Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Jagdtiger from Heng Feng

Old 01-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Danish Commander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jagdtiger from Heng Feng

Hello all tankers

Got my Jagdtiger from Heng Feng, Heng Feng ??? I do not recognize this brand then I buy this new tiger (from UK). Some who have experience with this brand ?

I can't recommended this poor Jagdtiger, plastic tracks broken apart (nearly), because idler whell was broken off. (half broken off then I open the box).

The electronic is not stable, one gearbox do not drive back - Need I say more about this tank. ?

Other RCU-members got the same problems like me. ?

I have uploadet some picture, one photo of broken belts and one photo from the electronics inside the tank
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34941.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1714770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy77920.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	1714771  
Old 01-16-2012, 08:17 AM
wright 971

Default RE: Jagdtiger from Heng Feng

Hi ,Well you were going to modife it ,it needs to lengthend ,also needs to have a idler tensioner so you might as well fit a metal upgrade and as fro the tracks fit metal ones as well new gearboxes and fit the SLU you will have a cracking model .

We always seem to pay a small fortune for a very basic model the spend a large fortune to make it correct.

regards pete
Old 01-16-2012, 08:36 AM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have you seen this build?

http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forum...hp?f=23&t=8673
Old 01-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Buckeye36
My Feedback: (3)

That sucks, have you contacted the retailer about getting a refund?
Old 01-16-2012, 10:53 AM
sevoblast

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

And then there's this one on this forum.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_93...tm.htm#9377223
Old 01-16-2012, 01:01 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob, you just gave me the chillsremembering my wechoe JTbuild. Fun, but lots of work getting all those angles!

Name:	Pn35725.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1715004   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14671.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1715005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ye84422.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1715006  
Old 01-16-2012, 10:02 PM
sevoblast

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

There were times when I questioned my sanity for starting that project, but in the end it was worth while. Still, talk about a learning experience!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:51 AM
STO_118

I do, the idler is most likely shipping damage and should be the reported to the vendor first.

Not sure what caused the track link damage as it is most likely on the other side of the track. Occasionally the pin may cause the link to split when originally inserted or if it was loose and then run it could have damaged it. Either way again that should be reported back to the vendor.

The electronics and gearbox are not particularly good but it might be worth checking the soldering on the motor and control board to make sure the gearbox has power, if it does and it is still not running there is probably an alignment problem with that box.

If you bought it from the UK I have a fairly good idea who the vendor is and they are normally quite good, although if you are in a different country that will complicate things.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

ORIGINAL: Danish Commander

Hello all tankers

Got my Jagdtiger from Heng Feng, Heng Feng ??? I do not recognize this brand then I buy this new tiger (from UK). Some who have experience with this brand ?
The guts of it are the old Mato KingTiger, and the only reason you bought one of those was because you weren't into tanks enough to justify the Tamiya version at the time (reason I bought my first one) or they were on offer at a heavy discount (reason I bought my second one ).
Matorro don't sell it anymore, which is rumoured to be why this version has sprung up as a not Heng Long / not Matorro branded item.

The tracks can prone to splitting, I'm told this isn't unusual to happen to the Tamiya tracks either - you can even use spare Tamiya links to fix it . I'm not sure I'd go down the route of metal tracks as the hull is not up to Heng Long standards and the tracks are very heavy. The gearboxes will have to go in anycase if you want to do this. I've not had the broken idler problem, I think you just got unlucky there.

From what I have seen in photo's they can be tweaked and painted up to look ok if you don't want a battle tank, and you don't feel up to scratch building an upper for a HL or a Tamiya. If you want to improve it as a runner then you're either going to have to hack the chassis about to fit HL gears (because I don't think you can get the drop in brass replacements that were designed for this hull any more) or bite the bullet and get the new Asiatam style replacement hull and go from there.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:39 PM
uhu

Hi Danish_Commander

I've got one from UK two weeks ago and, fortunately for me, it arrived without damage, my location is Spain.

The name of the new brand is Heng Feng, but if you strip the adhesive in the bottom of the tub, Matorro appears.....the electronics, gears, wheels and the whole tub-hull are exactly the same as those of the Matorro Königstiger, including the "bulge" in the bottom glacis and the ****** Zimmerit there and in the rear glacis.
I wanted to give a try at a light modification to build a Jagdtiger-oid, but I've found too many errors to go the easy way.
It seems they have put some effort in reproducing some details characteristics of the Jagdtiger...to no avail, the armoured cover of the front fan is too small, the support for the MG has no location, the covers of the engine room fans have too coarse details, etc.
Let's not forget the Zimmerit that has to be eliminated front&rear.
Length is that of a Königstiger, and that implies lenghtening the hull by some 23-24mm, and the superstructure according to it.
Suspension is the same as the old Heng Longs Tigers had, only different shape of the arms, not for a runner, and the tank sits too low.
Now the real bad news, the sides of the casemate have a different angle than the sides of the Königstiger's upper hull, and its height is too short.....there's not an easy fix fot it, the whole casemate is clearly out of scale.
I plan in lenghtening+reinforcing the tub, re-placing the idler wheels with added track tensioners, and modify the whole upper hull.

Now I think I should have taken the WeCoHe way, but I was curious about that "Jagdtiger".....buy cheap, buy twice....

Regards
Uhu

Name:	Zx72702.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	1715481  
Old 01-20-2012, 04:04 AM
Danish Commander

Hello all
Thanks for all the good advice, and yes I have contacted the seller, no refonds, I have paid the shipping cost very low, the model is out of ordre, so I decided to keep the jagdtiger. Will put El-mod and some new gearboxe in the jagdtiger, and maybe some new metal wheels. I will read the website from yours messages for some good tips.

Thanks guys
Old 01-20-2012, 09:20 AM
vett guy

looks like my former pantigerjunk from banna hobbys.a well good way to learn about tank.lol
Old 01-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Panther F

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Yeah, the dimensional errors on the superstructure is what jumps out at me. I really can't get past that too much to notice to other issues. It's a poor mans Jagdtiger (which describes me) but planning on correcting them might drive one deeper into debt. LOL

I still want one but must think twice about one of these for sure. The other route and I'll definitely need to sell off a few organs!

~ Jeff
Old 01-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Panther G

I'm not so sure about the terror of the Allies. One Mosquito and it was scrap metal. Besides, half the crews had no idea how to imploy them and wrecked most of them. If the Germans could even get them rail shipped to the correct place.
 Read Carious's book. It was a big mean gun but most of the so called officers in charge had no idea what to do with them.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:39 AM
STO_118

Did you try asking them for a part refund? It is not economical to return an item internationally, for the most part it isn't economically to return a tank to the seller domestically in the UK so a part refund is what I would have asked for.

Even though you are outside of the UK you still have some basic rights regarding purchasing items within the EU.

Have a look here:

http://www.forbrugereuropa.dk/

for more information.

Like many sellers of the tanks they don't check them before dispatch so many could be dispatched with flaws and damage that were present on the assembly line.

The Matorro tank isn't too bad, obviously they made compromises to keep the price down the best upgrade you can do is replace the bottom end with the Heng Long KT Porsche at least that way you will be able to use a wider range of gearboxes, wheels and tracks. Although it does need work to do.

I can't comment on the Heng Feng/Mato/Torro thing but can say Heng Feng at the  moment produce the King Tiger, Jagdtiger, Sturmtiger and the Tiger I.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Panther F

Also, the open pin design of the tracks is what caused them to break. A closed pin type is better but of course metal tracks is a a lot better too.

~ Jeff
Old 02-14-2012, 03:20 AM
Danish Commander

Hello tankers

Here is a new picture of my Jagdtiger - from Mato. All electronics are now removed from a Tamiya lower hall, El-mod will be built into the hall, some new gearbox 3:1 will be install. tomorrow. I will put some new photo next week in this mail.

I have too buy some new drive sprocket (A) wheel, Tamiya drive sprocket wheel don't fit in my new gearbox from RCtank.de. I now use some HL sprocket wheel, the fit.

The old lower hall from Mato, I will remove gearbox and eletronics and replace it with RX-18, and some new 3:1 gearbox install. Maybe put a Tamiya KT upper hall on the lower hall. Here must I make some cut so the pieces fit

Name:	Bz78705.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1726832  
Old 02-14-2012, 05:48 AM
Panther F

This is a perfect picture of the incorrect angles. The upper superstructure angle should be flush with the upper hull ... not two different angles but a straight line down.

I don't think that can be fixed at all.

~ Jeff

Name:	Pn37028.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1726871  
Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 AM
karel47

ORIGINAL: Danish Commander

Hello all tankers

I can't recommended this poor Jagdtiger, plastic tracks broken apart (nearly), because idler whell was broken off. (half broken off then I open the box).

The electronic is not stable, one gearbox do not drive back - Need I say more about this tank. ?

Other RCU-members got the same problems like me. ?

I have uploadet some picture, one photo of broken belts and one photo from the electronics inside the tank

try this link, my jagdtiger is almost scratchbuild you can do that also , no PE is used all selfmade

the chassis is from tam porsche KT, the calliotes from profesional kits

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_95...tm.htm#9532129
Old 02-14-2012, 10:19 AM
DirtyBird69

No big deal..My "2 year" M41 project, I didn't want to take the plastictracks apart to remove them and I replaced the plastic idler with the real nice Henntech ones So I simply broke the tracks to get them off and sawed of the plastic idlers&mountsoffall at the same time lol. You would have upgradded all that stuff anyways so what's the big deal?...look at it this way , he saved you some work lol. personally I wish you could by tanks minus the plastic tracks/idlers....then you you could go straight to installing quality parts...just my two cents
Old 02-14-2012, 10:20 AM
DirtyBird69

arrgh, this website is becoming such a joke! I try to download a post and it keeps giving me error messages, so I re-try to download...then come to find it posted both!...ARRRGH
Old 02-14-2012, 10:41 AM
mustclime

its gotten to the point that I am right clicking and saving each post before I hit ok.....this site is toast....
Old 02-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Panther F

Too bad the yahoo forums do not support images or one of us could start a new one. I too, copy the work before hitting send because you'll never know when it'll

grenade on ya.

~ Jeff
Old 02-14-2012, 11:41 PM
Danish Commander

Hi Karel47
Thanks for the link, many good tips and very nice photos.