Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Mark I (AKA: Mother)?

Old 10-21-2010, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mark I (AKA: Mother)?

Has, or does any body make a RC Mark 1 or the Mother? I have all ways wanted one. In 1/16th that would put it at, what, 2 feet long and 6 inches tall, right?
Old 10-21-2010, 06:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mark I (AKA: Mother)?

No one that i know of makes any WWI RC armor f any type. Any that you do find will most likely be a scratch built machine. you can try looking on Youtube for some video but doubt there are any there.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:01 PM

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Contact DJ Parkins & start saving your beer money for their pending 1/15 Mk I Male. I haven't contacted them in sometime & have no idea if its still ongoing project or not but they were planning to do an RC version. The kit has shown up on eBay in the past.

http://www.djparkins.clara.net/fline/flmaster.htm

http://homepage1.nifty.com/lefthand/...k.I/FPmkI.html
Old 10-22-2010, 03:20 AM

FYI an email I received today from DJ Perkins:

Its still ongoing but not iminent. When a price appears beside it on our web site it will mean its out and in stock. We tend to work on and off on a variety of projects over long periods and only when we are really happy do we release them. We don't tend to have any definite timetable or release dates for things as giving them out puts pressure on us.

I can assure you though that the range of tanks will come out and that when they do they will be fully featured on our new web site.

With Kind Regards,

David
Old 10-22-2010, 09:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well. there You go then.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:26 AM

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

That's a pretty neat project and I'm sure it will have a neat price as well. If you think Tamiya's are expensive .... well grab onto your ankles for this will be very high! Ever stood next to the real one of these?

The Patton Museum had/has one on display in a WWI diorama and the thing is huge!

- Jeff
Old 10-22-2010, 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Panther F

That's a pretty neat project and I'm sure it will have a neat price as well. If you think Tamiya's are expensive .... well grab onto your ankles for this will be very high!

- Jeff
Not really. The last one (static kit) that appeared on eBay went for around 250 euro.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:52 AM

Thanks for all the info! It looks as if I will have make my own one. Thats going to be fun.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:01 AM

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

ORIGINAL: herrmill

ORIGINAL: Panther F

That's a pretty neat project and I'm sure it will have a neat price as well. If you think Tamiya's are expensive .... well grab onto your ankles for this will be very high!

- Jeff
Not really. The last one (static kit) that appeared on eBay went for around 250 euro.

I'm talking about the one pictured in your link, the one with metal and PE used to construct it.

- Jeff
Old 10-23-2010, 06:11 PM

Yes, it was a DJ Parkins Mk I kit that appeared on eBay just like the photos from the Japanese hobby store. They are currently expanding their range with plans to make them available for RC conversion. You're right, Jeff, they won't be cheap but then again everything they do is quality & meant for serious collectors. I have some of their 1/72 Flower corvette fittings & they do nice work.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:31 PM

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

ORIGINAL: joyrock

Has, or does any body make a RC Mark 1 or the Mother? I have all ways wanted one. In 1/16th that would put it at, what, 2 feet long and 6 inches tall, right?

There's a 1/10 scale version made but it's hardly ever mentioned as it is quite expensive. Beautiful in the extreme
but very expensive. Just for reference here it is: http://www.giesswerk.de/html/mark_I.htm

Jerry
Old 10-24-2010, 01:55 PM

WOW! Tanque, that is neat! 39" long! Thats a monster! And at almost 10,000 Euros, thats a little bit out of my price range. And 50kg! with out the battery! Thats is just cool!
Old 10-24-2010, 05:26 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tanque

ORIGINAL: joyrock

There's a 1/10 scale version made but it's hardly ever mentioned as it is quite expensive. Beautiful in the extreme
but very expensive. Just for reference here it is: http://www.giesswerk.de/html/mark_I.htm

Jerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jerry
I would rather buy a new car. But it is eye candy for us poor kids who can only keep buying lottery tickets, and hoping to hit it!