think they would make sure it was properly matched to the application.
Anyway this is a dead subject and has been covered before on many boards with many arguments that seem to be the world vs you..
<font color="#00265e">http://s181686668.onlinehome.us/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&amp;t=8881&amp;p=50992&amp;hilit =+water+cooling#p50992</font>end qoute.

The only people that are against me is in there own minds ,kind of like "the only thing to fear is fear its self".Those that say I am not matching motors to props execetra have it all wrong ,as I use the same motors and props you use,I just like to watercool them as a measure of insurance and it looks cool and works just as cool.Thats all end of story ,now anyone can make it sound as if its majick sub science but its simple comon sence.BTW do you have actual Telemitry figures to back up your stuff?Can we at least see how warm your motor gets in that big sub?The Navy puts gages on everything important man you know that heck you said you work on them,I would have expected that you especialy would want to do something along those lines with your Naval training,to at least know without a daught just how warm or hot or cool that very importantmotor is doing.
You said it in the first paragraf about heat build we agreeyeaaa,its there no mater what lumpy thing is getting warm its a source of heat right,the full size subs brother are hole different ball game in Teck and end use,but the laws of thermal dynamics remain the same no mater the scale,in the case of a nuke its the reactor that is the hottest producing item,on RC Subs so far its the motor and ESC that are the hottests ,so lets see why not do it like the big boys do,it very similar and fun to see it work with very low cost.No amigo its not a dead issue unless you make it so and inovation goes on.

The valterra system is my dicovery for RC Subs application,hence the name Aquacasing just because Its mine does not make it unworthy and from what I have seen alot of captains are useing more and more of them,there is nothing wrong with a sealed very well made easy to open 4 in dia miter 3 in inner diamiter casing that is absolutly the cats meow as others have pointed out.I am improveing the ballast sytems and mini hydraulics so that they are even more reliable and fun to use.If I sell some or not its no big deal ,to make one takes alot of time that I could be having fun ,but will more than happy to make for anyone even you.Any one can get them and build there own from as you said "the ground up" to THERE specks and componentsnot a copy of someone elses stuff,one has to wait for ever to get parts that only they make,if the Navy was like that we would be in a world of hurt,I just go online or down to Ace Hardwaer and get what I need when I need it at the right price no bull no bad customer realations and if it blows up,sinks turns radioactive or just plain works well above expected its my own darn falt ,like a Captain he will go down with the Sub its his babby,nice stuff you bet,try it and you don't have to get it from me,uless you want the original fine touches that are kind of like that pump just for starters.

I said the sediment not pot there way to small

Well I made my say for now see ya amigos

Dave

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk27850.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1505484   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36606.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	1505485  
Old 09-23-2010, 06:25 AM

Yes david I did ask where you got the pump because I wanted a hydraulic pump to operate some mechanisms... There was a legitimate interest there. Where in here was that a question?

As far as where you get your subs lol You are the most paranoid man I have ever met. Instead of taking the comment as a compliment you instantly took it as an attack. I would also remember you thinking other members were attacking you as well. It has to be a miserable place to live. I also remember payinging you 20 bux for the food your wife brang and thanking her. Why bother bringing your wife into this. Last time you did things did not end well. You need to check your memory.

As for a puppet..dont think so pal. I jump for no man.

As far as your your casing..Yes I saw it then and I see it now. Ive met a few of your customers as well and Yes I build mine from the ground up. I prefer to use real fasteners and machined gears over pieces of legos and gobs of bondo pressed into caps.

here are some more pictures for you so you dont have to put them up david.

I think I am done here David you can go back to what every you do. Things have gone so far off topic with you that it isnt even worth the effort now. Ive looked back at your posts from other forums and it seems that every time someone disagrees with you and argument ensues and you do it all with a big happy grin. I will just have to enjoy watching you be wrong all the time. The true travesty is the new people you claim to care about getting so much bad information. Perhaps RCU will allow it to continue or they will choose to ban you like so many other rc Submarine sites. Only the future will reveal that one.

Good luck and dont bother responding as I wont be here to read it..unless it makes you feel better of course to get the last word?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26186.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	1505613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28015.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	1505614  
Old 09-23-2010, 11:45 AM

Of course you needed it for some hydraulics mmm nice responce.

I am afraid that you and you only was the person making those coments so man up to it, I don't even hear an apology just more of the same,if I did that to some one I would write them a personal letter to the family or go in person and apologize,but not you ,I have served this country and have lived overseas for a while and if a hint of direspect was convied to the host country like Japan as this guy has done to his own countryman I would have lost my position as crewchief for my babbies the RC 135 BIG Ear, electronics servailence heavy jets ,each time I Okayed them for flight the Secreatry Of State had to give his aproval,secrecy is everything and I enjoyed  fixing them lives dependid on it.

BTW how do you like the hydraulics it also works great if done the way I do it.

Yes the casings have some white stuff its called Epoxy 5 hour the best I could find,but I have since made them with stainless steel "L" brackets and screws and nuts ,much stronger.
Your knawking Legos now also ,man do you know how many Universiteis and Engineers have used that system its just not for kids you know,there are world wide clubs far larger than RC Subs combined that just build Legos it is the most produced toy in the world and growing,its cheap,waterproof ,CA glueable,comes in hundreds of types of gears shafts gearboxes,there is no end to what can be made its incredible and what a better vessel to use them on than a RC Sub ,I wouldn't on a Nuke though laugh,   
If I where to use metal or stainless steel gears and shaft excetra it would one be very expensive,2 alot heavier,3 still could corrode,3 limited things or devises could be made and 4 maintenance goes way out of sight since alot runs in the water.

Also the way the components are installed in the casing with glues is to one reduce waieght,2 vibration insulation and 3 it takes up much less space which allows for more important things and it cost les time to build and make.

I hope you read the above it will help as you get older.

Dave

Old 09-23-2010, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a nub this thread is ruining my appetite for knowledge about RC submarines.[]

We have saying here, "stop lifting one's own bench" (egotistically trumpeting one's achievements).
Old 09-23-2010, 12:55 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thread has more than run its course. Closing it in response to complaints.