Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

batteries

Old 09-29-2012, 10:12 PM
dash69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default batteries

need a siurce for batteries for the tanks please
Old 09-30-2012, 04:56 AM
Green Amphibian

Default RE: batteries

Any good hobby shop. You can also go to King RC On-Line Hobby Shop for batteries and connectors.

Herman

Old 09-30-2012, 06:00 AM
danlrc

Try here:
http://www.batteryspace.com/

They have all types of batteries, in any size and configuration you want, with any connector. Their prices are very good and theer is a lot of good battery tech info on their site.

I use them for R/C batts and for divng equipment, etc. and the packs are great.

For tanks, I have been gettting 5000mAH "C" batts x 6 packs in a "brick" configuration. The best batts for tanksin my opinion are Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batts. I'm still not at the point of switching over to lithium batts cuz I don't know enough about them, but Batterspace has them too if you want lithium instead of NiMH.

Here's an example of a pack similar to what i use. You can request the desired connector:
http://www.batteryspace.com/nimhbatt...ledevices.aspx
Old 09-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

We're using 2 cell Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePo4) batteries.  They have less power output than Lithium Polymer (LiPo), but are much safer (no fire danger like LiPos), which allows us to charge them inside tanks.  These are 3.3v/cell (unlike Lithium Polymer (LiPo) which are 3.7v/cell).  At 6.6 v. for a 2 cell pack, (about 7.2v fully charged), they work grea,t and we've been using them in most of our tanks now for about two years. 

We buy them from Hobby King and use the 2s  4500 size (cost about 25 bucks each) mostly (due to its ability to fit inside small tanks), but on some tanks (such as heavy battlers with lots of room inside), we use the larger size 8400 which are about double the size of an 4500.  The 8400s fit nicely in Tigers and snugly in King Tigers.  A typical battleday of 6 hours or so consumes about 2000mha, so we can go for 3 or 4 battledays without a recharge.  Plus, they don't lose a charge when stored, unlike a NiMH or NiCad. 

As to installation, we use an adapter to convert the 4mm plugs to a Deans' connector (which we install on all our DMD and MFs)  and an extension to run the balance tap to our charging port location.

You'll need a charger that can do the LiFePo4 battery too.  Not all LiPo chargers can.  I had to buy a new charger and got a Thunderpower TP-610C and a Cellpro 10XP, which I like.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:27 AM
nothinbetr2do

i run these in my tanks http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14988
Old 09-30-2012, 01:03 PM
dash69

Thanks guys for the help.

Be well,

David
Old 09-30-2012, 10:22 PM
thecommander

I run the Venom 5000. I buy my batteries from Karen at the AAF Tank Musuem. At $35 it is a good deal and it fits any connector.

Since the Gasser's support us so much I buy as much as I can from them. My two cents...

It is just this simple... Support those who support us. Here is a link: http://shop.aaftankmuseum.com/search...s.asp?cat=1836
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15550.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1806700  
Attached Images