Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Resistance is Futile ... 1/16 here I come!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Resistance is Futile ... 1/16 here I come!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 10:17 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resistance is Futile ... 1/16 here I come!

OK, first off ... I really, really, really, did not want to move up to 1/16 scale tanks ... regardless of how awesome I always knew they would be, everything about them is much more expensive, & I like my 1/24 VsTank tanks very much (go ahead, make fun ). But because of certain lacking features in 1/24, which my preferred VsTank models may never see in them, I decided I couldn't resist the over-whelming urge to focus my resources (little as they are) to make the jump up to the 1/16 scale tanks!

I don't have a ton of money to throw down into tanks right now, & since I have this serious flaw where I won't be satisfied owning just 1 tank, Tamiya was obviously out of the question ... at least for the time being.

Soooooo, I will soon be the owner of 2 new Super IR Version Heng Long tanks, a KV-1 & Panther, both with their metal upgrade packages, & both recently ordered through Matomart ...
... which leads me to my first problem with my very first order from Matomart, go figure, here are the nitty gritty boring details, as if anyone really wanted to know!

May 14th - I ordered the 2 tank kits along with an extra RX-18 & IR sensor towers, & my Paypal payment showed as paid for the order.
May 14th - 11:52am, Matomart website, the new order showed a status of Pending.
May 15th - 9:50am, Matomart website, the order showed as Processed, & showed a new single UPS tracking number.
May 15th - UPSwebsite, the status for the tracking number given showed something along the lines of, "Waiting for package from sender", & showed 2 packages with 2 tracking numbers for my order
May 16th - 12:47am, UPS website. status for order showed "Order Processed: Ready for UPS"
awesome I thought, orders on their way soon, that was quick!
May 16th - 12:50am, I received an email from Matomart with the one tracking number, which I already knew, & order still seemed like everything was OK.
May 16th - 10:24am, Matomart website, my order status now seemed to be changed back to Pending?
I thought, what the heck is happening? No email, UPS website still showed "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" at that time.
May 16th - 1:13pm, UPS website, status for order now updated to show "Voided Information Received", along with "The sender has voided the UPS tracking number created for this shipment. UPS does not have possession of this shipment.", for both packages.
May 16th - No email from Matomart about the voided packages, so at 4:59pm I sent them an email asking about the voided packages & an order update status.
May 17th - 3:45am, Matomart responds to my email stating 2 issues with my order ... they had no KV-1 tanks in stock & they had no Panther metal tracks in stock to complete the order. They ask me what do I want to do ... cancel entire order & order later when they should have everything, or just be sent what they have in stock?
May 17th - 12:27pm, after just reading the response email from Matomart, I respond with how I want them to handle my order situation.
May 17th - 8:48pm, though I didn't get a response to my last email sent, Matomart website shows order status as Pending again, but also shows a new UPS tracking number.
May 18th - 12:20am, UPSwebsite, "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking statusincluding the scheduled delivery datewill be updated.", & 2 new package statuses with tracking numbers are listed for the order.

The wait & anticipation continues ....
They did say the KV-1 & Panther tracks should be back in stock in a shipment they are supposed to be receiving in about 10 days

OK, at this point I figure why cancel the entire order, they had the full payment & I was jumping in anyway, right? Besides, what guarantee would I have if I wait 2 weeks & then do the whole order again, that they won't be out of stock on at least one or more items again?

I'm assuming, since I haven't received any email back from them yet after responding last, they should be sending me the Panther, RX-18, & sensors in these 2 new packages. You know, & I forgot to ask them to send the KV-1 metal tracks along with this shipment too, darn it.

Though I hate it when an online company allows customers to add OOS items for purchase without alerting them to possible delays it may cause their orders, & knowing this might happen when I decided to try Matomart, I just can't help myself from still going for the lowest pricing I find ... someone please help me, I'm a sick pup!

I must admit, though I didn't receive any notification emails from Matomart initially as things were going south with this order, they did at least respond to my emails sent to them in a timely enough manner. I hope the rest of this transaction goes well, I need at least 2 tanks just to test these new waters where I'm about to drown myself ...

Best regards to all my new fellow 1/16th tankers!
Craig

Old 05-18-2012, 04:15 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Resistance is Futile ... 1/16 here I come!

Welcome to the larger scale of this addictive hobby!  I've only had good experience's with Matomart so don't know what to tell you about that.
I'm planning on building a battlefield for 1/16 tanks on my property in West Grove PA this fall, and it looks like your something like 65 miles from me? 
Old 05-18-2012, 04:21 AM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome....Ibought 2 kingtigers from them and they have been very quick shipers.....if you feel like a drive this sunday, NEAD is having a battle in north jerzy.....here is the thread......

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11085500

with any luck, someone might have a tank you can barrow for a battle or two.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:09 AM
ausf

I've ordered twice from them and no problems at all. Faster shipping from Ontario to NY than I usually get from CA. I only ordered tanks, not multiple items, but I do agree, either have real time inventory or quick and clear communications.

I did notice slow response time to emails, but the order processing is sharp.

Hope you have better luck this go around and welcome to the world of 1/16.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:24 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: TheBennyB

Welcome to the larger scale of this addictive hobby! I've only had good experience's with Matomart so don't know what to tell you about that.
I'm planning on building a battlefield for 1/16 tanks on my property in West Grove PAthis fall, and it looks like your something like 65 miles from me?
Yes, something like 60-65 miles, or about 1hr20 - 1hr45min depending on traffic.
Make sure you start a new thread & upload pictures / video of your battlefield under construction & completed if you have time!

Old 05-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Panther G

Well, this is really not that unusuall especially with everything coming from China. which it is. when companies are out of stock they are pretty much at the mercy of the manufacturers.
 I have been waiting for a complete El-mod system for just about 4 months now,Some crap about it being held up in customs in Germany. now  I purchased it through a very reputable vender who i trust completely so i know i will get it eventually. If i don't i know i'll get my money back. When you say you just have to go for the cheapest price you find, That is also the service you will get.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:46 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: ausf

I've ordered twice from them and no problems at all. Faster shipping from Ontario to NY than I usually get from CA. I only ordered tanks, not multiple items, but I do agree, either have real time inventory or quick and clear communications.

I did notice slow response time to emails, but the order processing is sharp.

Hope you have better luck this go around and welcome to the world of 1/16.
Thanks for the welcoming. Yeah, I'm not worried, even if everything was going perfect, I just wanted to post the full experience of my 1st transaction, good, bad, or indifferent ... it just so happened it had an initial snag, oh well. Either way I did enough research to limit the companies to a select few, all of whom I believed could be trustworthy enough to deal with (including Matomart), & then I chose the lowest pricing between them, & made a quick purchase.

I know there are people who are less than pleased with Matomart, for their own reasons, but there certainly are plenty of supporters that seem more than balance the scale toward positive for me, so I'll just have to see how this all ends since the choice is already made.

I just got another email & the new tracking number, UPS website has shown they received the package for shipment. Matomart stated it contains the Panther, rx-18, & sensors.

Old 05-19-2012, 04:21 AM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TheBennyB

Welcome to the larger scale of this addictive hobby! I've only had good experience's with Matomart so don't know what to tell you about that.
I'm planning on building a battlefield for 1/16 tanks on my property in West Grove PA this fall, and it looks like your something like 65 miles from me?
Hi Brett,
Craig has started his own RC tank club in the greater Harleysville area. I know the region well and have family in Telford & Perkasie. They used to live in Lansdale. I PM'ed him a while back and joined his club. He was invited to our NEAD May battleday.

Here is his prompt and honest answer:

"I absolutely know I would have a great time coming to your battle day Bob, so I do thank you for the extended personal invitation by PM to your upcomimg NEAD event, sorry to inform that I will not be attending.

Some day I do hope to be able take the time & spend the money to travel the hundreds of miles & many hours to visit & battle with other clubs such as NEAD, but right now it makes more sense to me, with both time & money being so sparce, to concentrate all my focus on spending every little bit of the resources I have available on my own club & RC tank equipment at this time.

If the right time & circumstances for me come up at some later date, I will definitely entertain the thought of dropping in on one of your NEAD events. I hope your battle day is very successful, & I will be looking forward to your forum posts showing all the great pictures/video you & your club members will be able to post from it. Regards, Craig"

Hi Craig,
I'm sure you Mato will treat you right. I've had problems too and they always straighten things out in the end. Their communication skills are NOT very good, but satisfactory. H L quality is still no where near Tamiya, but steadily increasing. I hope you are getting the Panther G and NOT the "Pan-tiger". DO MAKE SURE OF THIS!!!
The KV looks great as does the Panther. Each can be upgraded to a DBU (Davids Battle Unit) for Tamiya batttles. THE IR versions are the best choice so you did well. The KV is a slug when down to its last few hits. Needs smaller pinions. Here is a pic of my DBU HL KV1 at Danville. It made Ace it's first day, but was underpowered. The Idlers are also very weak. We will help you get up to speed ASAP and on budget. BTW each of the guys who answered this post thusfar are NEAD members or attend our events. NOW you have to join....LOL

Bob, NEAD CO

Sorry. Can't get any pix uploaded for 3 days now...HEY RCU What going on with da pix???

Old 05-19-2012, 09:52 AM
1sgt

I have ordered many tanks and parts from Mato with out any problems except one. I had ordered some parts ( not advertised but offered from an email asking if such a part was available to order from Mato ). I sent them a couple emails and finally the parts arrived. As a consolation for my waite of about a month, they sent me some free stuff that they thought I may like ( couple of crystals and extra muzzel brake( the part I had originally ordered) a German tank commander and a set of towing cables from the Panther G ). Now I thought that was prety cool concidering they didn't have to do it at all.

Jim