Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Looking for 1/18 Tank Parts Source

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Looking for 1/18 Tank Parts Source

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 06:53 PM
George Jure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 1/18 Tank Parts Source

Hello Everyone

First off, I did try a search here for this with No luck. So here goes, I need help finding Two 1/18 Turret Rings and drive gears. I would like to Finally finish converting over to R.C my 1/18 Bradley and my 1/18 LAV25.

I would like to have their turrets rotate BUT I don`t want to buy two complete tanks to just get those parts. Can anyone help me with a source of these parts OR does anyone have them laying around and would want to part with them?

Please let me know and Thanks for Your Time and Help.

George
Old 04-12-2012, 07:04 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Looking for 1/18 Tank Parts Source

Not sure if this helps, but RCTankwars carries the rotation units and turret rings for HL tanks. maybe this is what you need to make the 1/18 scale work?
Old 04-13-2012, 04:06 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Hello George

If you are handy with gears, you could try getting a gearbag assortment that Tamiya makes for DIY projects and use a hacked servo for the drive motor.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Panther G

Drives will be the easy part. Getting traverse rings in that scale is not going to be easy. I dont know of any 1:18 tanks with motorized traverse.
 You will most likely need to adapt an HL 1:16 ring to your vehicles. What makes it even more difficult is the vehicles you are modeling. They certainly don't use full size turret rings to begin with.  HL Pz III turrets will probably be your best source for the parts.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

or you mioght beable to go with 1/24th scale you might beable to adapt something using the parts from that scale

this Abrams i picked up at the value village secondhand store has aturret that turns and elevation just a thought that there are other options just incase one don't work there could be others
Old 04-15-2012, 01:47 PM
George Jure

Hello All

Thanks for the tips Esp. Airbrushler but I don`t have anything in my area store like that, 1/24 tank. Also ALL I want to find is the traverse ring x 2 I can make my own servo driven gear for it and I don`t need the gun elevation gear, I can make that myself.

So besides going to HL for the turret ring then having to cut it up to make it smaller to use in my Two 1/18 projects, I like the 1/24 idea But can anyone point me to a source for that part?

Thanks Again for All the tips.

George
Old 04-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Oldarmr

Hello,

I don't reply here often, usually just sit back and enjoy what you guys do, if its any help 21st century toys made a 1/18 scale Panzer IV in remote control, there also was a 1/18 tank out a few years ago, it went under the logo of tanks of war, it also was a RC, I got one off of ebay.

As far as if the turrets move, I can't answer that, I could if your interested dig the one I have out and see, not sure this would help, but thought I'd throw it out there.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I can't remember who it was who did a 21st century Patton and they used the ring from the 1/24 vstanks. And I think you can order those directly from their company website.

Cheers
Wade
Old 04-15-2012, 06:40 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

I think this is the Tank Wade was talking about .

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_76...tm.htm#7601098

Jimmy
Old 04-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Panther G

ORIGINAL: George Jure
Well you really cant cut up the turret ring to make it smaller. You can reduce the diameter and keep the same radious. It is just not possible. If you try to take out a section of the ring then try to reclose the radious, it will not be round.
Hello All

Thanks for the tips Esp. Airbrushler but I don`t have anything in my area store like that, 1/24 tank. Also ALL I want to find is the traverse ring x 2 I can make my own servo driven gear for it and I don`t need the gun elevation gear, I can make that myself.

So besides going to HL for the turret ring then having to cut it up to make it smaller to use in my Two 1/18 projects, I like the 1/24 idea But can anyto aone point me source for that part?

Thanks Again for All the tips.

George
Old 04-17-2012, 07:38 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

I haven't seen this post in a while. I have sent George a PM. I may have some parts for him. I am confident he could convert both his tanks.