Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Flamethrower???

Old 06-23-2011, 03:47 AM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flamethrower???

two things diff in that photo....it's a bow gun mount, which means short range and more volume, and it's a demo in which a non combat mix is used to create a more spectacular flame and smoke with less spectator hazard. ....as posted= Holllywood style.

Both of my flame tanks worked on a water stream with a bit of orange food coloring. Possible a LED would look OK, but doubt if it would carry the 4-6 feet of the stream, unless the area was pretty dark. Be interesting to see.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:13 AM
(RC)Tanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of cool Ideas, but I was really wondering would an LED for Infrared combat have the same simulated effect if it was set to the frequencys an apple would detect??
Old 06-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Perry S.

ORIGINAL: (RC)Tanker

Lots of cool Ideas, but I was really wondering would an LED for Infrared combat have the same simulated effect if it was set to the frequencys an apple would detect??
Not sure I understand what you are asking. Are you asking if an IR LED will illuminate water? Please try to rephrase more clearly.

Perry
Old 06-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Panther G

If you where to shot water at someones IR tank you would most likely be banned from all events at what ever venue you where attending. Doing actuall damage to some one elses tanks is prohibited. accidents do happen but that is why the 3 feet rule usually is in effect. so your " Flamethrower would need to be able to exceed 3 foot. and again, if you shot water at my large dollar tanks you would swiftly be dealt with accordingly.
My sugestion to you is get off your but, buy a tank and try something instead of speculating all these brainstorms of yours.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Perry S.

ORIGINAL: Panther G

If you where to shot water at someones IR tank you would most likely be banned from all events at what ever venue you where attending. Doing actuall damage to some one elses tanks is prohibited. accidents do happen but that is why the 3 feet rule usually is in effect. so your '' Flamethrower would need to be able to exceed 3 foot. and again, if you shot water at my large dollar tanks you would swiftly be dealt with accordingly.
My sugestion to you is get off your but, buy a tank and try something instead of speculating all these brainstorms of yours.

Stripes - Lighten up Frances

Why is it you would assume he's coming to spray your precious tank with no notice to you. You tried the same crap on one of my airsoft threads, worried we were all coming to crash an IR battle and start shooting IR tanks like some sort of renegade desert bandits. Complete with a similarly attached threat of violence.

sheesh, lighten up and please try to find comfort that there is not a secret army of flamethrowers and airsoft tankers coming for your 'large dollar' tanks. And really no need for the macho unwarranted threats against a 12 yr old.

Perry
Old 06-26-2011, 04:07 PM
pattoncommander

This was my OT-34....not fired at any operational RC tanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvTv2..._order&list=UL

Flame gun was made from a water pump out of a toy LAV....worked rally good and got out to about 9 feet. That's Dana's Sherman getting the bath.