Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

WOT

Old 03-02-2013, 04:49 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default WOT

OK I finally played this game. How do I get on a Clan. DO you guys on RCU have one?
Old 03-02-2013, 05:23 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WOT

Already a thead started here on RCU for WOT where you can discuss this & maybe find one:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10..._1/key_/tm.htm

~ Craig ~
Old 03-02-2013, 05:37 PM
ArmChairGeneral

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only started playing about 3 wks ago - i'd be up for some team play. Do you need to be premium for clan play ? They only allow platoons of 2 for freebee players.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Ronan87

Premium is for:
Extra income.
Extra experience.
Allows you to create a team for up to 3 people.

You don't need to be premium to be in a clan.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Clan stuff CAN get a little involved, ie with scheduled battle nights and voice chat and all that fun stuff, but there are plenty of casual player clans out there. Just ask in game if anyone's looking for members.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Perry S.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clanwars can be quite involved. My clan, DICE, only has about 40 people as we are a relatively new clan. It takes some dedication to be a good clan. You need at least one tier 10 tank which will take some time to grind up to. Clans get together and drill, work out strategies, and conduct live fire exercises in training rooms. The good ones do it about an hr a night. Not so often for us. 

Tank companies can be fun and allows teams to participate at lower tiers. Comms are a must. Some use the built in game comms, others use 3rd party software like teamspeak or ventrillo

Don't let me scare you away. It's a great game. Not entirely historical so don't expect that. They don't claim to be. It is very good with the new physics patch and the battle and shooting mechanics are great. 

Perry

Old 03-02-2013, 07:47 PM
BiggTony

I played it during the beta and was into it for a short time. I just recently got back into it and play it daily for the last couple months. I haven't really worked on one particular nations tier so things are rather slow for me, since I waste xp unlocking tanks rather than getting good with any, lol. Although I think I'm best on my Russian heavies.

gamer tag: dedmonwakin
Old 03-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Rebellion13

Even though there are clan wars, which is quite involved, I think Dan means and I could be wrong but just to have a clan of us on here to play together. I think the clan wars is a neat idea.....I surely wouldn't have the time though.

Cheers,
Wade
Old 03-03-2013, 06:18 AM
YHR

I was a big Red October player, but players have evaporated. I like the graphics on WOT, but find this to be a real arcade type game. Maybe it is because I don't know enough about it, and was thinking getting in a clan would bring some extra realism into it.

I wish I could just get in a Tank I want without all these other hoops. Researching and tank trees will eat up valuable time. I guess that is the point

Thanks for the feedback guys. One of my Daughters is a WOW player. She can probably help me out on this clan stuff if I want to go that way. My question really was has anyone on RCU started a RCU clan and is looking for members. I do not want to spend a crazy amount of time on this though so maybe the best thing to do is just keep playing a rouge tanker

I kind of wish the sides were Axis vs Allies designs without the red outline helping you determine who is friend or foe. If I have this right though the red outline only shows up if a scout tank has come within range of the enemy?
Old 03-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

red outlined tank is a Foe and the green outlined tank is a Friendly when you have your gun targeting it, i play to but not much i get killed really fast in the game this is why i only play once in a while some of these guys just go flying around all over the place come right up to where you are shoot you so fast you can't even do anything about it in time before you are done for and have to bail out of the tank...lol but it is fun
Old 03-03-2013, 07:29 AM
YHR

Ya, it is definately an arcade game, and not a simulation.