Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Newb question

Old 06-18-2011, 12:40 PM
(RC)Tanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb question

Is there any type of infared sensor out there that can come in a type of sheet form(up to 15 mm thick) Im asking because ive bought some Unimax tanks and dont like how there isnt any armor design. I understand tamiyas heavy medium light health, but Im looking to make something were each of the guns depending on penentration have a set frequency that ranges from the highest to the lowest the sensor can pick up, while the sensor is coated in "tinted" layers designed to strip certain frequencies out.
Ex. Sherman 75mm infared beam at frequency "C" can not penetrate panthers layers "A" through "D" stripping layers to get to sensor, so have to go around to hit lower armored "A" through "B" stripping layers.

Do any sheet sensor exist? And can the classic "apple" sensor be modified for this purpose?
Old 06-18-2011, 01:43 PM
(RC)Tanker

Default RE: Newb question

Also, does anyone know where I can find plastic clear in the infared spectrum???
Old 06-19-2011, 08:40 AM
(RC)Tanker

PLEASE HELP!!! I am thinking of making a AMX Tractor C that I would be happy to share the Blueprints with.
(AMX tractor C was in drawing board phase, my brother wanted a "custom" tank, i its a comprimise because he can slightly modify it due to never existing IRL)
Old 06-19-2011, 05:38 PM
(RC)Tanker

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS???
Old 06-19-2011, 05:51 PM
(RC)Tanker

2 turreted tanks? how would you control both turrets? I was thinking for the turrets 2 of the usual joysticks would be used, one for each turret, and left right would rotate turret while up down would move the mantle, while there would be seperate controls for each track on the top of it on either end. Does anyone know a remote controller like this?
Old 06-19-2011, 06:10 PM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Chill out Tanker...

Sometimes it takes as long as two days for guys to get back on threads. I know myself that I rarely get to the forum ~every~ night.

Push too hard, and the guys might write ya off as just a bit ~too~ new...
Old 06-20-2011, 07:46 AM
(RC)Tanker

ORIGINAL: WhiteWolf McBride

Chill out Tanker...

Sometimes it takes as long as two days for guys to get back on threads. I know myself that I rarely get to the forum ~every~ night.

Push too hard, and the guys might write ya off as just a bit ~too~ new...
Sorry, can you perhaps answer my questions???

Old 06-20-2011, 10:37 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: (RC)Tanker

Is there any type of infared sensor out there that can come in a type of sheet form(up to 15 mm thick) Im asking because ive bought some Unimax tanks and dont like how there isnt any armor design. I understand tamiyas heavy medium light health, but Im looking to make something were each of the guns depending on penentration have a set frequency that ranges from the highest to the lowest the sensor can pick up, while the sensor is coated in ''tinted'' layers designed to strip certain frequencies out.
Ex. Sherman 75mm infared beam at frequency ''C'' can not penetrate panthers layers ''A'' through ''D'' stripping layers to get to sensor, so have to go around to hit lower armored ''A'' through ''B'' stripping layers.

Do any sheet sensor exist? And can the classic ''apple'' sensor be modified for this purpose?
I've never heard of sheet type of sensor. All IR tanks I've seen use a type of reciever such as the "apple"style ones or the smaller receivers on VS tanks. I don't think a "layer" type of sensor would work since IR signals are too easy to block to do a variable amount of "penetration".
Old 06-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Several guys have experimented with trying to simulate the different sizes of guns, but nobody has reliably proved a working solution to the best of my knowledge.

Now multi turreted tanks are something of interest to me. How to operate a Lee / Grant / Char B1 / T35? 2 or more crew members with their own radios?? Can't have all the emitters running off the same battle circuit, as this would weaken the emitter output [>:]
Old 06-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Panther G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Settle down JR. and you may get some help. At the moment there is no material available that is capable of performing what you want to do. Now, that being said it has been done in this manner.
You take 4 different IR receivers all the same frequqncy and locate them at different areas of what ever vehicle you are working with. This can eliminate the "Apple"
The armor penetration values other than what is programmed into the battle systems used can't be changed out side of what is designed into that particular system.
I hope this helps. Your lucky to get any help at all with the way you word your posts. Remember, most of us here are old enough to be your grand father and you wouldn't talk to him that way. Or would you?
Old 06-21-2011, 04:53 AM
rivetcounter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or better yet instead of pretending to be a 12 year old why not spend some of your spare time inventing such a system that way old boy you will get some real respect
Old 06-21-2011, 06:21 AM
(RC)Tanker

ORIGINAL: rivetcounter

Or better yet instead of pretending to be a 12 year old why not spend some of your spare time inventing such a system that way old boy you will get some real respect
Im sorry, I'm posting here because I wanted to know if it would be practical to invest my time in trying to creat something like this, and I'm sorry if any of my posts come out in a disrespectful way, and I'm sorry that you can't get your head around the fact that a twelve year old is capable of posting on your forums. I'm sincerely sorry.