Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Mato Mart WARNING!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 07:42 PM
DirtyBird69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mato Mart WARNING!!!!

Just FYI guys, I've never had a problem with Mato till this last debacle with a KV-1 I ordered from them almost a month ago. It came out of the box with numerous defects(broken transmitter stick,chips in the body, as well as a broken suspension arm). Needless to say I sent it back a day or two later(cost me $45) and when they sent me a replacement(which they supposedly checked thoroughly), I pulled it out of the boxand come to find all the return rollers locked upon on the left side.....I did manage to get one to turn with much effort but you can tell it puts a ton of strain on it(you can see all the excess glue coming out from between the roller wheels).They were suppose to send me a new tank, but I think all they did was just bodge some differentparts on the original tank as everything came in the same exact boxes I sent back(even the same HL box).Anyways I finally got sick of all the nonsense tonightand filed a claim with eBay(which I know I will win). But what really amazes me is that Matois actually accusing me of breaking both of them even though neither were out of the box for more then 20 min(I never even ran them)!...Unbelievable...I've owned several HL's from other sellersand neverhad a problem with any of them. All I want is a tank that comes out of the box without any major defects(is that too much to ask?)!But this is the first time I've ordered something from Mato other then smallstuff,and it's been nothing but a nightmare...So I'm just sending out a word of warningabout Mato Mart,as itseems like their quality control/ customer serviceis way down.......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38764.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1802341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Of58997.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1802342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wc23802.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1802343  
Old 09-17-2012, 08:07 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mato Mart WARNING!!!!

Save the headaches man. Buy one from Phil at rctankwars. you will get one in good shape from him, unless shipping causes any damage to it.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:11 PM
DirtyBird69

Yup, I tried Phil firstand he was out of KV-1'sand I figured Mato had a good rep, so Igave them a shot....what a mistake lol.. At this point I'd rather order from Welsh Dragon Modelsacross the pond then MatoMartjust up the road in Canada....[:@]

apparently I'm not the only one....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10385869
Old 09-18-2012, 12:58 AM
1sgt

DB,
You mentioned filing a complaint with EBay. Mato sells from there own site. Perhaps your talking of a HL tank you bought on ebay and are having problems with that seller, not Mato. For what it's worth, I have had good coustomer service from Mato by following their guidlines. Anything I have found broke, they promply replaced it. I'm sorry to hear of your problems.

Jim
Old 09-18-2012, 01:34 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Dirty Bird sorry to hear about that but i always had great service from MatoMart
i would order from them everytime i mean as far as a crack in a swingarm i don't think anyone would notice that being that they are covered by a road wheel don't think even Phil would notice that unless he took it apart. you know what the HL tanks are like i don't think this is something to blame on MatoMart but just the old HL thing i;m sure someone on here might even have a few swing arms to replace it even you never know ...just my thought again i would order from MatoMart anytime
Old 09-18-2012, 05:38 AM
DirtyBird69

No Mato sells on eBay as well..they call themselves "RC-DYNASTY". I like using eBay asfor the protection they offer againstshotty goods(plus sellers have more pressure to protect their feedback)...maybe it's just bad luck on my part, but all these problems could easily have been found....All theyhad to do is pull the dam tank out of the box and check to see thatALL the wheels turn freely, there are no cracks/chips in the body, and maybe check that the transmitteris ok.....takes like 2 minutes to do, then stick it back in the box and ship it.....

ORIGINAL: 1sgt

DB,
You mentioned filing a complaint with EBay. Mato sells from there own site. Perhaps your talking of a HL tank you bought on ebay and are having problems with that seller, not Mato. For what it's worth, I have had good coustomer service from Mato by following their guidlines. Anything I have found broke, they promply replaced it. I'm sorry to hear of your problems.

Jim
Old 09-18-2012, 05:44 AM
DirtyBird69

I hear ya brushler....if it was something simple like a swingarm I'd have no problem, but both tanks have had siginicantly more/bigger problems then a simple little fix like that....If they just do a quick check/test like Phil does they would have no problems at all.....at leastjust a thorough visual inspection would be nice.....that wouldhavesaved both of us a ton of trouble....

ORIGINAL: Airbrushler

Dirty Bird sorry to hear about that but i always had great service from MatoMart
i would order from them everytime i mean as far as a crack in a swingarm i don't think anyone would notice that being that they are covered by a road wheel don't think even Phil would notice that unless he took it apart. you know what the HL tanks are like i don't think this is something to blame on MatoMart but just the old HL thing i;m sure someone on here might even have a few swing arms to replace it even you never know ...just my thought again i would order from MatoMart anytime
Old 09-18-2012, 11:32 AM
DirtyBird69

****UPDATE****...eBay found in my favor and gave me a full refund(including shipping)...Bottom line I'm only out about $45 for shipping the first tank back...oh well I guess I'll chalk it up as a "stupid-tax"...[&:]
Old 09-18-2012, 03:40 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is really unfortunate. I have always had good luck with Mato, but you are not the first to have an issue over the years. Typically when you can produce a picture of the damage, they have always been good about doing something to rectify the situation.

Bottom line is every big warehouse retailer has had issue over the years. Mato was the best of the bunch, but even they have had the odd case like yours over the years
Old 09-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Glen B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: YHR

That is really unfortunate. I have always had good luck with Mato, but you are not the first to have an issue over the years. Typically when you can produce a picture of the damage, they have always been good about doing something to rectify the situation.

Bottom line is every big warehouse retailer has had issue over the years. Mato was the best of the bunch, but even they have had the odd case like yours over the years
I agree.

I have bought 8 of them and they all worked. My one Panther had a lot of broken internal parts which I repaired.

I buy them as a basis for conversions with new electronics, upgraded drives and total re-finish, though.

At the price point, relative compexity and sales volume, there are bound to be some problems out there.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Panther G

Ive had that type of experience with every Mato order ive ever placed. Just didn;t want to make to many waves. Sorry to hear that mate.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Panther G

Ive had that type of experience with every Mato order ive ever placed. Just didn;t want to make to many waves. Sorry to hear that mate.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:47 PM
DirtyBird69

Well I sent the second tank back to matomart today(but I paid them for the track upgrade kit which I wanted to keep)....have everything else I need for my KV-2 exceptthe tank lol...This time I'm gonna wait till Phil gets some in stock in the next couple of weeks and be done with it...

lesson learned....