Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya Choices (opinions)

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Choices (opinions)

Old 01-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Panther F

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya Choices (opinions)

Take a look around... RC is expensive but the Tamiya tank remains the best bang for the buck.

~ Jeff
Old 01-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Rebellion13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh I agree, I have 3 traxxas short course trucks, a traxxas emaxx that is completely customized with around $800 in aftermarket parts. a couple of rc crawlers etc etc. I do know how expensive RC can be, I need to sell some of those lol. I don't mind spending the money if I am going to be involved with the hobby. But I will add, that some of these prices being asked for these tanks are bordering on "obscene". I agree you get what you pay for, and we won't know until its released, but is the JS-2 twice as good as the tiger? If it can do my families laundry and clean up the dog **** in the yard then its worth it. Otherwise I will have to pass, and I do plan on purchasing a tamiya tank, I have a king hauler and have bought other tamiya products in the past, and they are the best of the bunch no doubt.

Cheers,
Wade
Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Panther F

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

You DO realize how old the Tiger I kit is... right?

Man, production and handling costs have increased a lot since then, so why shouldn't THIS reflect it?

So, if you wanna PLAY ya gotta PAY!!

(or buy 2 TI kits)

~ Jeff
Old 01-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Rebellion13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I didn't take that into consideration [&o] lol. But holy crap that is a lot.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:36 AM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is always the E-100.........of corse when I am done it will have cost about the same as the is2 kit and will have more than a 100 hours in it...

If the IS 2 is now out....My next choice would be a panther...made into a panther F......add the bearings, motors and you have a great fighter that is not like everything on the battlefield....