RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Submarines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-submarines-119/)
-   -   Nikko Seawolf Rubber Seal (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-submarines-119/9271374-nikko-seawolf-rubber-seal.html)

20 Thousand 11-22-2009 01:59 AM

Nikko Seawolf Rubber Seal

HELP! Looking for a Nikko Sea Wolf or Nikko Explorer submarine RUBBER SEAL to the battery compartment.
Tried contacting Nikko in Texas... no luck. Does anybody have NOS parts?
Thanks... 20 Thousand

kenfleang 12-02-2009 05:14 AM

RE: Nikko Seawolf Rubber Seal

hi there, i just bought a nikko sea wolf and i may be able to help with the rubber seal. but the cost to send it to the US is pretty steep. I live in Malaysia. still interested? i don't know how much it cost for the seal though. but i can get the whole sub for quite cheap. Roughly US70.00 for the whole sub.

20 Thousand 12-18-2009 01:35 AM

Hello, 

Yes, I am interested in the rubber deal for the NIKKO Seawolfe submarine.  NIKKO had their plant in Malaysia but they contacted me and said it just closed.  I've been to Malaysia so I know that shipping is costly; but, shipping this should not be too bad as it fits in a small envelop.  Let me know how much.  If you have PayPal, I can pay you easily.  Thanks

kenfleang 12-18-2009 12:06 PM

<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; "><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; background-position: initial initial; ">yes. it closed down not too long ago. the one i got was cheap due to the shipment being auctioned off to the highest bidder. I have to wait till the guy comes back to town again. probably next week. but i can't promise you that they would still have stock. i was planning to get a few for parts. will keep you posted. about the shipment, i have to find out the cost . but first things first. the spare sub has got to be obtained first.</div></span>

20 Thousand 12-18-2009 07:57 PM

OK, I hope you or someone buys up the NIKKO sub parts.  It would be easy to sell them on ebay around the world.  NIKKO made better items than most hobby companies and they had a good reputation. You might consider creating an ebay store for the NIKKO subs, boats and cars.  If you get NIKKO items at auction prices, you might do quite well.  I really enjoyed my working in Malaysia.  It was a small project lasting for a few weeks.  I hope to get back there someday.

kenfleang 12-20-2009 11:30 AM

i managed to get 1 sub. i can sell the seal for US10.00 . As for mail charges i am going to find out about it . or maybe you have any preference as to the courier to use?.  it's certainly good to hear of positive things about my country. I hope you will be able to come again and enjoy the Penang hawker fare.. nothing beats Penang food in Malaysia.

20 Thousand 12-22-2009 12:59 AM

Hi,

Great. Here is my email so we can work out the payment for the part and the postage: [email protected]

By the way, yes, I really enjoy my time there in Malaysia.

rlajud 01-13-2010 01:18 AM

Hello Kenfleang!
I write from Mexico City, I also need a battery rubber seal! And I know of 2 other friends here in need of one...
Can you get more?
As 20 Thousand said, you should dedicate to sell spare parts here!
Regards

kenfleang 01-13-2010 10:53 AM

i am considering buying up the consignment but the cost is prohibitive. at the moment i only have requests for the rubber seals. there are no other requests for other parts. it's a bit redundant to have so many subs lying around without the seals. besides my wife would be asking why i bought so many subs.[:@]very difficult for me to explain at the moment.

bugfanatic 08-05-2014 04:05 AM

I'm building a mold to make replacement silicone seals, how many people would be interested if I kept the cost below $10 each?

Flyer970 12-06-2017 11:31 PM

nikko-seawolf-rubber-seal.h

Hello, I found this and am looking for the hull seals for a Nikki Seawolf sub. Did you ever do the mold & copies? I would be interested in a couple?
Bi..

bugfanatic 12-07-2017 02:56 AM

Lack of interest kept me from moving forward. I still have the design ready to go, so maybe in the future.

Flyer970 12-07-2017 09:06 AM

Thanks for the reply! I have an idea I may pursue. Bill

desunode 07-28-2018 01:28 PM

Hello,

i have RUBBER SEAL's for the battery compartment.
The are no original rubber seal's of nikko.
they work well and keep it dry.
I have a small adjustment on.
The seals are meant for another seal but this works well.

intrested you can mail me [email protected]

I can send worldwide

tonytigerforyou 09-30-2022 08:06 AM

Nikko Rubber SEAL

HOW much and do you have a photo?