Notices
RC Submarines RC submarine discussions.

Seaview Concept II

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 07:20 PM
airwalk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Seaview Concept II

Snow Tank, The Concept II is a little over 46 inches long.main body 5 1/8 wide,nose fins 7 1/2 wide. In N scale the ship would be 735 long, main body 80 feet wide, front fins 120 feet wide, 88 feet tail. quite a bit bigger than the orginal seaview. I worked on the sail planes today.I swept them back for a more streamline look.Thanks for bringing this to my attention! If someone would be interested in a kit,I could always make them one if there interested. David merriman is going to design a diving system and possible a pump jet for this ship.I want one for my own model this summer. I,ll post more pictures next week as I progress on with this project. Untell later.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:01 PM
junglelord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I for one am interested.
I put your thread over at the Subcommitte Forum.
They like it.
I will let them know you are interested in making kits if people want them.
Thanks so much
PS< let us know what you think a kit may cost, rough estimate.
Thanks and cheers.[8D]
Old 01-22-2010, 10:01 PM
airwalk

Thanks, junglelord for telling the subcommitte about the project of mine. I,ll know more about the cost as I get closer to getting the model done.Then I can always let you know. I have been adding and making small changes every day to try and improve the looks. airwalk,
Old 01-22-2010, 10:22 PM
junglelord

Its an awsome build.
I agree it looks better as an eight window.
I thought the only thing to do was make a sharper sweep on the sail planes, as was mentioned.
I think its a real winner.
Cheers.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:35 AM
airwalk

I really like both wersons.The two windrow design with the sonor domes makes the sub more modern.On the other hand the early eight windrow design makes the sub streamline and,makes the subs scale look bigger!What im going to do is when I mold it I,ll leave the front nose blank.(no windrows) This way people can puy in any style design that they want.Also right now I plan on splitting the hull along the full lenght of the fin area. This will make it super easy to install the diving system into the bottom hull half . I will only need one diving system then .I can just switch the tops on to the one bottom hull half.I could eather put on the two windrow verson,or if I want the eight windrow.This will save me money by needing only one diving system.All I will need is just two top hulls. Just an idea for now.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:53 PM
SNOWTANK

That is fantastic to hear. I would be very interested in this as a kit. Excellent work!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:01 PM
SNOWTANK

ORIGINAL: airwalk

Snow Tank, The Concept II is a little over 46 inches long.main body 5 1/8 wide,nose fins 7 1/2 wide. In N scale the ship would be 735 long, main body 80 feet wide, front fins 120 feet wide, 88 feet tail. quite a bit bigger than the orginal seaview. I worked on the sail planes today.I swept them back for a more streamline look.Thanks for bringing this to my attention! If someone would be interested in a kit,I could always make them one if there interested. David merriman is going to design a diving system and possible a pump jet for this ship.I want one for my own model this summer. I,ll post more pictures next week as I progress on with this project. Untell later.
That is a lot bigger than the orignial. But for RC purposes the dimensions should allow David's WTC gas tank system for the Mobeius Seaview to fit nicely inside your Seaview Concept II. What I like about your concept is the jet nozzell design at the stern. I seen them used on RC subs and they work great providing efficeint thrust and better maneuverbility. BTW. A good idea to incorporate 2 styles of windows. Both look great and people like to have the choice in selecting the window style.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:25 PM
airwalk

I would think your idea of using Daves WTC from the mobeius seaview should work just fine in the concept II Snowtank. Im going to make a seven bladed brass prop to work in the jet nozzell shroud. In the back of that I designed the shroud long enought to incorprate the rudder and diving plane. So hopefully this will work fine. I worked on the sub over the weekend.I narrowed the rear bottom fins some.This really slim up the rear of the sub for a more streamline look. I also got the two windrows or four (what ever you want to call them) done. There is still a lot more work to be done,but thats okey as its supose to be a fun project. My son is into designing and has come up with some interesting ideas,that we might try. untell later.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:41 PM
TristanJones

You've held true to the original design, its very inspiring to see old girl get a new look. Just wanted to post a thanks and keep the pics coming. Glad that you are keeping the option for two different type of windows.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:16 PM
junglelord

I got two Merrymen Sub Drivers
I also got a RCABS from Big Dave
http://www.frontiernet.net/~bwelch/inthe.htm
Which I like a lot more.
Both are an option on this baby.
Cheers.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:12 AM
SNOWTANK

ORIGINAL: junglelord

I got two Merrymen Sub Drivers
I also got a RCABS from Big Dave
http://www.frontiernet.net/~bwelch/inthe.htm
Which I like a lot more.
Both are an option on this baby.
Cheers.

Yes and both systems are tried and true tested systems which are reliable and work very well and price about the same. I see a lot of flexibility with this sub.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:03 PM
junglelord

New video from Steve Neill and his Big Dave Moebius Seaview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8ZA7eCksC8
Old 01-29-2010, 12:41 AM
airwalk

Hi Guys.That video of steve neill moebius seaview really looks cool! I like the way the sub dives,and runs on the surface,im impressed!The model subs have come a long ways with the new WTCs of today. Back in the 80s we were building our own scratch build systems,from freeon air systems, to small compressd airsoil cans.Im glad that people like david merrimen and big dave,have now done this for us. By the way I have been looking thru the seaview builds,jungtelord you built some fanastic looking seaviews! a job well done.Snowtank did you ever get you moebius seaview done? I,ll try to post a few more pictures of the concept II this week end.Untell later.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:00 PM
SNOWTANK

I been reviewing the Seaview videos online and my own CDS I got from Caswell of the Seaview build. I was surprised at how well the RCABS with the jet nozzel works in the Seaview. Very impressed with it. I like the Jet Nozzel system. Looks like an artificial heart !
Seaview is missing a Sub driver charger and battery. My 1/72 GATO just needs the battry and charger and has Caswells Sub driver system. Both of these projects were put on the backburner last year as life issues and other projects took over. However my Goal this year is to get the Seaview subdriver. I thought I had only 1 choice but now I see there are 2 options here. Both work really well. I think for Seaview the RCABS system would work well and I like the Gas system for the Revell. I need more video of both versions on the Seaview to help me make a final decision. Really tough.
With your Concept II Seaview I can see using the Gas system but with the Jet nozzell. Combination of best of both worlds.
My Goal is to get one of these Subs completed this year and I think Seaview will be the one as it will be a quicker build than the Gato. Also I can get it to fit into a aquarium tank for demos at my next hobby show display this Oct.

[8D]
Old 01-29-2010, 04:39 PM
airwalk

I know what you mean by taking time to gather all of the accosories for a model snowtank.The way it sounds that you might get all of your diving systems this year,which would be great.Im going to have to save up also to buy the diving system for this project. I toke a few more pictures of the sub.again everything is in gray primer on the top of the hull,and white primer on the bottom.Of course this is just the plug anyway. The nose is sloped a lot more than the orginal seaview,as I wanted a more sleek shark look.The sail has the new diving planes mounted,and they are moveable . The pictures are not the best because of the gray primer. Next will come the detailing. Untell later.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61389.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1367367   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23809.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1367368   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf87887.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	1367369  
Old 01-29-2010, 04:57 PM
SNOWTANK

OMG!!!! Now that is more like it!! This is looking quite impressive!! More ..more!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 05:45 PM
SNOWTANK

OMG!!!! Now that is more like it!! This is looking quite impressive!! More ..more!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:14 AM
airwalk

Hi Guys, I have not been on the concept II project this week.I have been filling other model orders,and trying to finish work on a hawker beechcraft, baron project.Thanks for the nice words on the concept II build snow tank.I think the curved sail diving planes look a lot better also. I want to add new type of shark grills (Water intakes) to the rear of the sub for better water flow to the pump jet. Also top deck hatches, torpedo loading doors, and other detail have to added. We also have a location on the sub for the (countermeasures launchers) Right now the sub looks smooth,but with this detailing it should look better yet. Hopefully I can get back to the sub it in a few weeks. Untell later.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:43 PM
SNOWTANK

Np airwalk. I am looknig forward to further progress on this project. It is truly amazing and I think your gonna rock the rc sub world with this submarine. I got projects to get back to myself. Preparing my 1/144 Bismarck for RC combat in Rhode Island this year at the I.R.C.W.C.C. Nationals. I been trying to get to this event for 20 years and finally the opportunity has presented itself.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:47 AM
airwalk

The 1/144 bismarck sounds like an interesting rc project ! and even more when its for rc combat. The I.R.C.W.C.C. nationals sounds like a lot of fun Snowtank.Years back I built a Surcouf french sub,with operating twin brass front turret guns. A gentleman from down south brought one of these sursouf kits,and built it for rc combat.He would load the twin guns with a small amount of gun power,seal the barrels with a little wax.He would then dive the ship, then resurface the ship,and fire the guns.He had glow plugs attached to a battery to fire the gun powder.He said he had a great time! I got a little more done to the sub project today inbetween working on other projects. Talk to you later.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:52 PM
SNOWTANK

Awesome. I knew a guy who made the SURCOUFE and the I-400 for RC combat. I think I may have seen your friend's Surcoufe before.
Planning to bring my Yamato as well to the NATS. Hope there's no subs around.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Tony Hardy

WOW!!!! This is a STUNNING piece of work! I think you just absolutely nailed a proper update of this iconic sub. I'd LOVE to see your take on an updated Flying Sub, Diving Bell and Mini-Sub too.

I'm very interested in a kit of the future Seaview if you ever make any available.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:08 PM
airwalk

HI Tony, Great to hear from you! If your the tony I know,you will remenber me.Dennis from DeBoer Hulls.Glad you like the concept II. Its been a fun project to do.Im surprised at the reponse on this build. It was built for one customer at the start of the project as he wanted a complete change from the oiginal design.The way it sounds there might be more people interested. I have done quite a bit of more work on the sub to streamline it up. I want to get more done on it before I take more pictures.I also can be reach on this private message board ,or our website for questions and answers.Thanks for the nice complements! Take care! Dennis.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:36 PM
airwalk

Got a little more done on the concept II project this morning.I complety removed the old nose windrow frames.I did not like the thickness of them.I added small brass wire around the new windrow viewports. This seemed to clean up the windrows frames. The picture was take right after I glued the wire frames in place.I still have to prime them and clean them up. I also sanded the nose down a little more,for a more streamline look.The rear shot shows some of the detailing beening added to the top deck, like loading cargo hatches,torpedo loading hatch, rear escape hatch, ballast blow vents etc.Towards the rear are the two retractable pump jet flow sensor,s I had time to take a few pictires this morning hope you enjoy them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76950.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1373808   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12531.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1373809  
Old 02-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Rogue Sub

Looks awesome Dennis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.