Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New 1:16 Tiger 1 kit is here! Static, airsoft, or IR all in one kit!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New 1:16 Tiger 1 kit is here! Static, airsoft, or IR all in one kit!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 10:04 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Default New 1:16 Tiger 1 kit is here! Static, airsoft, or IR all in one kit!

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to let everyone know our 1:16 Tiger 1 kit just got here! Here are some pictures below. As soon as lunch ends I'll make sure there is more pictures put up! Also take a look at that all English color manual
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00025.jpg
Views:	2077
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	1960356   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00026.jpg
Views:	966
Size:	3.04 MB
ID:	1960357   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00027.jpg
Views:	1152
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	1960358   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00028.jpg
Views:	870
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	1960359   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00029.jpg
Views:	927
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	1960360  
Old 01-21-2014, 10:25 AM
CHIEFSONN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice,what are the three options!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:32 AM
mcovalsk

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally!!!!! somebody smart realized we don't want to ungled parts just to be glued again. Looks pretty nice. Will there be others?
Thanks
Old 01-21-2014, 10:51 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by CHIEFSONN
very nice,what are the three options!
Static (no RC), airsoft, or infrared. Both airsoft and IR firing units (as well as an IR receiver) are packaged in this kit. It also includes all mounting hardware for both versions as well as having instructions for both versions so you may swap or change as you wish.

Originally Posted by mcovalsk
Finally!!!!! somebody smart realized we don't want to ungled parts just to be glued again. Looks pretty nice. Will there be others?
Thanks
So far it is only the Tiger 1. If there is enough demand we may do another tank or maybe something cool like a mid production or something. It is all up to you guys there.

So, what pictures do you want first? I'm gonna open some stuff for everyone, make some requests! Just btw, this kit does come with a set of steel gearboxes
Old 01-21-2014, 12:18 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
So far it is only the Tiger 1. If there is enough demand we may do another tank or maybe something cool like a mid production or something. It is all up to you guys there.

So, what pictures do you want first? I'm gonna open some stuff for everyone, make some requests! Just btw, this kit does come with a set of steel gearboxes
Mid...gotta do a mid. Pictures: all of the metal parts first...full inventory. Then lower and upper hull and turret. Then, sprues.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:41 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by philipat
Mid...gotta do a mid. Pictures: all of the metal parts first...full inventory. Then lower and upper hull and turret. Then, sprues.
That is a big list haha! I'll start photographing as I can. For now I have the steel gearboxes (4:1), the airsoft assembly, IR assembly, 195 track links (yea I hope you got time lol), and the first 4 pages of our manual! Yes do you get two barrels for those that noticed. How about for now I just get you a list of the parts? I'll work on getting everything logged as time allows.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00031.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	1960428   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00032.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	1960429   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00033.jpg
Views:	781
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	1960430   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00034.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	1960434   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00035.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	1960435   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00036.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	1960438   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00037.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	1960451   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00038.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	1960452  

Old 01-21-2014, 02:26 PM
groundpounder6

Having a 3 in 1 model is a great idea, Tell Taigen thanks for listening, or at least trying to make more options ! Do you know if the full metal version coming out in March will have an option to have the 3 in 1 parts as an upgrade ? or is it just the metal parts / hull / turret / road wheels etc ?
Chris
Old 01-21-2014, 02:37 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by groundpounder6
Having a 3 in 1 model is a great idea, Tell Taigen thanks for listening, or at least trying to make more options ! Do you know if the full metal version coming out in March will have an option to have the 3 in 1 parts as an upgrade ? or is it just the metal parts / hull / turret / road wheels etc ?
Chris
Actually it was part my idea for the 3n1. I figured for a few bucks more it might be worth it to the hardcore guys and we could just make one manual for both. The boss agreed and here we are The metal King Tiger coming out in March will be a fully built tank already. It will not be in kit form like this Tiger 1. The King Tiger will have metal road wheels, turret, drive and idler wheels, chassis, and a few other metal accessories.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:54 PM
DeadTom

Sweet, what is the asking price for this 3 in 1 kit?
And currently I have 4 HL tanks that I equipped with IR; will your IR speak with HL's IR?

Last edited by DeadTom; 01-21-2014 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Added Question
Old 01-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Very cool. This is a good direction. I think similar kits for Panthers, Kvs, Panzer 3 and 4s and any of the other HL type releases with upgraded hulls, bearings in the wheels and idlers and recoil barrels will be very popular.

Just a question; would it be possible for the distributors to swap out specific parts, as mentioned above to get a Mid or Late tiger kit? I have my (awesome ) HL / Asiatam early tiger but would not rule out a Late...
Old 01-21-2014, 06:05 PM
modelbob71

Very very impressive. Congratulations on what appears to be a home run!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 03:01 AM
YHR

How much?

No electronics,not RTR. No paint, I am guessing this must be priced lower then the Taigen RTR tanks?

Does this have the corrected asymetrical turret, because that is one thing I really would have liked to be fixed on the Heng Long family of tanks.

I think this is a move in the right direction, just not sure if this is the model I would have chosen this experiment on.

Poor sales might be just because this tank has been done to death, and the great idea will be lost for reasons other then the idea itself. I won't be buying this not because I don't, like the idea, I am just tired of this model.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:18 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by DeadTom
Sweet, what is the asking price for this 3 in 1 kit?
And currently I have 4 HL tanks that I equipped with IR; will your IR speak with HL's IR?
Price from US will start at $499.99. Price from a dealer will vary and will probably be cheaper. A few people here plan on getting them, check your regulars first. IR compatibility will be with our brand only.

Originally Posted by Strato50
Very cool. This is a good direction. I think similar kits for Panthers, Kvs, Panzer 3 and 4s and any of the other HL type releases with upgraded hulls, bearings in the wheels and idlers and recoil barrels will be very popular.

Just a question; would it be possible for the distributors to swap out specific parts, as mentioned above to get a Mid or Late tiger kit? I have my (awesome ) HL / Asiatam early tiger but would not rule out a Late...
The kit comes as is. If we do another model we might be able to do something in the future, but for now it is just the early version. A mid would probably come before a late tbh, I always like doing something new.

Originally Posted by modelbob71
Very very impressive. Congratulations on what appears to be a home run!!!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by YHR
How much?

No electronics,not RTR. No paint, I am guessing this must be priced lower then the Taigen RTR tanks?

Does this have the corrected asymetrical turret, because that is one thing I really would have liked to be fixed on the Heng Long family of tanks.

I think this is a move in the right direction, just not sure if this is the model I would have chosen this experiment on.

Poor sales might be just because this tank has been done to death, and the great idea will be lost for reasons other than the idea itself. I won't be buying this not because I don't, like the idea, I am just tired of this model.
Right now it retails from US at $499.99. Check around, I know a few people here dealer wise will be stocking them. This has our same turret we had the mold redone a bit more than a year ago (I wasnt here when the mold was redone). The Tiger 1 is still a great seller, I understand you might be burnt out on it, but sales have been pretty good so far, we actually sold a good percentage of them yesterday alone. I can't wait to see what you guys do to the kits....
Old 01-22-2014, 08:45 AM
YHR

Amazing. I guess that is why we see the Tiger done again and again and again.

The box art says no electronics,but you say it is compatble with H L IR only which one would assume you have electronics in the kit? Can you clarify this

What does a RTR Taigen Tiger sell for?
Old 01-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by YHR
Amazing. I guess that is why we see the Tiger done again and again and again.

The box art says no electronics,but you say it is compatble with H L IR only which one would assume you have electronics in the kit? Can you clarify this

What does a RTR Taigen Tiger sell for?
The IR is not HL compatible. Everyone uses their own signal. MSRP for the Tiger 1 is $550. As for what electronics is there, I think the list is shorter if I just list what isn't there. Here is what you need to complete the kit:
TX/RX
speaker and smoke unit (optional)
on/off switch

We will be offering a kit to complete it as well if you decide to use our electronics. It will include our 2.4GHz TX/RX combo along with a speaker, full 2.4GHz wiring kit, and an ON/OFF switch that works with both the airsoft and IR versions. The item number will be 120616 on that one, price will retail for $119.99. Yea the Tiger is still the most popular tank by far, no questions asked. Even the plastic versions are great sellers. I have a few small things to catch up on and I'll get a list of all the parts for everyone so you can see the connectors and everything
Old 01-22-2014, 11:45 PM
Strato50

Looks like it's this little board here, described as an RX-18 but it's not compatible with HL RX-18s or the HL 2.4ghz boards.. in the description it states that it will only work with other Taigen boards and remotes.

http://www.rctank.de/NEW-24-GHz-rx-18-board-for-tanks

http://www.rctank.de/NEW-24-GHz-Taigen-remote Taigen remote (that has a nice bit Torro sticker on it, hehe)

Ive got to say it's not a good thing to have ANOTHER stand-alone battle system that doesn't play well with others. The guys that came up with systems like Mako put a good amount of time and energy into systems that allowed the last generation of Heng Long RX-18s play with the Tamiya (and now Clark) guys. Maybe that's already plug and play?

The kit would have been better off with complete wiring kits & no board at all.

*edit* Here's the same stuff from Welsh that has better info in not-translated English... I've become pretty used to German-English heh heh.

http://www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk/t...age-1778-p.asp

Last edited by Strato50; 01-23-2014 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:31 AM
vonmarshall
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Let's have an initial version for a bit of DAK style!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:22 AM
Imex-Erik

Looks like it's this little board here, described as an RX-18 but it's not compatible with HL RX-18s or the HL 2.4ghz boards.. in the description it states that it will only work with other Taigen boards and remotes.

http://www.rctank.de/NEW-24-GHz-rx-18-board-for-tanks

http://www.rctank.de/NEW-24-GHz-Taigen-remote Taigen remote (that has a nice bit Torro sticker on it, hehe)

Ive got to say it's not a good thing to have ANOTHER stand-alone battle system that doesn't play well with others. The guys that came up with systems like Mako put a good amount of time and energy into systems that allowed the last generation of Heng Long RX-18s play with the Tamiya (and now Clark) guys. Maybe that's already plug and play?

The kit would have been better off with complete wiring kits & no board at all.

*edit* Here's the same stuff from Welsh that has better info in not-translated English... I've become pretty used to German-English heh heh.

http://www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk/t...age-1778-p.asp
Well the Tiger 1 kit doesnt come with a TX/RX, that other electronics kit was for people that do not wish to put a different motherboard in their own tanks. We understand some people just want a drop in kit, but others want freedom. We can't please everyone, but this is a big step in the direction. It is best to start with a model you know is popular and sells well to test the market for other kits. Feedback from this one will be applied to future tanks if we decide to pursue that route (the manual was not fun lol).
I understand the IR thing, until everyone agrees on an open source IR battle system protocol, there will always be fragmentation.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:18 AM
Strato50

I still don't understand... does the new kit come with a control board? The 2.4ghz boards (the RX-18 or equivalent, whichever) is what I'd refer to as the RX, the receiver so please let us know if you mean something different.

How can it be this or that compatible without the RX? It defines what it will or won't work with... it doesn't make sense to say it won't work with Tamiya or HL tanks if you can just drop in a Clark and solve everything.

As long as the IR emitter is around 940 nanometers you'll be compatible with everyone else (assuming using a Clark / Tamiya / DBU / SLU / Mako / IBU / etc setup), the reason HL battle tanks aren't up to par is because, for some reason, they insist on using crappy IR bulbs in the 800nm range that will work if driven by a Clark, they just aren't as good.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:08 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Strato50, Erik keeps saying no TX/RX, which I think means no Transmitter or Reciever for this new kit. Which for me means no control boards in this kit. That gives us the freedom to put what ever control boards we want in this beast. It does have the drive, elevation, traverse, and gun recoil gearboxes. So for me it would be either a Tamiya DMD/MF or Clark to make this puppy come to life. Someone else may want a Elmod or DB3 or even the IBU? your choice.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:11 AM
Imex-Erik

I still don't understand... does the new kit come with a control board? The 2.4ghz boards (the RX-18 or equivalent, whichever) is what I'd refer to as the RX, the receiver so please let us know if you mean something different.

How can it be this or that compatible without the RX? It defines what it will or won't work with... it doesn't make sense to say it won't work with Tamiya or HL tanks if you can just drop in a Clark and solve everything.

As long as the IR emitter is around 940 nanometers you'll be compatible with everyone else (assuming using a Clark / Tamiya / DBU / SLU / Mako / IBU / etc setup), the reason HL battle tanks aren't up to par is because, for some reason, they insist on using crappy IR bulbs in the 800nm range that will work if driven by a Clark, they just aren't as good.
The Tiger 1 kit does not come with any control board/motherboard/RX. When the IR question was brought up I was talking about our IR receiver that is included in the kit. It is set up for Taigen vs. Taigen. I wanted everyone to have the option of using whatever motherboard/RX they wanted so it was left out. Please forgive me about the IR question, I read it wrong. I don't have anyone to IR battle with me either, so I am a bit more behind on the IR knowledge than I should be. I have actually been preparing for that by gathering up info on some popular boards and plan on messing with them soon.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Strato50

Oh very nice! Heh no problem, I know a couple people weren't sure I'm glad it's cleared up.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:39 AM
CaptainB

I think this is a great idea but it's not the right model. The Tiger has been done in so many forms now that it's boring. I have 3 HL and a Tamiya and am not planning on any more Tiger 1 purchases.

Please give us a new tank in this format and I'll be there...........................................
Old 01-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Imex-Erik

Oh very nice! Heh no problem, I know a couple people weren't sure I'm glad it's cleared up.
Yea I wish I had some more people to battle with, Florida is pretty culturally devoid. I'm lucky enough to have a track near my house, but it is of course 1:10 and not for tanks
I'm trying to convince bossman to let me build a small tank playground in the back where I can test them and the cars at once. I will make sure to take at least one trip up to Danville this year to play though, I try to fix up a few special tanks before we go
Old 01-23-2014, 12:56 PM
DeadTom

I know we have beat that IR question to death but I must say that the IR apple shown in your photos look just like the HL IR apple......just saying, not trying to start a whole other issue.
But, Imex-Erik, I will say thanks to Taigen for listening to the small but active group here on RCG. Your the efforts put forth do not not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.