Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

DBC/DBU and HL Stug III?

Old 10-24-2010, 06:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DBC/DBU and HL Stug III?

I wondered if anyone has installed one of these in a HL Stug III to set it up for Taqmiya compatible IR and if so, how did it work out?

I am looking for any insights or cautions with respect to the application specifically for the HL Stug III, not any other models, since I already havea Stugand am instested in the installation for it.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:45 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: DBC/DBU and HL Stug III?

I have this set up in a Stug. It is a tight fit. Here is a Panzer 3 with a DBC in it. Same basic layout you would need with a stug.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41042.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	1522477  
Old 10-24-2010, 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: YHR

I have this set up in a Stug. It is a tight fit. Here is a Panzer 3 with a DBC in it. Same basic layout you would need with a stug.

Thanks, so it'stight, but it does fit, that's good.

How about the mod.'s to the Stug's mantlet to install the light system (the proper term for it escapes me )
Old 10-24-2010, 08:05 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't have a Stug, but I do have a very similar SU-76i conversion running a DBCRC2 combat system. The only caution with that set up is to use a HL elevation motor in place of a servo for gun elevation, so that the control board see's the elevation / machine gun / main gun fire signals. You can use a servo plugged directly into the receiver for gun traverse, as the control board does not need to see that signal for its operation.

If you rip out the smoker you will have plenty of room for the DBC(RC2) board. The IR LED should fit in place of the HL one (the LED's emit different wavelengths, so don't use the factory one), you should make a emitter tube to avoid friendly fire tho - see the other thread for tips.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Ex_Pat_Tanker
If you rip out the smoker you will have plenty of room for the DBC(RC2) board.
Thanks, yeah, the smokers dont work very well and they aren't a bigfeature for me, anyway, so it definitely could come out of mine.