Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Just ordered my 1st RC Tank

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Just ordered my 1st RC Tank

Old 02-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Tweeder505

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered my 1st RC Tank

Hello Everyone,
I just ordered my first tank, a 1/16 Heng Long M41A3 Walker Bulldog. I know that in doing some web searching there aren't a lot of modifications asdie from Tracks, Drive & Idler Wheels and Gearbox for it, but does anyone know any other good mods for it?
I'm thinking of getting the HL M26 Pershing to convert to an M46, lets get the M41 rolling first, lol.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:09 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Hallo Tweeder505, your very welcome here, I should say that we can help you a bit better if we know where you are, The USA, Canada, Europe, Australia or anyplace else I have missed, They all offer different dealer opportunities. shaun
Old 02-18-2014, 10:57 AM
Tweeder505

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Shaun, I'm in The US in South Florida
Old 02-18-2014, 11:20 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Stand by Tweeder your countrymen will I am sure be coming to your rescue quite soon, I have never built a Bulldog but I have built other Tanks by Heng Long and there are truck loads of upgrades available from various dealers , they go from tow shackles to a totally new R/C package, it really comes down to the size of your pocket book. shaun
Old 02-18-2014, 01:36 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Hi Tweeder
The HL M41 isn't a particularly accurate rendition of the actual vehicle, so there's plenty of scope for fixing it, if that's what you want to do. It has fewer upgrade options available than the German tanks, so that just means you get to have a unique vehicle, though you mostly have to do it yourself. If you want to have a crack at that - http://hobbyhavoc.com/forum/index.php?board=27.0 - will give you some ideas, though you'll have to sign in to see the pics. Some reference pics - http://hobbyhavoc.com/forum/index.php?board=112.0 . Most of mine are New Zealand vehicles (I have 6 1/2), which were early construction M41A1's - different turret, engine grilles, headlight mounts & Gun Travel Lock mounting - all of which 'm still working on....slowly.
Mal