Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen Tanks

Old 05-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Taigen Tanks

Taigen Tanks
Taigen Tanks are 1/16th scale remote control battle tanks. They come with exhaust smoke, realistic sound, and recoil. Our tanks come with a 2.4ghz radio, a NIMH battery, and charger. We have infrared and airsoft models, as well as IR modules for battles. We also stock a large selection of parts and have knowledgeableable staff willing to help with questions or problems. Some of our current models are:
    [*]Tiger 1 (early and late model versions, both in plastic and full metal editions)[*]Panzer III[*]Sturmgeschutz III (Stug III)[*]Panzer IV[*]KV-1[*]King Tiger[*]Panther[*]M26[*]M41[/list]I know Taigen is a new name, and a lot of people still dont know too much about them, but I wish to help with that. Please keep it clean and I'll do my best to answer questions. You can always reach us at [email protected] if you have a question as well. I see a lot of people have seen the Tiger 1 and the KV1, so today I'll post a Panzer III and a King Tiger. I'll post pictures of tanks and maybe a video here and there if the demand is there. I am not selling the tanks here, I just want to get the info out.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Imex-Erik

Default RE: Taigen Tanks

Panzer III 1/16 Panzerkampfwagen III Sd Kfz (TAG12080 Airsoft HC version)
Click the picture for a slideshow!

King Tiger 1/16 Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf. B (13005 Airsoft & 13006 IR)

Click for a slideshow!

M26 1/16 USA Heavy Tank Pershing (12060 Airsoft)
Click for a slideshow!

Tiger 1 1/16 Panzerkampfwagen Tiger Ausf. E (12040 Airsoft & 12041 IR)
Click for a slideshow!

Panzer PzKpfw IV Ausf F2.Sd.Kfz. 161/1 (12095 Airsoft HC version)(12097 Airsoft & 12098 IR Pro version)
Click for a slideshow!

Russian KV-1 (13000 Airsoft & 13000 IR)
Click for a slideshow!

Old 05-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Imex-Erik

Tiger 1 Panzerkampfwagen Tiger Ausf. E early version (12010 Airsoft & 12011 IR)
Click for slideshow!

Panther Panzerkampfwagen V Panther Ausf. A (12070 Airsoft)
Click for slideshow!

Tiger 1 Panzerkampfwagen Tiger Ausf. E late version (12020 Airsoft & 12021 IR)
Click for slideshow!

M41 USA Light Tank Walker Bulldog (12050 Airsoft)
Click for slideshow!

Sturmgeschutz III (13015 IR Pro series)(13016 IR metal version HC series)
Click for slideshow!

Tiger 1 early version metal edition (12030 Airsoft/12031 IR)
Click for slideshow!

Panther Ausf. G (13010 Airsoft/13011 IR)
Click for a slideshow!

Panzer IV Dak PZ.Kpfw. IV Ausf. F-1 (12092 Airsoft)
Click for a slideshow!

Old 05-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Imex-Erik

reserved
Old 05-03-2013, 08:50 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Taigen tanks, Heng Longs tanks rebadged with some added on metal upgrades. That has always been my assumption. IF that is not the case then please show us more.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Imex-Erik

ORIGINAL: YHR

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Taigen tanks, Heng Longs tanks rebadged with some added on metal upgrades. That has always been my assumption. IF that is not the case then please show us more.
Some of our tanks use the HL base, but we do upgrade a number of parts including all the elctronics and turret guts. We also replace the gearboxes with an upgraded zinc alloy, hand paint our tanks, and we do offer lots of metal options. You also get the option of having your support in the USA as well

Old 05-03-2013, 09:07 AM
tomhugill

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Those tus in that panther 3 look like zinc alloy and not the black steel tus Im used to....
Old 05-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Imex-Erik

ORIGINAL: tomhugill

Those tus in that panther 3 look like zinc alloy and not the black steel tus Im used to....
I have been asked that question before but when I asked the factory I was told steel.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:19 AM
tomhugill

It would be good to get more input into this as I've never seen steel gears in the HL frames this colour and its a pretty big thing as if they're zinc they will be requiring replacing...
Old 05-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Imex-Erik

ORIGINAL: tomhugill

It would be good to get more input into this as I've never seen steel gears in the HL frames this colour and its a pretty big thing as if they're zinc they will be requiring replacing...
I just sent another letter over to the factory to clear it up. So far I havent seen any striping of the gears since I have started here. There is no plastic at all in our gearboxes

Old 05-03-2013, 09:40 AM
YHR

ORIGINAL: Imex-Erik

Some of our tanks use the HL base, but we do upgrade a number of parts including all the elctronics and turret guts. We also replace the gearboxes with all metal (steel, not the zinc alloy others like to use), hand paint our tanks, and we do offer lots of metal options. You also get the option of having your support in the USA as well

Well that is kind of what I was getting at. For many of us the enjoyment in the hobby is to take an inexpensive Heng Longs and upgrade them complete with electronics, mechanics, and paint. It seems like Taigen is doing that for us, so there in lies the issue, and why you will see Bi Polar views on Taigen tanks.

I have zero interest in the new 2.4 ghz radios in Taigen or Mato tanks as they can not be upgraded with my DBC3's, and I already have a 6 channel 2.4 ghz radio so the" upgraded" electronics are of little value to me.

So that is my perspective. However if you stand behind the product, and the quality control issues are handled before they get shipped then you are doing a service to help grow this hobby, and I respect that. They may not be my cup of tea, but to someone else they may be just what the doctor ordered.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Imex-Erik

Some of our tanks use the HL base, but we do upgrade a number of parts including all the elctronics and turret guts. We also replace the gearboxes with all metal (steel, not the zinc alloy others like to use), hand paint our tanks, and we do offer lots of metal options. You also get the option of having your support in the USA as well

Well that is kind of what I was getting at. For many of us the enjoyment in the hobby is to take an inexpensive Heng Longs and upgrade them complete with electronics, mechanics, and paint. It seems like Taigen is doing that for us, so there in lies the issue, and why you will see Bi Polar views on Taigen tanks.

I have zero interest in the new 2.4 ghz radios in Taigen or Mato tanks as they can not be upgraded with my DBC3's, and I already have a 6 channel 2.4 ghz radio so the" upgraded" electronics are of little value to me.

So that is my perspective. However if you stand behind the product, and the quality control issues are handled before they get shipped then you are doing a service to help grow this hobby, and I respect that. They may not be my cup of tea, but to someone else they may be just what the doctor ordered.

Yea we do stand behind our products and will work with a customer even after sold to help all we can. In fact, I'll be one you will be talking to if you have a problem
I do have good news for the builders though.... a kit will be available soon. We are working on it and will try to push it out as fast as we can.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:15 PM
B/Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of the Taigen upgrade parts look identical to AsiaTam products (not a bad thing). Are the two companies related at all or do they just use the same manufacturer for their parts?

Also, does Taigen have any plans to release upgraded hulls for any other tanks in the near future? The Panther would be an obvious contender and I think the Heng Long Pershing and PzIV are really lacking in upgrade parts in general.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:02 PM
philipat

ORIGINAL: B/Man

A lot of the Taigen upgrade parts look identical to AsiaTam products (not a bad thing). Are the two companies related at all or do they just use the same manufacturer for their parts?

Also, does Taigen have any plans to release upgraded hulls for any other tanks in the near future? The Panther would be an obvious contender and I think the Heng Long Pershing and PzIV are really lacking in upgrade parts in general.
Agreed...these look like AsiaTam's stuff...not that I mind a local(US)supplier. And, I know their quality. So, if it's the same stuff then that is already saying something.

Upgrades to make:
PzIV: how about the metal road wheels and make some metal return rollers (AsiaTam has the former).
M26 and M41: FIX the suspension. Rather than repainting or adding metal bits. Start by fixing the suspension. There should be two road wheels that do NOT have struts on each tank. (not to mention that the M41 is out of scale...good runner, though)

Kit idea is good because the paint job would have to come off anyways since there is a lot of detailing and possible upgrades that would interfere with the paint job. The gearboxes look like the "low-profile" metal boxes that HL made a while back for the Stug. Other sites are advertising a 4:1 steel gear box with black gears.

I am curious about the 2.4 GHz. It looks like the receiver board and the control board are integrated into the same board. Is that right? I don't see the receiver board in the pictures; so, I'm guessing the antenna goes directly to the control board. Does the control board have a plug for headlights and tail lights? M26 and M41 require plugs for both.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:09 AM
M1A2 Commander

ORIGINAL: philipat

Agreed...these look like AsiaTam's stuff...not that I mind a local(US)supplier. And, I know their quality. So, if it's the same stuff then that is already saying something.

Upgrades to make:
PzIV: how about the metal road wheels and make some metal return rollers (AsiaTam has the former).
M26 and M41: FIX the suspension. Rather than repainting or adding metal bits. Start by fixing the suspension. There should be two road wheels that do NOT have struts on each tank. (not to mention that the M41 is out of scale...good runner, though)

Kit idea is good because the paint job would have to come off anyways since there is a lot of detailing and possible upgrades that would interfere with the paint job. The gearboxes look like the "low-profile" metal boxes that HL made a while back for the Stug. Other sites are advertising a 4:1 steel gear box with black gears.

I am curious about the 2.4 GHz. It looks like the receiver board and the control board are integrated into the same board. Is that right? I don't see the receiver board in the pictures; so, I'm guessing the antenna goes directly to the control board. Does the control board have a plug for headlights and tail lights? M26 and M41 require plugs for both.
Hi Philipat,

Yes, the receiver and control board are integrated onto the same board. The lights don’t connect directly to the main board, they connect to a separate board located on the upper hull and that board plugs directly into the main board. Hope this info helps.

Hi B/Man

Sometime in June, there will be upgraded lower hulls for the Panzer III and KV-1. Also coming is Panther metal sprocket, rear idler wheels and metal tracks.

I don’t believe AsiaTam and Taigen are related but like you said they may possibly be sharing manufacturing of parts.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:13 AM
tomhugill

I believe they come from the same factory. I've got to say I'd rather see lower panther and pz IV lower hulls rather than a rebadged copy of things already on the market!

Old 05-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe that advertising in this forum is also against forum rules.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:12 PM
DirtyBird69

well if they actually start installing metal lower chassis/w torsion bar suspension like the tiger and KV-1 they might actually sell some tanks...I like the idea of a "kit" version/w all the upgrades(including metal lower chassis and torque suspension) minus crap radio system...that would be a good value if priced a good bit cheaper then tamiya!
Old 05-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Couldn't agree more, as far as what Asiatam has done for metal lower hulls, the Panther could use this treatment the most; they already have the roadwheels & suspension arms, just add torsion bars The Panzer IV obviously wouldn't benefit from this treatment because, well, it has those awesome external bogies..

Also my next build is a Panzer IV so... bring on the 'Ausf J' parts!!

IMO the BEST thing Taigen could do right now (And I think they're doing a good job already); Offer all the tanks they sell right now in a Kit, with zero electronics, with OPTIONS for gearboxes (The GREY pot metal gears suck and are a waste of money.. however give me the option of the actual STEEL 4:1s, those are the best gears on the market within reasonable price ranges!!!), and you will sell tanks like madness.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:41 PM
philipat

Artistic Hobbies, thanks for the information about the 2.4 GHz board.  How does it accommodate the US tanks (Pershing and Bulldog)?  My Bulldog's tail lights have a white plug at the end of their wires.  I bought it several years ago; so, it was still the RX-13 at the time.  The newer RX-18 lost the plug on the board for the tail lights.  I think that I've seen a side plug on the 8-pin plug you mention that goes on the upper hull.  Is that how the Taigen does their US tanks, too?

The PzIII in the pictures looks like it is using the same lower metal hull as the Asiatam PzIII.  It's a really nice setup with metal running gear and torsion suspension.  I agree that I'd love to a metal hull for the PzIV.  It would be simpler to manufacture since there aren't any torsion bars to add.  And it would be a great opportunity to correct the placement of the 4 return roller and the height of the sprocket.  I want Ausf G parts, too.  Really, that's just same muzzle brake as the StuG III...but in a metal barrel and brake that support airsoft.

I like the "kit" concept in place for the Tiger.  It has a lot of options that can be chosen...like a buffet of parts.    Do that for the others.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Imex-Erik

Hey everyone, hope you had a good weekend! Ok so to answer a few questions....
    [*]Confirmed zinc alloy gearboxes (Thanks everyone for helping clear that up!)[*]We are looking into more upgraded hulls besides the KV-1 and the Panzer 3[*]This isn't advertising, I am just posting pics and answering questions.[/list]Today I'll post a M26 Pershing and a Tiger 1 early edition metal version I'll get the pictures up soon for everyone. Any other tank picture requests?
Old 05-06-2013, 06:07 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Must include pictures of internals!

Just be careful as to what the manufacturer calls 'steel'... every Taigen ive seen, minus the 4:1 aftermarket gears, are the same crappy pot 'metal' they've always been. That's not steel :P
Old 05-06-2013, 06:12 AM
Imex-Erik

Of course

ORIGINAL: Strato50

Must include pictures of internals!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Imex-Erik

Ok, M26 Pershing and a Tiger 1 late model version tanks are up. Tomorrow will be a KV-1 and a Panzer 4. I'll also put up a video of a tank start up and sound tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:21 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Hey everyone, hope you had a good weekend! Ok so to answer a few questions....
    [*]Confirmed steel gears. All steel [/list]
Sorry to do this to you Erik, as I'm really not intending to beat a dead horse, as I know you are trying to be forthright with your responses in an attempt to clarify the information available for these Taigen tanks ... but I have found that questions have not always been understood or answered properly in the past when dealing with the various RC tank manufacturers over seas. Many times you can ask what seems like a very straight forward enough question (in your own mind), & get an answer from them, but in the end you find out the answer was not really correct for the intended question.

In looking at the previous pictures you posted of the Taigen "metal" gearboxes in all 4 of your slide-shows with pictures of the tanks, as others have noticed, they do not look at all like the true steel gears being used in them, but rather look like the same pot metal, white metal, monkey metal, or die-cast zinc metal gears (what ever you want to call this lower quality, soft metal, used for casting the gears) which are used in what Heng Long usually calls their "metal upgrade" tank packages. If they are die-cast zinc, they are metal, but not steel.

For better pictorial reference in this thread, the below is a clean set of metal die-cast zinc gears which had come in my Heng Long Panther G metal upgrade tank, with gears looking the same as those gearboxes in all your slide-shows.

The below image is the typical set of steel gear gearboxes, which the gears are usually black in color, & are indeed steel gears in them opposed to the cheaply made & much softer (prone to stripping teeth) pot metal, die-cast zinc gears.

Since the pot metal gears are not considered steel gears, & all your earlier slide-show pictures have shown what look like die-cast zinc gears in the tanks (unless these Taigen steel gears are just not being painted or anodized black which makes them appear to be die-cast zinc in the images), I'm sorry I will have to ask for confirmation on whether you are 100% certain your question was in fact answered properly from the manufacturer, that is, they were extremely clear on what your question was asking about the gears being steel & not misinterpreted as asking if they were metal, & you are willing to maintain that what will come in all the Taigen tanks are in fact all steel gears, & not die-cast zinc gears.

Thanks for final clarification on the gearbox question.

~ Craig ~

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.