Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Modified H.L. transmitter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Modified H.L. transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 06:24 PM
strmnd54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modified H.L. transmitter

Is it just me or does it seem that everytime I'm ready to play with my tank, the transmitter batteries are dead ; or ready to die....The obvious remedy is to replace the regular batteries by rechargeable ones ...The only problem with rechargeable batteries is that it takes 10 of them ( at 1.2V ) to replace 8 regular ones ( at 1.5V) ; to get the optimal power of the transmitter ....So I added 2 extra rechargeable batteries to my transmitter , and while I was at It ; I welded a Tamiya connector for recharging without taking the batteries out of the unit....And while I was at It , I mounted a camera bracket on the transmitter , so I can video-tape ; while having both hands free to control my tank ....Here's what It looks like ...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10700.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1711085  
Old 01-07-2012, 08:21 PM
mcovalsk

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Modified H.L. transmitter

I don't think so. Most of 1.5 alkaline bateries drops to 1,3v in few minutes meanwhile good NiCd keep 1.2 during long time, just you could see the discharge curve from sanyo and Duracell for several drain currents.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, his reasoning is slightly flawed. You would have a bigger problem with over voltage with that trick. wont be long till you fry that transmitter.
 What everyone needs to remember is that the HL Tx and Rx are not of hobby grade equipment just like the tanks.
They are great for what they are but still below Hobby Grade. Another poster has fryed 3 Tx's by adding Lipo batteries. That is a big no no with this stuff. Just not made for it.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:28 AM
vett guy

go get some nmhi bats 2000mh put a charge port on the trans. yes hl stuff can handel more than the tamaya guys want to admit. hl kt brass 3/1 s 2 groptener speed 480 bb race motors 2 3000 mh bats . stock rx18 with fan got rock stuck in tracks stalled motor didnt cookit.  stick in tracks just eats them up like a chain saw. no guts no glory lol.tamaya guys look at all metal sherman then tell just how good your tanks are.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all, No one even mentioned Tamiya so take that opinion some place else. What was stated is that on the very same day this was posted another poster fried 3 HL Tx's just buy using a lipo battery with higher voltage.
1 HL tx's cant use Lipo's
2 HL tx's are very sensitive to over voltage . Period.
Those are the facts and that is what was stated.

3 It is a good idea to use quality rechargable batterries if you like.
4 You can even put in a charge port if you like But since I don't think it is ever a good idea to charge batteries inside of a Tx or a tank that is up to you and your own risk. Batteries get Hot when charging and I dont trust any of them even if it is only a 20.00 dollar Tx.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:44 PM
TeTris MoNk

Reciever batteries die fast? I'm using Duracell batteries and I'm still using the same 8 when I got my Bulldog.