Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
 Question regarding HL Infrared Battle System and infrared battle systems in general >

Question regarding HL Infrared Battle System and infrared battle systems in general

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Question regarding HL Infrared Battle System and infrared battle systems in general

Old 10-24-2010, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question regarding HL Infrared Battle System and infrared battle systems in general

What's a good adhesive to attach the emitter to the tube? I was thinking clear RTV might be good so that if one needed to remove the emitter that one wouldn't run the risk of botching it up with a drill or some other power tool.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:58 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Default RE: Question regarding HL Infrared Battle System and infrared battle systems in general

I use a small amount of super glue at the base of the emitter (don't apply too much or you will fog the emitter), and then wrap it in electrical tape.

I'd be interested in alternatives tho []
Old 10-25-2010, 01:37 PM

Just to put another penny on the pile, here's how I added an IR LED to my Pz3. I molded a 2-pin connector into the airsoft warning LED hole, sanded, painted, then I plug an IR LED directly into the connector when i want/need it. I made the shroud by cutting and painting a drinking straw which fits nice and snug over the IR LED.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:44 PM

Nice
Old 10-26-2010, 02:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont forget to paint the inside of the tube black so there is no reflection able to diffuse the light.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:26 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes the socket idea works well. You can use the two pin sockets that Heng Long use. The nice thing about this is that to replace and IR LED, you don't have to take apart your tank. The LED stays in place and I have not had a problem with them coming out. I highly recommend this approach.

It is also very easy to stick in a regular LED just to test everythiing is functioning as it should.