Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

T 55 by Hooben

Old 10-17-2010, 10:36 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: T 55 by Hooben

I agree. That would be a great present. Hmm, just realized that hinting here is not going to help my case. The girlfriend doesn't monitor this site.[]</p>
Old 10-18-2010, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Panther G

AHHHHHHHHH I'm getting reallyaggravated. i want this tank yesterday.At this rate it will be months before i can order one. AAAAAAARRRRRRGh.<div>I gotta start selling some of my old stuff i don't need. Any body need any Bass guitars? LOL.</div>

Told you so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<br type="_moz" />
Old 10-18-2010, 01:12 AM

Now that it looks like we will have a reliable, trustworthy supplier for the T-55, my interest in obtaining one has increased significantly. Too bad my income has not done the same!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:38 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks Sevoblast.

Can you let us know when the other 'issues' are dealt with, as I've really been looking forward to this kit.

And for once, surprisingly, I have the dinero to spring for BOTH this and the Leo 2A6.

Crossing my fingers,
WhiteWolf
Old 10-18-2010, 01:36 PM

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Official reservations for late Nov. early Dec. delivery started today. Look at the sight, and email me. I'll give you the Official Info. via email. First shipment is sold out, ordered more today.

I am working mightily with Hooben on the few problems, spent 3 hours with them today. All will be ok one way or the other by kit delivery time. Between our resident genius, Daryl T, and yellowshaker and me, we'll get this thing up and rolling with a minimum of fuss and muss.

This is not a shake the box kit, nor is it a master builders kit like Wecohe. It is marginally more involved than Tamiya. Tamiya, most of them, you can build OTB in a couple days at most. This kit, figure 4 days at most, probably less for those of us who have experience with Tamiya and such.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are way behind on this. And you have no understanding of my point in the other post to begin with. I have wanted this tank since the first day they posted it almost 2 years ago. well maybe 18 months or so. this tank is and will be a popular kit for quite a fewpeople, my self included. My point was that Tamiya was taking the easy way out with their most current releases, or I should say re- releases. It had nothing to do with this tank at all. A second point can be the very limited actual battles that these 3 examples would have fought. The M1 Sherman certainly saw action against the T-55 but how many times was the 1A4 ever in combat with any army? These are facts that i would be more interested in hearing since you seem to be a data guy. The T-34/85 has seen almost as much combat as the T-55 especially in the Mid East. so we all ready had some cold war era tanks. Lets have some new models not reworked versions of ones that have been around for years already.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:16 PM

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts

Just payed for my T 55 pre order today with EL-mod units so this could be my Christmas present to me .

Jimmy
Old 10-23-2010, 02:08 AM

<span style="font-family: Arial; ">OK, the matchup of the mentioned foes is more than feasible for a tank club battle scenarios and when did you start caring about accurate tank club battles?

Check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rab8cxw1YfM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sf0zMYALeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bfxww9UyGA

The cold war Syrian Pz4; the various operators of the T-55 &amp; T-34; against the IDF Sherman and other Sherman types; even the Pershing; and the Leo 1; all work as cold war foes for various geographical conflict locals at various times over the last 60 odd years.

What is interesting now is that there are several cold war era tanks soon to be on the market that could have fought each other, and would have fought against each other if the cold war turned hot.

And who cares if the Leo kit is a re-release, it is now a DIY full option model with built in DMD gear hard points. It is claimed to be a full option capable kit, if the various Tamiya vendors have there facts straight.

T-55 against Leo 1 sounds pretty good to me.Build both cold war relics Panther G; orsave your money; the rumbling and rumors are still alive &amp; well that Spring 2011 will see one new Tamiya release, a full option US Army Abrams.But don't hold your breath.

<br type="_moz" /></span>
Old 10-23-2010, 12:41 PM

Boys, boys...

We're supposed to be in it for the fun of the thing, not to be rivit-obsessed, bayonette-up-the-butt pencilnecks who won't re-play a battle that hasn't been certified as real by the Department of War. Then again, the Iraqi DoW would certify anything, even the movie " Mars Attacks! ", right (or refuse to recognise one, more like)

Could we see a Leo 2A6 going against a Pz3 or such? Why not... a gangster who's managed to restore an old museum piece and get its weapons operational again uses it (and mebbe others) to rob a bank, assault a compeditor, or something else, and the City/State calls out the military to decommission the units for good this time. Mebbe not in the US (despite so many running armored vehicles) but mebbe in Europe, Middle East or Asia.

Even some of the battles held at the Danville BattlePark have been 'What-If' scenarios, though many at first wanted only ~official~ battles there...

Hey, there was that guy who took that M60 Patton for a ride thru San Dego back in '95 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Nelson) What if the Waco, Ruby Ridge, or other militias got hold of some armor...

These are radio-controlled, model armored vehicles (to try to cover most of 'em) that we use to entertain ourselves, and others... not the real deal under a state of war.

Relax, grab a brew anna brat-onna-bun, and have fun, m'k?
Old 10-23-2010, 04:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Pcomm, is right when was there ever a battle in WWII were the Germans main front line tank was a Tiger I or Tiger II with the odd PzIV or PzIII or walls of Pershings it never happened, people have been crying for post war tanks now they are becoming available people are moaning, there is a saying "Rome wasn't built in a day" neither was a fleet of post war model tanks come to think of it neither was a fleet of WWII tanks
Old 10-23-2010, 04:17 PM

<span style="font-size: larger; "><span style="font-family: Arial; ">Girls,girls: Your stirring an empty pot wolf.

To bring your cold war tank fight info up to date, the photo below is of a Pz IV G<span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 19px; ">captured from the Syrian Army during
the Six Day War and now displayed at the Yad la-Shiryon Museum in Israel.

This 1967 battle included the Pz4 G, SU-100 TDs, T34-85 tanks against Centurions, AMX-13 and Super Sherman tanks.</span></span></span><span style="font-size: larger; "><span style="font-family: Arial; "><span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 19px; "><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><span style="font-size: larger; "></span><span style="font-size: larger; "></span><span style="font-size: larger; ">
</span></span>
Interestingly, the IDF Air Force first flew &amp; fought x-Romanian BF-109s against Egypt in the late 1940's.

Cold war fights are very strange weapon wise. Just depended on who they bought the gear from.

<br type="_moz" /></span></span></span>
Old 10-23-2010, 05:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are the match ups we need to know of with the current Cold War available armor that we have now. i'm not looking for a fight, if i was someone would have known it by now. I just like pertinent and accurate info. As far as future modern armor I'm not to concerned except i would like to see some British moder. A Centurion or better yet A Challenger I or II. I have a LEO 2A5/6 and an Abrams M1A1, both by HE but they will both eventually have full El-mod sysyems in them for the best realism. A T-72 would be my dream new tank as far as modern armor releases, but with the 55 there are plenty of modernization programs you could model to get it closer to a modern day MBT.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:52 PM

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

"Cold War" was an interesting time, often more hot than cold. I've seen T 34's with German style Schurzen, P4's and P5's duking it out with Shermans, Ishermans, T 55's, T 62's, T 72's, Leos and Abrams, etc., and any combination thereof. Basically the proxy wars fielded most anything you can imagine. Ergo anything goes for the 1947 and later wars. Any mixture of the afore mentioned AFV's could be on the field at any given time. Also, there was the odd 'antique' anti tank guns, including genuine 88mm Flaks in Kosovo not too many years ago, pristine and with new ammo. I know for a fact that two of them are now in private collections in the Fatherland. I've also got an interesting AFV in the build stream, should be another nightmare. Did you know the orignal 'Chobham' armour was a development of an American armored car (as in money carrier) company back in 1935 or so? Grin. Discovered by accident not 5 years ago during a restoration.

On the T 55, mine is on the way, should be here in two weeks or so. I'll immediately start the build, and post it here and elsewhere, with photos. I will concentrate on motive power and suspension first, and see what, if anything, needs tweaking. According to tankers I know, there is nothing really earth shattering in the way of tweaks needed, but my hands on will tell the tail in the end.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:42 PM

Re: recoveries in Europe...

I hace a CD/DVD by Enygma Graphics (yea, spelling is correct) about the search for, recovery and restoration of a bunch of WW2 surplussed M10, M18 and M36 Tank Destroyers that were being used in Bosnia. They were rushed back over to England and the US because of some impending US import regulation.

[link=http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/books/enygma/enygma008.htm]Perth Military modelling review here.[/link]

I love the CD, and when I settle back into retirement this spring, and try to get one of Nick's turrets, this CD will be a great asset.

When you look hard enough... you find smaller countries using someone elses discards ~all~ over.

Lets put this "would they meet in battle?" discussion aside, agree to disagree, and those who choose to disagree can choose to debate the issue elsewhere at aniother time, okay?