Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya M26

Old 07-21-2012, 09:22 AM
ROLLIN ARMOUR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya M26

I finally got a Tamiya tank. I wanted the Panzer IV but the price was to good to pass up. I am sitting here reading over the directions and I came to step 35 and the instructions say Do Not Attach Side Skirts when running the model. Whats up with that? Can someone who has a M26 please explain?
Old 07-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Martellus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tamiya M26

I assume maybe they are worried the skirts will get caught on treads or something?
Old 07-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Panzerpaul

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Mine have been on for years and never had a problem. Guess I missed that instruction. LOL LOL

Put them on and have fun. PP
Old 07-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: ROLLIN ARMOUR

I finally got a Tamiya tank. I wanted the Panzer IV but the price was to good to pass up. I am sitting here reading over the directions and I came to step 35 and the instructions say Do Not Attach Side Skirts when running the model. Whats up with that? Can someone who has a M26 please explain?

With all due respect, do not read into much of the instructions. As a matter of fact, don't read them at all. These are the same people who say to use the track guards (MP1 & MP2) or "safety fenders" LOL on the M4 Sherman, which look gaudy. It's just a safety precaution.

Check out YouTube for verification of the use and operation of the fenders on the Tamiya Pershing. It's fine to operate the tank with them as I had them on originally for mine, then modified it to the M26A1 and left them off.

HTH

~ Jeff
Old 07-21-2012, 12:02 PM
texchap

I've run mine and battled with the skirts on.   no problems.....  

Old 07-21-2012, 01:08 PM
ROLLIN ARMOUR

Thanks fellow Tankers. I am going to start working on this tank tomorrow. Still need to get radio gear. I gotta tell you guys I am very impressed with this kit. It is just like the Tamiya 1/35th tank models that I have built since I was a kid.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: ROLLIN ARMOUR

~~~~~~~~
Regarding the side skirt issue........
The attorneys in the Corporate Legal Department (party of the first part) have cautioned that an alleged person (party of the second part) who was not careful (i.e., a klutz) could trip and fall in front of their tank while operating it. If the alleged "klutz" held out their hand to stop it from bumping into them, they could injure, or amputate, a finger that was caught between the side skirt and the track. This could cause physical and psychological trauma. A class action suit could result in the possibility that someone could become the new owner of the company, and start building tanks that are needed and wanted........LIKE WWII BRITISH TANKS !!!!!!! The benefit of this would be a 90% payoff to the legal counsel, and a generous 10% investment in new tooling for those who buy these products.

Make no mistake ...... side skirts can be deadly.

Rex

Heck..... anything in skirts can be dangerous
Old 07-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Darryl Usher

You will have a hard time with rear side screws with skirt down.
Darryl