Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Suggestions on Packaging Tanks?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Suggestions on Packaging Tanks?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suggestions on Packaging Tanks?

Howdy fellas!

Illnesses and the resulting tough times have forced me to sell off most of my tanks. This time around the first to go are the highly detailed Tiger 211 and companion PZIII 212 but am not sure how to package them for transport so the little and big detail items won't get broken off. Original boxes are not available. What do you fellas do?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Green Amphibian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Suggestions on Packaging Tanks?

Myself, I take the turret off and wrap it in bubble wrap separately from the rest of the tank. I then double wall a cardboard box all over that is big enough to hold everything with about a 3" space all around it. I then wrap the tank hull in bubble wrap and then roll and fill any voids in the box with more of it to keep it from moving around. Mark which side should be UP (useless I know) and fragile all over. It has worked for me anyway.

Herman
Old 10-23-2012, 10:50 AM
swathdiver

Thanks Herman.

My turrets have many small items that even bubble wrap could break off, like the gun site spikes on the cupolas. I was thinking of some way to leave those sensitive spots in a supported void, like a piece of plastic.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:16 AM
thecommander

Herman is right on track . As for sesitive items a small plastic cup taped over those sesitive items does work. Do not leave tha battery (if Incl) in the tank. One good method I have used is to wire tie the tank to a very thick piece or several layers of hard cardboard. It is best via the suspension arms so it is very secure. Be sure they will not rip thru yo may need to reinforce them. Then cover the tank with a sturdy carboard box so that nothing can touch the tank. That base and box then boes into a larger box. Be sure to test your work. Separate the hull and turret. I use a lot of bubble wrap and peanuts. Be sure to shake and box and press the peanuts down...they do settle quite a bit. Remove the barrel or put a cardboard tube (papertowel) over the barrel. Small parts should get their own little box inside the main box. Use the already mentioned fragile labels and up arrows, Tape every seam.

Helpful Hint: Write the return and address labels clearly and cover them with clear tape so they can't be easily damaged.

I do recommend insurance and take pix of how you packed it.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:25 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

And put a copy of the 'to' and 'From' in the box with the tank. That way if some fool in Post manages to 'accidently' damage the addy labels, when opened they are in the box too.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Insure it for twice the value...   then if it is lost or damaged you and the buyer both get your money back!