Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Possible HL parts source????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Possible HL parts source????

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Possible HL parts source????

Does anyone know of a possible source for the HL Panzer IV F1 upper hull half? I don't need the turret or anything that is attached to the hull.......just a bare naked top piece. Color doesn't matter, but that desert yellow color would be nice. I really don't want to buy a complete tank just to get that part. See the photo.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45258.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1820319  
Old 11-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Triton-50

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Possible HL parts source????

Hi

Have you tried E Bay under Heng long? Loads of stuff there.

Hope this helps

Stu
Old 11-16-2012, 11:00 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Rex,

I have ordered parts like this through Mato in the past. It does take a while as he picked the parts up himself from the factory and brought them back from China. Not sure if he still does it but it's worth looking into.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I should have said something earlier...........one of our forum members has offered the upper hull that I am (was) looking for.

One thing that kind of amazed me about searching Ebay, as Stu suggested.........I scrolled thu 9 pages of HL products with 200 entries per page! Very interesting, but not fruitful.

Anyhow, I will post photos of my "Pz IV upper hull project" in a few weeks after the paint dries.

Also, I will give full credit to the kind forum member who responded with the necessary part .... if he agrees to (or wants to) be identified and share in the glory of another "You scratchbuilt a what...???" project.

Rex

Old 11-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Bagheera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give Matomart a try at getting the parts. I've ordered guns and mantlets, lower hulls, gear box parts etc. There a good team.

Johnny
Old 11-16-2012, 08:35 PM
FreakyDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you found a source.
In the future though I may be of assistance as I did find a source for parts myself and I am actually going to bring in a few of the more pain in the but things like some of the screws etc. like your hull you never know when you will need them.
ORIGINAL: Rex Ross

Does anyone know of a possible source for the HL Panzer IV F1 upper hull half? I don't need the turret or anything that is attached to the hull.......just a bare naked top piece. Color doesn't matter, but that desert yellow color would be nice. I really don't want to buy a complete tank just to get that part. See the photo.