Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Panther G In East Front Colors/Markings?

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Panther G In East Front Colors/Markings?

Old 10-22-2011, 09:18 AM
thomasjohnmurphy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Panther G In East Front Colors/Markings?

Hey Glen. I still have that Grey Panther you test drove if you are looking to buy one. I don't think there is a Hobby show this year. I also have all those Tank books you can reference. I'm sure you can find a camo scheme in there that you would like.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Glen B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thomasjohnmurphy

Hey Glen. I still have that Grey Panther you test drove if you are looking to buy one. I don't think there is a Hobby show this year. I also have all those Tank books you can reference. I'm sure you can find a camo scheme in there that you would like.
Thanks

The Toronto Hobby Show is cancelled for 2011, I confirmed that with a call to the organizer; he said that the costs of holding it at the International Centre were making it a money losing proposition, he is working on getting things organized for 2012, location to be sellected.

That Panther is interesting but the only thing is its airsoft. With the focus on IR at the Can Am (due to insurance issues, unfortuneatly, because I enjoyed our airsof shoots), I wanted to get an IR Panther so I had something with a recoiling barrel.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only refferences I can find is the 39th Regiment and the 4th SS where in that sector at those times, so could be either one of these or neither. you would think it would be a little easier but it is not I'm affraid.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Glen B

ORIGINAL: Panther G

you would think it would be a little easier but it is not I'm affraid.
Yeah, I have been learning of late that the time period from mid 1944 - on is tiougher to research.

Tiger I colurs/markings from 1943, no problem, but later, good luck

I have found that making up the scenario for the KT "Anneliese" , I got quite a bit of info on it to my surprise but still made a number of "interpretations" (wild guesses)

Old 10-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Glen B

ORIGINAL: thomasjohnmurphy

John

Thanks, that's a nice offer, I'm interested, you have a PM

Update: Oct. 25, done deal, it is now stored here waiting completion of the KT and the re-finish of a Tiger I, giving me time to sort out a unit and coolur, thatPzDiv Feldherrnhalle 2 tank is a front runner in the choices.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:57 PM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you need it, this isa really good russion site on thepanther.

http://pda.lib.rus.ec/b/198352/read
Old 12-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Glen B

ORIGINAL: Glen B

Time to dust this one off.

The completion of the KT draws near and the re-finish of my first Tiger I is next in the production line; but, one must plan ahead.

I did a quick search on this unit, it sounds like had a short but interesting history and if these colours are accurate, it is a bit unique and would not look like something that is already in my "collection".

Is there anyone here that know's more about this stuff than I do (and thats a lot of you) able to comment on the accuracy of it and if so, what would those colours likely have been? (calling Rivetcounter)

ORIGINAL: Airbrushler

ORIGINAL: Frantz70

I despise that ambush paint pattern so maybe something like this,

PzDiv Feldherrnhalle 2 - Chekoslovakia 1945

oooooh i like that

Time to dust this thread off, I would like to start on the Panther, soon.

I found this link today and the last four pages of it look interesting with respect to this camo; http://www.ampscentralsouthcarolina....le_El_Mito.pdf

It is identified as used on Panthers made by MNH;

October 1944 - December 1944 (MNH)

12 From October 1944 the vehicles produced by MNH have a camouflage scheme entirely different to
that used by MAN and Daimler-Benz . Characteristic of the camouflage scheme from MNH are
parallel bands in dark yellow, with slight undulations and inclined at approximately 45°. These dark
yellow bands are repeated in all the non-horizontal surfaces of the hull as well as on the turret of the
vehicle. Vehicles manufactured by MNH do not possess [Balkan] crosses on the sides or rear area of
the hull, while crosses, if they were applied, are only on the sides of the turret.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Glen B

Happiness is unpacking a new HL Panther G

First step in the process of turning out a late-war MHN production Panther G, inspired by that colour plate and the upped photo in the attached picture.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	db85577.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	1706603   Click image for larger version

Name:	hf10124.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	1706604