Making new Dumas Akula parts >

Making new Dumas Akula parts

Notices
RC Submarines RC submarine discussions.

Making new Dumas Akula parts

Old 01-03-2011, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making new Dumas Akula parts

Since I have always loved experimenting with the Dumas Akula I have been working on a upgrade kit that will allow the user to convert it to an X tail submarine. Should make for an interesting driving sub for sure. I also have to admit I was partially inspired by Wayne Freys conversion of his Akula. They are not meant to look scale but instead are designed to give extreme maneuverability.

Masters sitting in a clay bed waiting for rubber

Molds in the pressure pot to eliminate bubbles and increase the quality of the mold

On the other had I also wanted a set of fitting that would give the Dumas Akula more of a scale appearance.

Finished the masters and molded the soks array fins. Time to finish up the appendages.

Here are some pictures preparing for the second part of the mold for the Dumas Akula X tail and then the final mold for the X tail.